THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Hue Jackson the answer?

stillmotion

Is Hue Jackson The Answer?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hue Jackson The Answer?

• Yes, He just needs the right FO in place and an OC
    • No, He'd be better off acting as Fester on a remake of the TV sitcom, "The Addam's Family"

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This year is old and over already.  Bring in a new regime.  Get rid of Kizer and Hue.  

This year might've been the worst year ever. I know a lot of people with optimism had their hearts crushed, and Jimmy's inconsistencies stabbed us in the back.

Ghoolie's assessment of Hue as black uncle fester was correct, and only God knows if Sashi's plan was genius, if he was in over his head, or a combination of both.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2017 at 2:22 PM, hoorta said:

1) Tour, I'm not going to argue about "consensus" anymore, but from some reports, Haslam asked Sashi to do exactly that, bring another (experienced) voice into the room. Brown didn't want to upset his perfect process?  That I'm apparently not understanding somehow? 

Britt was obviously Sashi's "guy". Sashi gone- Britt gone, what else was going on that we don't know about? 

h, there's a difference between bringing in an experienced voice to participate, e.g., Grigson, and an experienced voice to dominate. The latter does not "upset"; it destroys.

Britt was no more "Sashi's guy" than any other rostered player. So you know nothing of the former interworkings of our FO. But Britt may be Bill's guy...

Fear not, however... our new FO is much easier to understand.

Dorsey said. “I took the college scouts who were in town this week and had them take the top 12 quarterbacks in the draft and told them to watch them as a group, have discussions, and see what your rankings are in two days.

I want to get a feeling, not only for their ability to scout..."

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20171216/gm-dorsey-orders-browns-scouts-to-rank-top-12-college-qbs-jeff-schudel

Care to guess what the yard stick for their scouting ability will be?

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

h, there's a difference between bringing in an experienced voice to participate, e.g., Grigson, and an experienced voice to dominate. The latter does not "upset"; it destroys.

Britt was no more "Sashi's guy" than any other rostered player. So you know nothing of the former interworkings of our FO. But Britt may be Bill's guy...

!) Fear not, however... our new FO is much easier to understand.

2) Care to guess what the yard stick for their scouting ability will be?

1) :) I failed at integral calculus Tour- that doesn't exactly make me a dunce. It's some of the perception of the process pumpers. Sashi and DePo were operating on a level so above anyone else, even opposing GM couldn't understand what they were doing. Sounds like a FO power struggle that Sashi lost.  All I understand as a dumb fan is 1- 29 isn't working very well.   

2) Just get me a damn QB, and you're going to look like a genius Mr. Dorsey... 

PS I noticed today the Lake is starting to freeze over. cut a hole in it for Hue- go ice fishing, and oh well if you come back or not, 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

2) Just get me a damn QB, and you're going to look like a genius Mr. Dorsey

Seems to have worked pretty well for the 9ers....... Hopefully the new GM and new HC both get it, and don't try to shove some 2nd or 3rd rounder down our throats, or God forbid, a #22 overall. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sounds like a FO power struggle that Sashi lost.  All I understand as a dumb fan is 1- 29 isn't working very well.   

We all have to work within our limits, h.

Power struggles with the boss, don't usually end well for the underling.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Seems to have worked pretty well for the 9ers....... Hopefully the new GM and new HC both get it, and don't try to shove some 2nd or 3rd rounder down our throats, or God forbid, a #22 overall. 

I wanted Jimmy instead of Manziel that draft. He has high football IQ and a hella quick release. It's true, a QB with high football IQ that's even a game manager would make the Browns much better. But let's admit the offensive playcalling hasn't been genius as well.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

We all have to work within our limits, h.

Power struggles with the boss, don't usually end well for the underling.

Yeah- if your boss isn't patient enough to see the process to it's end- I get that. But we're staring 0-16 in the face after 1-15. I noticed today the Lake is starting to freeze over. Instead of jumping in Hue- just ice skate to Canada....   

In that regard, one of my coolest ever experiences was back in the 70s when we had multiple days of way below zero weather. Figured if it's not frozen now, it's never happening. Walked about a 1\2 mile out on the Lake, all you could see was white. a visit to Antarctica in Ohio. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Notes from happier days....

From the 2017 draft thread: Are you disappointed and why?

