THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Steeler fans are not "tough".   They simply have had a winning team. In the few years after they had their Super Bowl run...then had a bit of a downturn in performance, they were getting only 35-40 K in that stadium.  If they had a run like the Browns have had, their stadium would be a ghost town on game days. 

Also...see how fast your Patriot fans jump ship when the Brady ride comes to an end.

So the criteria that measures fan toughness is game attendance? Refusing to patronize a poor product takes place in any industry.

Some would call you idiots, others would say you have no life....I suppose that would make you tough.

The Charlie Daniels song "In America"  he lays out his criteria for what makes for a tough fan.

The line, "Just go and lay your hand on a Pittsburgh Steelers fan" and I think you're gonna finally understand
stems from Daniels' feeling that the people in Pittsburgh are "The salt of the earth, the finest, just the greatest people. The strength of America."

He says, "I've gone to ball games at different places, but I've always felt the Pittsburgh Steelers fans, especially in the old stadium - I mean, they're steel workers and they're good old guys with blisters, or calluses on their hands"

Then there's this.

This ranking has Steeler fans at the 4th toughest...browns at #14

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/photos/2017-nfl-fan-base-rankings-cowboys-beat-out-patriots-packers-fans-for-top-spot/30/

53 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

So the criteria that measures fan toughness is game attendance? Refusing to patronize a poor product takes place in any industry.

If your stadium is half empty just a couple of years after winning 4 Championships? 

Some would call you idiots, others would say you have no life....I suppose that would make you tough.

Not jumping ship at the first few signs of adversity would be tough. Sorry...Steeler fans don't fit that criteria.

The Charlie Daniels song "In America"  he lays out his criteria for what makes for a tough fan.

The line, "Just go and lay your hand on a Pittsburgh Steelers fan" and I think you're gonna finally understand
stems from Daniels' feeling that the people in Pittsburgh are "The salt of the earth, the finest, just the greatest people. The strength of America."

He says, "I've gone to ball games at different places, but I've always felt the Pittsburgh Steelers fans, especially in the old stadium - I mean, they're steel workers and they're good old guys with blisters, or calluses on their hands"

Then there's this.

This ranking has Steeler fans at the 4th toughest...browns at #14

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/photos/2017-nfl-fan-base-rankings-cowboys-beat-out-patriots-packers-fans-for-top-spot/30/

Charlie Daniels wouldn't know his arse from gopher hole. There were probably more Steeler workers in Cleveland than in Pittsburgh....or at least it was close. Plus we had auto workers, rubber workers, longshoremen etc. 

And your "old stadium"  was nothing compared to our old stadium.

Steeler fans are pussies. Steeler fans are stupid and drunk.  Many Steeler fans are FRAKs.  Most other are Fair weather fans. 

I don't care what myths you may think are out there. They are just that.  Steeler fans are **Mask**. Seriously...what do you think the state of Steeler frakdom would be if they had as piss poor a stretch as the Browns have had.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:51 AM, Zombo said:

Sashi played The Heel very well. He was the Harvard pencil pusher who never played or coached the game who broke everything down into numbers and exchanged remaining assets into draft picks, and then draft picks into more draft picks. He got us an edge rusher, some young parts and a billion future draft picks, but he whiffed on the QB position and didn't leave enough on the bone for a winning culture to start to take root. So He Gone.

In steps the rugged Irishman, John Dorsey, former Packer linebacker and special teams grunt who worked his way up through the personnel ranks, eventually helping to build consistent contenders in GB and KC through solid drafting, building talented rosters on both sides of the ball in both places.

