THE BROWNS BOARD

Chiefs fan’s take on the Dorsey hire

Adoug319

From Browns Reddit:

First off, you guys will (should) benefit immensely from Dorsey. Your franchise has a bad rep for being run poorly and this guy is just the medicine you need. Dorsey literally turned our team around in an off season with the personnel he brought in and his draft picks. KC had our darkest season ever in 2012, going 2-14 and a player committing suicide in the Arrowhead parking lot, only to go 11-5 and win the AFC West the following year. We’ve been to the playoffs every year -save one - under Dorsey (and Ried, obviously). He has a GREAT eye for talent and has a great track record with the draft. Honestly, I’m stoked for the Browns and am eager to see how a team that has been a perennial embarrassment in the league (no offense!) potentially turn it around and become a true NFL contender. And if the rumors of Alex Smith reuniting with Dorsey next year become reality, then expect another similarly worded post from this Chiefs fan. Congrats again, Browns! Things are looking up!

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's nice to hear, it is.

But I still find if peculiar that he did such a good job in Kansas City only to get fired for being "unorganized"... His track record coupled with his firing in KC just is odd.

The solution on communication and organization is likely the coming addition of a President of football Opps 

Let me put it this way. I think him getting called out on being disorganized and a bad communicator has most likely helped him. He doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't learn from his mistakes. I'm sure he was asked while interviewing what he learned and what he plans to do to shore up these short comings. You can fix organization/communication. You can hire people to do that Sheet for you. You can't fix someone who can't identify talent. 

YET.....

what has KC done for all his 'football knowledge'? GB with injuries?

first thought was wtf...we hired bum QB out of Miami to run this org. second thought was. great hires (lol). way to build teams! (lol).

like hiring jim caldwell as coach and matt millen as GM.

i pray (lol) that this works out....but the minute they draft mayfield will be the minute i break my windows and behead myself.

they sir, are no NE patriots....who are the top-rung standard of football professionalism.

hating the pats is like saying f. mercury wasn't the greatest vocalist in history cuz he took it up the butt or watching and eagle (trump) in live rally swoop down and grab ur lil pussy cat (dan quayle) and say 'well...................'. ...................... then voting for his dolt boss. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

My understanding has been that Jenkins, not DePo, is the cap guru.

As for KC's cap... they are over it for 2018 just based upon their rostered commitments. It's why I believe Alex Smith will be available.

14 hours ago, Harry Buffalo said:

Let me put it this way. I think him getting called out on being disorganized and a bad communicator has most likely helped him. He doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't learn from his mistakes. I'm sure he was asked while interviewing what he learned and what he plans to do to shore up these short comings. You can fix organization/communication. You can hire people to do that Sheet for you. You can't fix someone who can't identify talent. 

lol... sure, you can hire a secretary to file, remind you of appointments, etc., but personal organization is a lot more than that. At its core is an approach, a thought process. That's not getting fixed in a year off; that's an attribute that cannot be supplemented by hiring help.

On the other hand... a pure knowledge gap...

Pop Quiz: What happens when a disorganized person is put at the top of an organization???

Archived