Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Are the Browns going to change or just keep doing the wrong stuff


rich4eagle
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hope Dorsey or somebody understands there is a school in the middle of Ohio that turns out high draft picks every year many becoming All Pros. Why do none of these players ever get drafted by the Browns?  I hope that somehow someway they start understanding that players who touch the ball are the most important ingredient to winning especially the QB.  There are a lot of people on the scouting staff that ends up picking bums every year. I hope they understand that no matter how good oline guys play you lose if players who touch the ball don't make plays that make line play better. The easiest thing to fix on a football team is the offensive line. The one thing that is unfixable is a lousy QB and lousy RB's. An Adrian Peterson or Ezkiel Elliott is invaluable they passed on the both. They have passed 15-20 qbs many who are or will hofers. They passed on Michael Thomas to pick Coleman. If fact they passed on so many OSU players it makes the staff look like buffoons. I hope they understand that in the current era Offense wins championships.

In 1987 the worst thing  happened to the Browns that led to 25 years of lousy teams. The Dawg Pound was created and focus went to defense and drafting oline guys. THE Cleveland Browns heritage is being an offensive juggernaut from 1946 to 1989. Then they threw the Brownie into lake Erie and quit drafting offensive studs and Ohio State players and been losing ever since.

The Dawg Pound should be replaced the Brownie should be brought back and Offense needs to be emphasized instead of an after thought. They need to transform the Dawg Pound into Touchdown Brownie!

If they keep doing the same as they have since Marty left they will get the same results. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • rich4eagle changed the title to Are the Browns going to change or just keep doing the wrong stuff
27 minutes ago, rich4eagle said:

I hope Dorsey or somebody understands there is a school in the middle of Ohio that turns out high draft picks every year many becoming All Pros. Why do none of these players ever get drafted by the Browns?  I hope that somehow someway they start understanding that players who touch the ball are the most important ingredient to winning especially the QB.  There are a lot of people on the scouting staff that ends up picking bums every year. I hope they understand that no matter how good oline guys play you lose if players who touch the ball don't make plays that make line play better. The easiest thing to fix on a football team is the offensive line. The one thing that is unfixable is a lousy QB and lousy RB's. An Adrian Peterson or Ezkiel Elliott is invaluable they passed on the both. They have passed 15-20 qbs many who are or will hofers. They passed on Michael Thomas to pick Coleman. If fact they passed on so many OSU players it makes the staff look like buffoons. I hope they understand that in the current era Offense wins championships.

In 1987 the worst thing  happened to the Browns that led to 25 years of lousy teams. The Dawg Pound was created and focus went to defense and drafting oline guys. THE Cleveland Browns heritage is being an offensive juggernaut from 1946 to 1989. Then they threw the Brownie into lake Erie and quit drafting offensive studs and Ohio State players and been losing ever since.

The Dawg Pound should be replaced the Brownie should be brought back and Offense needs to be emphasized instead of an after thought. They need to transform the Dawg Pound into Touchdown Brownie!

If they keep doing the same as they have since Marty left they will get the same results. 

Long time no see Rich. Honestly don't know the aversion to OSU guys. Yeah, they had Antonio Gates right under their noses too a few miles down the road, and whiffed. 

But take heart my friend. We are drafting a qb high next year, and a bunch of offensive skill players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rich4eagle said:

They passed on Michael Thomas to pick Coleman.

EXACTLY, Richie. Seriously - that was a huge mistake. But Coleman "had better stats" I believe our new GM

knows better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rich4eagle said:

I hope Dorsey or somebody understands there is a school in the middle of Ohio that turns out high draft picks every year many becoming All Pros. Why do none of these players ever get drafted by the Browns?  I hope that somehow someway they start understanding that players who touch the ball are the most important ingredient to winning especially the QB.  There are a lot of people on the scouting staff that ends up picking bums every year. I hope they understand that no matter how good oline guys play you lose if players who touch the ball don't make plays that make line play better. The easiest thing to fix on a football team is the offensive line. The one thing that is unfixable is a lousy QB and lousy RB's. An Adrian Peterson or Ezkiel Elliott is invaluable they passed on the both. They have passed 15-20 qbs many who are or will hofers. They passed on Michael Thomas to pick Coleman. If fact they passed on so many OSU players it makes the staff look like buffoons. I hope they understand that in the current era Offense wins championships.