He knows football players. he's done it, he's built it , and now he has an NFL personnel guy's dream, a team set to draft first with the following list:

Browns' current 2018 picks:
Rd 1
Rd 1 (HOU)
Rd 2
Rd 2 (HOU)
Rd 2 (PHI)
Rd 3
Rd 4
Rd 4 (CAR)
Rd 5
Rd 5 (KC)
Rd 6
Rd 6 (PIT)
Rd 7

Go get 'em Big John

EP-141108880.jpg&updated=201411061533&Ma

fullwidth-6.jpg

Chicago at Cincinnati 1:00 Pm

The Great Zomboni was no Mitch trubisky fan last offseason, and so far neither are Bears fans, as the struggling rookie is completing only 54% of his throws and has accumulated 180 yards passing only ONCE in eight starts. The Bungles veteran defense should have fun with him in the Jungle. BUNGLES 27 BEARS 3

Green Bay at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Two more struggling young QBs here, but only one has Josh Gordon to throw to, so I am thinking any playoff hopes the Packers were still carrying gets buried embarrassingly on the turf of Cleveland browns Stadium BROWNS 23 PACKERS 13

Baltimore at Pittsburgh 8:30 PM, Sunday Night Football

Just when you thought the Steelers might sew up the division early, they will get smacked in the face by the birds, who are excelling on defense and finally finding their way on offence. They are a cold weather, December team ... like the Steelers used to be. RAVENS 20 STEELERS 16

TGZ

Vegas wants you, now.

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

They are still tougher, fagley.

Nice to see you gave up on your Pats already, little man.

Can't even believe in them when they are first place and defending champions ...

Zombo

Tougher?

Let me see.........Stan gets bombarded by people asking for moderation, censorship and banning?

Oh Yeahhhhhhhh, real bunch of tough bastards we got here. How the hell can anyone complain to admin over this crap, let alone on the movie board and political board. LMAO. Tough.......... LOL. The only Browns fan that can stand toe-to-toe whomping the living schidt out of Steeler fans, is me. Moderated swear words........... LMAO.....TOUGH GUYS.... Pantyhose boys is more like it.

5 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Vegas wants you, now.

Fuyuck Vegas.  Vegas is a place for people to go to die.

Ben Sanderson, a Hollywood screenwriter who lost everything because of his alcoholism, arrives in Las Vegas to drink himself to death. There, he meets and forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with prostitute Sera.

23 hours ago, StinkHole said:

You say that after every Steeler win since 1972.

The Steelers WERE lucky. Lucky they drafted Ben Roethlisberger. 500 yards passing for the third time. Damn, that is so lucky. No skill involved at all, right? Assshole Browns fans.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fuyuck Vegas.  Vegas is a place for people to go to die.

Ben Sanderson, a Hollywood screenwriter who lost everything because of his alcoholism, arrives in Las Vegas to drink himself to death. There, he meets and forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with prostitute Sera.

Yes, that makes sense. Great weather, mountains, desert, entertainment and food galore. Lake Meade, Valley of Fire, Grand Canyon, Endless winding mountain roads, Route 66, and on and on and on. Yes, Cleveland is the place everyone wants to retire to. LMAO. Even Myles Garrett doesn't want to be in that schidthole.

20 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Why so bitter Skidmark, your best girl dumped you and ran off with a Steeler fan?

Watch it Stinks, Mark O is the leading reporter to the admin. The admin thinks he is a jackoff, but he WILL report you.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Tougher?

Let me see.........Stan gets bombarded by people asking for moderation, censorship and banning?

Oh Yeahhhhhhhh, real bunch of tough bastards we got here. How the hell can anyone complain to admin over this crap, let alone on the movie board and political board. LMAO. Tough.......... LOL. The only Browns fan that can stand toe-to-toe whomping the living schidt out of Steeler fans, is me. Moderated swear words........... LMAO.....TOUGH GUYS.... Pantyhose boys is more like it.

This is the least moderated football board I have ever come across and It wasn't for you, Fuckface, it would hardly be moderated at all.Stan's idea to moderate swear words, I was the one that took the moderation off.

Don't confuse the fans with the teams. Steeler fans are soft and so are patriots fans. Winning is too easy for the fans, and they are spoiled. Only Browns fans would have this much passion at 4-41 ... we're tougher than everybody, just a few pussies like you.