On 4/30/2017 at 9:27 AM, D Bone said:

As far from disappointed as the scale can get. Why? Because I think they did a great job getting prospects to fill the large amount of holes in the roster.

As usual for every draft, only time will tell.

And on the 2016 draft in the thread: Random musings on The Draft, Our Draft and Who Knows What Else...

On 5/2/2016 at 11:55 AM, D Bone said:

This draft has D Bone written all over it. I have been pretty vocal over the years of the Browns drafting "football players" and not "workout warriors". I have been pretty vocal on my dislike for the combine, where players rise up some jackass media guru's draft board because he ran around some little orange cones really, really fast. This year we seemed to target guys who were very productive on the field, and we left the workout warriors to someone else.

Obviously I am very thrilled to see a bunch of guys that have proven themselves on the field, and some for several seasons. I get that in the lower end of the draft you can go ahead and take a workout warrior, as the penalty if he fails is a small one, and it can be worth the risk. I'm just glad we didn't do it early on.......... I've had my fill of David Veikune's and Mingo's.

So, I got what I wanted and hopefully for all of us it isn't a 'careful what you wish for' draft, but you can give me a bunch of productive, tough, smart, hardworking guys any day....... After all, you can't be productive at the college level without talent.

Now it's up to the coaches to get the most out of them, and for the first time since I can remember, I really do believe in my heart that we finally have the coaches that will do so.

I also thought the day I bought our Honda Accord that it would run trouble free for many years, but I'm taking it to the dealer again in the morning........... Guess that's why I say things like "only time will tell" and "hopefully for all of us it isn't a 'careful what you wish for'".

^ Those quotes are mine, stemmed from hope and I stand by them, but at least I didn't endorse The Process.......... as that would be really embarrassing. ;)

i think i understand what's happening now.  hue never really left the Bengals.  he is intentionally sabotaging the Browns.  how else can you explain abandoning the run game? how else can you explain the inept play calling?  or wasting time outs/challenges?  it's all coming together.  seriously, there is no way a team can be this bad, the Browns do have some talent.  it takes skill to lose this many games.  next you'll hear of the Steelers and Ravens hiring someone from the Bengals' coaching staff and they'll start losing too.  All part of the Bengals' master plan to take over the AFC north.

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

But Britt may be Bill's guy...

I listened to the Belichick weekly radio interview on the Boston ESPN yesterday.. Britt is just ST/practice fodder essentially, Bill is always trying to make the bottom end of the roster better.  No expectations on Britt so he'll probably actually do well now that nobody cares if he's cut during today's practice.

To answer the original question I don't think he is a good OC/HC, but he could be effective as a HC only with a good OC. The players still play very hard for him and that will matter in the long run. Get the OC, an experienced QB,  Rosen, a FS and another Garrettlike force on the opposite side and everything changes in one season.

There is no Garrett in the draft, we'd have to look to FA for that.. and there are zero names that jump off the page.

Ansah and Jernigan were signed. Sheldon Richardson has underwhelmed but will probably be resigned by Seahawks.

DeMarcus Lawrence will be tagged by Dallas.

If Junior Gallette is the answer, "setting the edge in the run game" is not the question.. He's a situational pass-rusher looking for a deal at age 30 with not one but two recent season-ending Achilles' injuries.

Lotulelei will be available as an expensive backup to Trevon Coley.

Sharif Floyd's knee will end his career..

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

I also thought the day I bought our Honda Accord that it would run trouble free for many years, but I'm taking it to the dealer again in the morning........... Guess that's why I say things like "only time will tell" and "hopefully for all of us it isn't a 'careful what you wish for'".

^ Those quotes are mine, stemmed from hope and I stand by them, but at least I didn't endorse The Process.......... as that would be really embarrassing. ;)

Not only do I still endorse the Process, I still love it.... or at least its memory. No reservations... not even a twinge of embarrassment.

My Accord had 245k on the odometer when I sold it. Good, regular maintenance was a key part of the longevity process... :P

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

D Bone bought his Accord with plans to soup up the engine but got mad and gave up after it didn't ride like a Ferrari after two months.

Man, now I know how Johnny feels. I need to find out where he got his Stalking Protective Order against you...... although I'm sure you're just Catfishing him now. 

Archived