In 1987 the worst thing  happened to the Browns that led to 25 years of lousy teams. The Dawg Pound was created and focus went to defense and drafting oline guys. THE Cleveland Browns heritage is being an offensive juggernaut from 1946 to 1989. Then they threw the Brownie into lake Erie and quit drafting offensive studs and Ohio State players and been losing ever since.

The Dawg Pound should be replaced the Brownie should be brought back and Offense needs to be emphasized instead of an after thought. They need to transform the Dawg Pound into Touchdown Brownie!

If they keep doing the same as they have since Marty left they will get the same results. 

My brother. :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rich4eagle said:

Ghoolie and I been posting on how to getting it for going on 20 years when is this board and Browns management EVER going to get IT

Hey Rich......don't be so harsh. Corey Coleman is going to wear lipstick and pantyhose tomorrow, and Hasalami has asked Godell to fine anyone who tries to cover or tackle the great wider receiver. Homosexual and Dallas Cowboy wannabe Myles Garrett will be wearing his new line of Zumba outfits. Also, the Browns new Offensive Line, which boasts the highest paid lardasses in the history of NFL OL, will be blocking us to the SB while Kizer's screen passes fly overhead and hit the sideline coaches in the nutsack.

Haven't you heard Rich?  Defense wins championships. Just ask Denver how that is working out for them. Or Dallas, with 5 1st round draft pick lardasses on their OL.

QB, WR, RB...............the three most important positions on the field.  Then you need pass rushers and ball hawks. Crowell is okay, Duke is okay, Ogbah is a histler. None of them are outstanding, none of them would start for the Steelers. In fact, nobody on our starting roster could start for Pittsburgh, INCLUDING a healthy Joe THomas.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a LOT of your post I disagree with, primarily that Offense wins championships.  Couldn't disagree more.  The very era you are touting proved that wrong.  We are re-living that history now and no one has learned anything from it.  Who won the championships in those years and what was their focus?  Defense and ball-control offenses based off the run.  They annihilated those very pass-oriented teams with their celebrity QBs.  Denver did it just 2 years ago and everyone conveniently forgets that, as well.

As far as OSU, though, I doubt anyone here wants the OSU QB with the #1 pick.  Not sure why they don't draft the defensive lineman and linebackers and - in other years - the CBs.  Dorsey seems to draft from the Power 5 conferences that are dominant at the time.  Big 10 - and OSU - may not be in that list right now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BrownPile you don't get it. Average score for winning team in Super Bowl is more than 31 points. That includes all those games way back when when it was D that was more important than now. BTW, how many points did the patriots score in the second half last year? You don't get it Browns management doesn't get it and as long as they pander to fans like you that don't get it they will keep losing

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rich4eagle said:

BrownPile you don't get it. Average score for winning team in Super Bowl is more than 31 points. That includes all those games way back when when it was D that was more important than now. BTW, how many points did the patriots score in the second half last year? You don't get it Browns management doesn't get it and as long as they pander to fans like you that don't get it they will keep losing

Rich, these young guys are jackoffs. The defense depends on the offense. Teams that control the ball and put up points make life easy on the D. THe Offense has always, and will always determine how good a defense is.

  • Good offense allows the D to rest
  • Good offense tires the opposing D, making #1 even more pronounced
  • Offense scores points, defense does not. Football games are won by POINTS. Offense = Points = Defense

Green Bay had a great D, until Rodgers got hurt. Denver had a great D, until Manning quit. THe Steelers had the Steel Curtain, but could not win jack schidt when Bradshaw was hurt.

The least talented players on the field are the Offensive Linemen. The Browns spend more on the OL than any team in the history of the NFL. MEANINGLESS. Joe Thomas is not even missed. You can't tell a fukcing thing has changed without him. Myles Garrett...... Zumba Instructor and Dallas Cowgirl Hopeful has added absoultely nothing to the Browns team. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. THe guy has not made one single play that affected the outcome of one single game. He isn't even our best defensive player. Who is? a bunch of guys taken in rounds 2, 3, 4 or later.