Zombo

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Watch it Stinks, Mark O is the leading reporter to the admin. The admin thinks he is a jackoff, but he WILL report you.

That's bullshit asswipe.  I've never reported anyone to admin so you can blow me ya fat fuck.   I get all the emails from people bitching about what someone said or didn't say and I don't even read them but never, ever have I sent one.    But that's ok....you continue to make shit up like you always do so you can continue to live in your own world of being "king of a message board" and keep pounding your chest.  

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

You dont think Boston is tough?

You dont know Boston.

Boston has some tough people.

That does not make Pats fans tough.

Red Sox fans ARE the whiniest fans in America.  I suspect after Brady retires and the Pats start losing again that they will start to match the Red Sox fans for being whiny.

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

You should be a good judge in regards to whining. 

I am.  I do hear it from people in court at times....and I hear it from the likes of you and other Bawston fans. 

Whiners, the whole lot of you.

Say what you will about Steeler fans...and there is a lot negative to say about them....but they are not particularly whiny....not like Bawston.

7 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Ghoolie stepped behind the ropes with Ernie Shavers.In 2001, Ghoolie challenged any Steelers fan with balls that he would kick their asses. 3 Steelers fan went to Memphis and showed up at his door step and Ghoolie took care of business.

I have a ton of respect for Ghoolie and none for you.

Ghoolie got bent over the ropes by Ernie Shavers, there is no such thing as Steeler fans with balls but he still walks down the other side of the sidewalk if he sees on in Memphis, and he backed down from a challenge from a middle-aged Realtor with plenty of notice, where he could finally back up his mouth..

He is the poster boy of pussies.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Ghoolie got bent over the ropes by Ernie Shavers, there is no such thing as Steeler fans with balls but he still walks down the other side of the sidewalk if he sees on in Memphis, and he backed down from a challenge from a middle-aged Realtor with plenty of notice, where he could finally back up his mouth..

He is the poster boy of pussies.

Zombo

A lot of people got bent over by Ernie Shavers. No shame in that.

As far you YOUR challenge goes. You don't call a guy out to a fight and then ask him to buy a plane ticket to come fight you. Essentially what you did is thump YOUR chest making an offer that nobody was ever going to accept. 

Look John, you need to go back to getting drunk, and porking all those 3 time loser whores that you call "MILFS". You have a nice, little Walter Mitty life created for yourself. Enjoy it, dude. You are the Hugh Heffner of alcoholics anonymous. If you really wanted to fight, you would have come here to do it, OR, you would have joined Stan on a run to Vegas, and he could have helped you sift through your Sheet to find your teeth.

You aren't a badass, John. You are an overly emotional football fan who actually believes there is some kind of honor, privilege and even quality of life to being a Browns fan. You drink, John. Are you an alcoholic? I don't know, but by your own admission, you are drunk a lot. I was drunk once in my life, when my Father In Law died around 1990. Medication caused me to blow up to 345, But that's over with. I am about 265 now, and will be around 225 some spring. That's what I weighed in the photo playing guitar with WSS.

Now, I never made a career of boxing, but I spent quite a lot of time enjoying it. You aren't an athlete, and I doubt that you have ever been in a fight in your life. If fighting me is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY in your bucket list, then you come see me. I train 2 young AAU hopefuls on occasion here in Memphis. We have access to an 18 foot ring, 10 oz gloves and a ref.

All for your use John. But make no mistake, if your are that fukcking childish, and irresponsible with your own health, I am happy to step into a ring with you. It will be the first time you ever did, and I am sure you don't even known the subtleties of how to slide and shuffle without catching your foot, and falling on your butt. Do you have proper footwear? I can lend you shoes, but they are size 14. 

Do yourself a favor Walter Mitty. Stay in the safety of the Hugh Heffner world you have created for yourself. Make no mistake, if you want fisticuffs with me, you're going to get Shmucked up. Seriously, you're going to get Shmucked up.

