THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Sashi played The Heel very well. He was the Harvard pencil pusher who never played or coached the game who broke everything down into numbers and exchanged remaining assets into draft picks, and then draft picks into more draft picks. He got us an edge rusher, some young parts and a billion future draft picks, but he whiffed on the QB position and didn't leave enough on the bone for a winning culture to start to take root. So He Gone.

In steps the rugged Irishman, John Dorsey, former Packer linebacker and special teams grunt who worked his way up through the personnel ranks, eventually helping to build consistent contenders in GB and KC through solid drafting, building talented rosters on both sides of the ball in both places.

He knows football players. he's done it, he's built it , and now he has an NFL personnel guy's dream, a team set to draft first with the following list:

Browns' current 2018 picks:
Rd 1
Rd 1 (HOU)
Rd 2
Rd 2 (HOU)
Rd 2 (PHI)
Rd 3
Rd 4
Rd 4 (CAR)
Rd 5
Rd 5 (KC)
Rd 6
Rd 6 (PIT)
Rd 7

Go get 'em Big John

EP-141108880.jpg&updated=201411061533&Ma

fullwidth-6.jpg

Chicago at Cincinnati 1:00 Pm

The Great Zomboni was no Mitch trubisky fan last offseason, and so far neither are Bears fans, as the struggling rookie is completing only 54% of his throws and has accumulated 180 yards passing only ONCE in eight starts. The Bungles veteran defense should have fun with him in the Jungle. BUNGLES 27 BEARS 3

Green Bay at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Two more struggling young QBs here, but only one has Josh Gordon to throw to, so I am thinking any playoff hopes the Packers were still carrying gets buried embarrassingly on the turf of Cleveland browns Stadium BROWNS 23 PACKERS 13

Baltimore at Pittsburgh 8:30 PM, Sunday Night Football

Just when you thought the Steelers might sew up the division early, they will get smacked in the face by the birds, who are excelling on defense and finally finding their way on offence. They are a cold weather, December team ... like the Steelers used to be. RAVENS 20 STEELERS 16

TGZ

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.png.538359a62e6c332ed3d0ea1e5ad3b800.png

Buoyed by a nice Week 14 showing... we press on.

CHI @ CIN (-6.0)

Easy pick... Even we should beat CHI when the time comes.

Prediction: CIN 27 CHI 10

BLT @ PTG (-5.5)

The Ravens were poised to give PTG all they could handle before last week's MNF. The toll the CIN game took was too great to overcome in a short week.

Prediction: BLT 20 PTG 14

GB @ CLE (+3.0)

I actually had us winning this game... I mean, Hundley? WTF is scared of Hundley?

Then the players were once again reminded who they are playing for.

Prediction: GB 23 CLE 10

image.png

Baltimore at Pittsburgh 8:30 PM, Sunday Night Football

Just when you thought the Steelers might sew up the division early, they will get smacked in the face by the birds, who are excelling on defense and finally finding their way on offence. They are a cold weather, December team ... like the Steelers used to be. RAVENS 20 STEELERS 16

My rooting interest is on the meat wagon.  I know, it is politically incorrect to do so....given the injury to Shazier. So...no, I don't want any life affecting injuries like that. But a few broken knees, dislocated shoulders, etc. are perfectly fine with me. 

These teams need to step it up and outdo the Steelers/Bangle game

CHI @ CIN (-6.0)

Prediction: CIN 27 CHI 10

FINAL: CHI 33 CIN 7??? - L/L... Sorry, Marvin, but your team mailed this one in and the envelope's contents look like a pink slip.

BLT @ PTG (-5.5)

Prediction: BLT 20 PTG 14

FINAL: PTG 39 BLT 38 - LL/WW... A shootout? Who are these guys?

GB @ CLE (+3.0)

Prediction: GB 23 CLE 10

FINAL: GB 27 CLE 21 - W/W... Learned how to take a lead. Next lesson: How to Hold a Lead

Pretty weird week... but one that reduced the deficit vs. the spread.

image.png.3fde5462d2461d984abe377799570d10.png

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Yall, might as well get that Costco sized package of anal lube ready for the possibility of another Steelers Super Bow.l.

Bens final swan song.

I get the same feeling on Ben... dude just looks tired of it all... like every hit is wildly painful...

... but not the Steelers. Shazier has left a huge hole in the middle of their D. I can't see them outscoring the Pats when they can barely outscore the Ravens.

Should have an answer in less than a week.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I get the same feeling on Ben... dude just looks tired of it all... like every hit is wildly painful...

... but not the Steelers. Shazier has left a huge hole in the middle of their D. I can't see them outscoring the Pats when they can barely outscore the Ravens.

Should have an answer in less than a week.

They got lucky as fuyuck to win last night. 

If there was a chance that Ben would continue playing, that was erased by the Shazier thing.

He was never that smart and he has hit his head 1,000 times.  This is it for him. He is smart enough to get out with the few brain cells he has left.

I expect the Shazier thing to lead several others to hang-it-up as well - and not just players at PIT.

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Yall, might as well get that Costco sized package of anal lube ready for the possibility of another Steelers Super Bow.l.

Bens final swan song.

Steelers are tough. I would like to see them win another one. Dynasties in pro sports are great stories to tell.

ummmmmm, well it's the perfect time for Dìck to chime in here.

CLE is not the worst win-less team in football ---- ummmm What I mean to say is. . .   CLE is not as bad as their record suggests.

CLE lost several close games in OT or right at the end.

PIT is not that great and they are certainly not as good as their record suggests. They pulled way too many wins outta their butt at the last second and squeaked by several back-up QB's.

In the next week or so, we will know if CLE will face the PIT starters or the backups again.

Would you rather see the starters or the backups or don't yinz care?

Oh and by-the-way. . . . This has never happened before, PIT having the top players in all three.  It's only because Tom Brady played Monday night, and Ben happened to throw for over 500 yards on Sunday night.  So, Ben lasted about 24 hours as #1 - Brady just replaced him.

NE just lost but they are not going to lose two games in a row, so. . . . .. . . .

B-B-B - Copy.jpg

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Browns fans used to be as tough as Steeler fans.

They are still tougher, fagley.

Nice to see you gave up on your Pats already, little man.

Can't even believe in them when they are first place and defending champions ...

Zombo

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Browns fans used to be as tough as Steeler fans.

Steeler fans are not "tough".   They simply have had a winning team. In the few years after they had their Super Bowl run...then had a bit of a downturn in performance, they were getting only 35-40 K in that stadium.  If they had a run like the Browns have had, their stadium would be a ghost town on game days. 

Also...see how fast your Patriot fans jump ship when the Brady ride comes to an end.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

They are still tougher, fagley.

Nice to see you gave up on your Pats already, little man.

Can't even believe in them when they are first place and defending champions ...

Zombo

When have Patriot fans ever been considered tough?  Not in my lifetime...which happens to be longer than the Patriots franchise lifetime.

Archived