Football is all about the QB. THen WR, RBs. Then defensive players who are killers, ball hawks. We have Josh Gordon and a couple B level running backs. Elliot, Bosa, Shazier. How the hell do you not draft Clay Matthews' kid? 

Idiots in the FO, Idiot fans.

Offense wins championships. Always have, always will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, if only we drafted all OSU players... that would fix everything. 

 

Many are becoming All Pros? Damn, which one's? Zeke was I think. Bosa?

Zeke, Bosa, Thomas, Lattimore, & Shazier was on his way pre-injury.

Decker, Elflein, Linsley, Mewhort, Norwell, & Lee have all played well with the middle 3 being fringe pro-bowlers that just haven't broken through yet.    So uhh, there's some talent derr. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Zeke, Bosa, Thomas, Lattimore, & Shazier was on his way pre-injury.

Decker, Elflein, Linsley, Mewhort, Norwell, & Lee have all played well with the middle 3 being fringe pro-bowlers that just haven't broken through yet.    So uhh, there's some talent derr. 

Well let's go off of how they have played instead of assuming they'll all be pro bowlers. Though the OP said All Pro... which is a good bit of difference. 

 

Zeke is a great HB. Played behind a great OL last season and his been suspended this season. But he is a great player. Taking him top 5, for us, would have been dumb.

Bosa is playing great. No knock there.

Thomas gets to play with Brees on a great offense. I bet Coleman could do a lot of similar things in that O.

Lattimore is definitely good. Shazier was too I think.

 

But the  idea that there is just mountains of all pros coming out of OSU every year and that all we need to do is draft OSU players to win is dumb. It just is. People will disagree to get a reaction out of me or out of blind allegiance. 

OSU had their best class ever two drafts ago. There were good players in that draft  we could have taken. But to expect the same amount of production out of them on this Browns team is incorrect. To say all we need to do is draft a bunch of OSU players to win is dumb. That's it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2017 at 1:19 AM, rich4eagle said:

Ghoolie and I been posting on how to getting it for going on 20 years when is this board and Browns management EVER going to get IT

The problem is not so much that they have ignored the offensive skill positions.  (except for Ray Farmer who never wanted to draft a WR).

The problem was that they always drafted the wrong guys.   First round picks on Weeden, Quinn, Manziel. Second round pick in Kizer.  Third rounders on Fry, McCoy, Kessler.  The problem is they have done a piss poor job with the guys they did pick.   They used a first round pick on WR Coleman....mixed results.

But....don't feel bad....they have done just as piss poor of a job at the other positions:  Cam Erving OL,  Barkevious Mingo DL, Justin Gilbert DB. Hell....they have been an equal opportunity shitty drafting team.  Skill players, OL, defense.   Hell...maybe even kicker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2017 at 2:57 AM, Ghoolie said:

Hey Rich......don't be so harsh. Corey Coleman is going to wear lipstick and pantyhose tomorrow, and Hasalami has asked Godell to fine anyone who tries to cover or tackle the great wider receiver. Homosexual and Dallas Cowboy wannabe Myles Garrett will be wearing his new line of Zumba outfits. Also, the Browns new Offensive Line, which boasts the highest paid lardasses in the history of NFL OL, will be blocking us to the SB while Kizer's screen passes fly overhead and hit the sideline coaches in the nutsack.

Haven't you heard Rich?  Defense wins championships. Just ask Denver how that is working out for them. Or Dallas, with 5 1st round draft pick lardasses on their OL.

QB, WR, RB...............the three most important positions on the field.  Then you need pass rushers and ball hawks. Crowell is okay, Duke is okay, Ogbah is a histler. None of them are outstanding, none of them would start for the Steelers. In fact, nobody on our starting roster could start for Pittsburgh, INCLUDING a healthy Joe THomas.

Well, this is just ignorance.....except for the part about the skill players.   Bell, Brown, BR do make all the difference with Pitt.  With the other positions...they could all be interchangeable with the Browns players.

Because...you Ghoolie, forgot one of the most important positions:  the coach.  How good do you think the Steeelrs would be with Hue Jackson as HC?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, if only we drafted all OSU players... that would fix everything. 