Grow up already. You aren't fighting anyone. Go sell a house, screw one of your whores. put on my song, and get drunk. That's your sweet spot, man, Enjoy.

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

A lot of people got bent over by Ernie Shavers. No shame in that.

As far you YOUR challenge goes. You don't call a guy out to a fight and then ask him to buy a plane ticket to come fight you. Essentially what you did is thump YOUR chest making an offer that nobody was ever going to accept. 

Look John, you need to go back to getting drunk, and porking all those 3 time loser whores that you call "MILFS". You have a nice, little Walter Mitty life created for yourself. Enjoy it, dude. You are the Hugh Heffner of alcoholics anonymous. If you really wanted to fight, you would have come here to do it, OR, you would have joined Stan on a run to Vegas, and he could have helped you sift through your Sheet to find your teeth.

You aren't a badass, John. You are an overly emotional football fan who actually believes there is some kind of honor, privilege and even quality of life to being a Browns fan. You drink, John. Are you an alcoholic? I don't know, but by your own admission, you are drunk a lot. I was drunk once in my life, when my Father In Law died around 1990. Medication caused me to blow up to 345, But that's over with. I am about 265 now, and will be around 225 some spring. That's what I weighed in the photo playing guitar with WSS.

Now, I never made a career of boxing, but I spent quite a lot of time enjoying it. You aren't an athlete, and I doubt that you have ever been in a fight in your life. If fighting me is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY in your bucket list, then you come see me. I train 2 young AAU hopefuls on occasion here in Memphis. We have access to an 18 foot ring, 10 oz gloves and a ref.

All for your use John. But make no mistake, if your are that fukcking childish, and irresponsible with your own health, I am happy to step into a ring with you. It will be the first time you ever did, and I am sure you don't even known the subtleties of how to slide and shuffle without catching your foot, and falling on your butt. Do you have proper footwear? I can lend you shoes, but they are size 14. 

Do yourself a favor Walter Mitty. Stay in the safety of the Hugh Heffner world you have created for yourself. Make no mistake, if you want fisticuffs with me, you're going to get Shmucked up. Seriously, you're going to get Shmucked up.

Grow up already. You aren't fighting anyone. Go sell a house, screw one of your whores. put on my song, and get drunk. That's your sweet spot, man, Enjoy.

Dude, I gave you five months notice to meet me in a neutral location that is closer to you than me. Never said I was a tough guy. I am a boozing middle aged Realtor, and I'll take the Walter Mitty and Hugh Hefner references ... and you still pussed out. That's where you are in life right now. Bullying browns fans on a message board and afraid to fight a drunk Realtor.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Dude, I gave you five months notice to meet me in a neutral location that is closer to you than me. Never said I was a tough guy. I am a boozing middle aged Realtor, and I'll take the Walter Mitty and Hugh Hefner references ... and you still pussed out. That's where you are in life right now. Bullying browns fans on a message board and afraid to fight a drunk Realtor.

Zombo

Carry on Walter. Whatever you believe, whatever makes your reality livable.

23 hours ago, Mark O said:

That's cowpoop asswipe.  I've never reported anyone to admin so you can blow me ya fat Shmuck.   I get all the emails from people bitching about what someone said or didn't say and I don't even read them but never, ever have I sent one.    But that's ok....you continue to make Sheet up like you always do so you can continue to live in your own world of being "king of a message board" and keep pounding your chest.  

Hey Mark,

I apologize to you on this one. I got my screen names mixed up. Honestly, this was an innocent mistake, not a stab at you.. Calsnots is the guy who complains and reports all the time.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

What was Ernie really like outside the gym?

I heard that he was quite the accomplished poker player.

Understand, two things.

1) I personally never brought this aspect of my life on to this board. It was brought here by a couple other posters who knew about it and witnessed it themselves.

