THE BROWNS BOARD

Should Paul Depodesta Stay

Harry Buffalo

This is a hard question for me to ask, because I don't have a clear cut opinion one way or another, and most of that has to do with the fact I have zero clue what this guy actually does in the building. My thinking is that if his soul job was to set up the actual Analytics department and run it, depending on how much Dorsey plans on relying on it should determine if he stays. I think said department has a place in the NFL, just as long as it isn't the driving force behind all of your player acquisitions. I mean Sheet I'm sure most NFL teams use analytics to some degree or another. 

But if Depodesta was the mind behind alot of these trades, or was the one who came up with the trade for Oswieler for a 2nd round pick, I think he has a place in this front office just as a strategist. I don't think anyone would argue that we havent done a great job the past 2 years in getting value back for failed draft picks or maximizing draft capital for trade backs, or thought outside the box. If he is the reason for this, and it wasn't Sashi, then he could be a great keeper if he wants to stay. 

Does it make a difference? His pay doesn't come from the cap, it comes out of Hasalami's pocket.

Should DePo stay?

From the Browns perspective, absolutely. Very little doubt in the role the DePo led Analytics Dept. has played a role in all the positives HB mentioned plus FA signings and pegging the value of out FAs.

But from DePo's perspective? Doubtful... He should be picking out his next job this week (maybe Hockey this time?) and give notice as soon as the deal is done. Remember the quote of his someone around here has had in their sig forever? Something along the lines of:

"It's easy to make unpopular decisions when you are all in the same boat."

It became clear this week that there was more than one boat...

18 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

I don't know who is more overrated this guy or Mark Shapiro.

No kidding.... he hasn't done squat since getting OJ off. 

I suspect that is they let DePodesta go that the organization would just turn around and try to find a guy that does the same thing as he.  So, does it matter if the guy doing that job is named DePodesta or  Oscar DeMille or Pauly Shore or Dazzy Vance...they will have somebody doing what he does.

On 12/10/2017 at 12:46 PM, Tour2ma said:

Should DePo stay?

From the Browns perspective, absolutely. Very little doubt in the role the DePo led Analytics Dept. has played a role in all the positives HB mentioned plus FA signings and pegging the value of out FAs.

But from DePo's perspective? Doubtful... He should be picking out his next job this week (maybe Hockey this time?) and give notice as soon as the deal is done. Remember the quote of his someone around here has had in their sig forever? Something along the lines of:

"It's easy to make unpopular decisions when you are all in the same boat."

It became clear this week that there was more than one boat...

Now Tour- I get called out because that's essentially what I've been saying?  

I need a bike ride now to chill out- and it's 40 degrees here in Dayton...  

Archived