 

Many are becoming All Pros? Damn, which one's? Zeke was I think. Bosa?

Heard a stat the other day. Bosa needs like 6 more sacks to become the all time sacks leader since 99 if he had been drafted by the browns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Heard a stat the other day. Bosa needs like 6 more sacks to become the all time sacks leader since 99 if he had been drafted by the browns.

Yeah, guy is great. It shows what having two very good DEs on the same line can do. We even saw flashes with Ogbah and Garrett

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2017 at 3:02 PM, rich4eagle said:

I hope Dorsey or somebody understands there is a school in the middle of Ohio that turns out high draft picks every year many becoming All Pros. Why do none of these players ever get drafted by the Browns?  I hope that somehow someway they start understanding that players who touch the ball are the most important ingredient to winning especially the QB.  There are a lot of people on the scouting staff that ends up picking bums every year. I hope they understand that no matter how good oline guys play you lose if players who touch the ball don't make plays that make line play better. The easiest thing to fix on a football team is the offensive line. The one thing that is unfixable is a lousy QB and lousy RB's. An Adrian Peterson or Ezkiel Elliott is invaluable they passed on the both. They have passed 15-20 qbs many who are or will hofers. They passed on Michael Thomas to pick Coleman. If fact they passed on so many OSU players it makes the staff look like buffoons. I hope they understand that in the current era Offense wins championships.

In 1987 the worst thing  happened to the Browns that led to 25 years of lousy teams. The Dawg Pound was created and focus went to defense and drafting oline guys. THE Cleveland Browns heritage is being an offensive juggernaut from 1946 to 1989. Then they threw the Brownie into lake Erie and quit drafting offensive studs and Ohio State players and been losing ever since.

The Dawg Pound should be replaced the Brownie should be brought back and Offense needs to be emphasized instead of an after thought. They need to transform the Dawg Pound into Touchdown Brownie!

If they keep doing the same as they have since Marty left they will get the same results. 

Why is it that guys like Rich4Eagle are relegated to writing posts on Browns chat boards instead of running things for the Browns?  Brilliant post! I do believe Dorsey is finally going to be the first GM in this long story of disaster to make a difference and move the team in the right direction.  Wholeheartedly agree we need to focus on a striking offense that takes pressure on the defense.  In the draft, yes, take a DB and maybe a safety, but focus on offense, including adding another WR and a RB to replace Crowell who will be leaving soon.   Dump Jackson.  Dorsey does deserve to pick the head coach and stupid of Haslam not to say so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, guy is great. It shows what having two very good DEs on the same line can do. We even saw flashes with Ogbah and Garrett

Yes, need a legit threat at the #2 DE.  But shouldn't a pass rush from the LBs be better even with Ogbah down?  Wonder if they might be motivated to take a pass rushing LB in round 2 of the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Heard a stat the other day. Bosa needs like 6 more sacks to become the all time sacks leader since 99 if he had been drafted by the browns.

Lots of great players coming out of OSU.   I've also been amazed over the years how the Browns miss on drafting some of the fine talent in the Mid American Conference -- Toledo, KSU, Western Michigan as examples.  Do they hire zombies for scouts???!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Send in the Clowns said:

Lots of great players coming out of OSU.   I've also been amazed over the years how the Browns miss on drafting some of the fine talent in the Mid American Conference -- Toledo, KSU, Western Michigan as examples.  Do they hire zombies for scouts???!!!

The got Cribbs from the MAC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Send in the Clowns said:

Yes, need a legit threat at the #2 DE.  But shouldn't a pass rush from the LBs be better even with Ogbah down?  Wonder if they might be motivated to take a pass rushing LB in round 2 of the draft.

We'd just turn a pass rushing LB into a DE. I didn't think we ran a 3-4 type base anymore. But most plays I'm just counting the yards for how far back our safety is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Send in the Clowns said:

Lots of great players coming out of OSU.   I've also been amazed over the years how the Browns miss on drafting some of the fine talent in the Mid American Conference -- Toledo, KSU, Western Michigan as examples.  Do they hire zombies for scouts???!!!

I mean... I would imagine most of  the great MAC players got passed up multiple times before being drafted. Let's not start blaming the browns for ever player they don't take that turns out to be great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...