2) I also never claimed to have a long-standing friendship, or buddy-buddy relationship with him.  Back in the day he was going through punching bags like a hot knife through butter. A buddy of my Dad, Dooney, was a staple muscle man and boxing mover/shaker around the Youngstown, Y. He suggested to my Dad that "your kid should step in and get a feel for the big show, he can make some money too." So I did. It was right before a three fight extravaganza at Fitch High School circa 1973. Ernie had not yet launched his career with his eventual KO of Ted Gullick at Packard.  The fight card had  3 undefeated heavyweigh bangers from Y town, Ernei, Gullick and a guy named Mike Boswell. Boswell's opponent backed out at the last minute and they actually asked for a volunteer. I was under 21 and couldn't sign a release, although I wanted to. I thought Boswell was a nice guy, and thought it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But alas, no go.

I witnessed Ernie a lot more from the outside of the training ring than from inside, but all I can say is that he was a polite, quiet, giving guy who was a focused, howitzer launching wrecking machine in the ring. Inside the ring he couldn't be approached by anyone but his trainer and manager. Laser focus. He is responsible for putting Ali in the veg-a-matic. The guy hit indescribably hard.

He lives in Vegas now. Another reason I want to live there. Maybe he doens't hit so fukcing hard, now. That was a long, long time ago.

Tommy and Ernie.jpg

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

What have I whined about? I put up with you everyday without complaint. You think its easy when someone who likes the Bangles tells me that Jimi Hendrix was not the Great One? I persevere nevertheless.

Show me any link where Hendrix was give the moniker "The Great One".

Do you have evidence that support your baseless accusations?

That you and most other Red Sox/Patriot fans are whiny pousays?  Yes.  Start with just about every one of your posts. Then go to any other forum dealing with those teams.  

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Hey Mark,

I apologize to you on this one. I got my screen names mixed up. Honestly, this was an innocent mistake, not a stab at you.. Calsnots is the guy who complains and reports all the time.

I agree that "reporting and complaining" to the mods is a whiny beotch move....if in fact your allegations are true.   That would be something one would expect from like Patriot/Red Sox fan....not a Browns fan.

17 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Like the great basketball player who became a head coach, a great whiner became a judge.

Gipper is the master of sitting on his balls.

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am trying to figure that one out, logistically.

They'd have to be sizeable.

I'm thinking it's a compliment... take it that way and run for the door... if you can.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Understand, two things.

1) I personally never brought this aspect of my life on to this board. It was brought here by a couple other posters who knew about it and witnessed it themselves.

2) I also never claimed to have a long-standing friendship, or buddy-buddy relationship with him.  Back in the day he was going through punching bags like a hot knife through butter. A buddy of my Dad, Dooney, was a staple muscle man and boxing mover/shaker around the Youngstown, Y. He suggested to my Dad that "your kid should step in and get a feel for the big show, he can make some money too." So I did. It was right before a three fight extravaganza at Fitch High School circa 1973. Ernie had not yet launched his career with his eventual KO of Ted Gullick at Packard.  The fight card had  3 undefeated heavyweigh bangers from Y town, Ernei, Gullick and a guy named Mike Boswell. Boswell's opponent backed out at the last minute and they actually asked for a volunteer. I was under 21 and couldn't sign a release, although I wanted to. I thought Boswell was a nice guy, and thought it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But alas, no go.

I witnessed Ernie a lot more from the outside of the training ring than from inside, but all I can say is that he was a polite, quiet, giving guy who was a focused, howitzer launching wrecking machine in the ring. Inside the ring he couldn't be approached by anyone but his trainer and manager. Laser focus. He is responsible for putting Ali in the veg-a-matic. The guy hit indescribably hard.

He lives in Vegas now. Another reason I want to live there. Maybe he doens't hit so fukcing hard, now. That was a long, long time ago.

Tommy and Ernie.jpg

Stop ogling the man like a gay, Ghoolie. And get some rogaine.

Archived