THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Packers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Preview of the post-game press conference with the coach:

We are doing what we need to do. We just need to do it consistently for a whole game. That's on me. We aren't looking for moral victories, we play to win. I know you get tired of hearing the same thing, I get tired of saying it. We just got to do better.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Eh I don't strongly disagree. Kizer just has to take a chance that a well covered Gordon can muscle a catch or get a flag. What he did instead just proves the number 1 pick has to be a QB.

Correct. Guy was all over him. Wouldve at least drew a PI

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Before I forget to say it, as much of a Hue hater I can be he in no way shape or form lost this game. I actually give him credit for being aggressive to win in play calling. Terrible special teams, terrible players, and most importantly terrible QB play lost the game.

It's sad that fans are still blaming head coaches when it's clear the talent is lacking in Believeland.

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

It's sad that fans are still blaming head coaches when it's clear the talent is lacking in Believeland.

Especially when we now definitively know some ofvthis talent was literally foisted on the coaches by shteating coksukking fo personnel who did some math and said hey kizer looks good on my ti-84

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Especially when we now definitively know some ofvthis talent was literally foisted on the coaches by shteating coksukking fo personnel who did some math and said hey kizer looks good on my ti-84

I want to know if Hue is good or bad but these players just seem so bad.  Mccourty looked like a rookie.  We were playing a rookie Nacua who cost a drive.  One TD there wasn't  a Brown within 15 yards of the Packer.  These guys can't tackle.  Kizer looks like a Pro Bowler one play and an undrafted rookie invite the next.  Gordon looked like the Gordon of old taking plays off and the sunglass thing is so fcking stupid for an 0-13 team.  Ugh, can we just get some depth and talent.

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, why call "Kizer throw it straight into the air." Dumb call.

The defense playing soft and giving up 3 Td drives in the final 17 minutes is on th coaches.  And letting Kizer throw on third down with 2 minutes to go was also dumb

How can ANYONE justify bringing back a head coach that is going to be 1-31?

Just now, Browns149 said:

The defense playing soft and giving up 3 Td drives in the final 17 minutes is on th coaches.  And letting Kizer throw on third down with 2 minutes to go was also dumb

A Frickin' Men

3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

When Alabama destroys Mercer do you sit back and say, "if only Mercer had a good coach".  I thought when the offense executed we moved the ball.  When the defense tackled, covered and didn't get penalized, we got off the field.

I will say that if Njoku catches that ball, then the Browns probably have their annual '1st and only' win of the season....... Games always seem to come down to 1 or 2 plays. 

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

When Alabama destroys Mercer do you sit back and say, "if only Mercer had a good coach".  I thought when the offense executed we moved the ball.  When the defense tackled, covered and didn't get penalized, we got off the field.

When Mercer goes 1-31. The coach gets fired 

3 hours ago, tinythinker said:

Preview of the post-game press conference with the coach:

We are doing what we need to do. We just need to do it consistently for a whole game. That's on me. We aren't looking for moral victories, we play to win. I know you get tired of hearing the same thing, I get tired of saying it. We just got to do better.

You forgot "the guys played hard". 

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I want to know if Hue is good or bad but these players just seem so bad.  Mccourty looked like a rookie.  We were playing a rookie Nacua who cost a drive.  One TD there wasn't  a Brown within 15 yards of the Packer.  These guys can't tackle.  Kizer looks like a Pro Bowler one play and an undrafted rookie invite the next.  Gordon looked like the Gordon of old taking plays off and the sunglass thing is so fcking stupid for an 0-13 team.  Ugh, can we just get some depth and talent.

With u 100%. Agree on coleman, wait till u win the game befire the shades come on

I couldn't watch properly the game, but a couple of thoughts after wathing the highlight reel:

- Kizer played well. The first half INT is out of field goal range in third down, with less than half a minute left for halftime, he has to try something. Maybe it wasn't the best of options, but I would focus on the 3 TD passes. He made 3. He had 6 in total coming to this game? Great shovel play to Johnson, but the best for me is the one to Gordon: good anticipation, good accuracy. The stupid pass in OT is an obvious mistake that didn't need to happen... Because we shouldn't have gone to OT. 

- We have problems in 3rd downs. Earlier in the year we could say that it was because we were many times in 3rd and long situations, but we need to get better even in 3rd and shorts. We don't run the ball well enough to get the first down in those plays that for other teams look like routine convertions. That puts the game on Kizer and our suspectful receivers' hands, and we don't wanna do that. Njoku should have catched that ball.

- Josh Gordon. I couldn't follow him throughout the game, but it would be FANTASTIC if we could make plays with him during all the game. He's a playmaker. I don't know if he's not in shape for all 4 quaters, or if they outplayed him later in the game or what. I would love to hear from your insight on this, guys.

- Defense. I wasn't expecting anything looking at this week's injury report. We lack depth. We need our starters in the field to be decent. They made a great turnover on downs I believe in 3rd Qtr, but it's desperating to lose after a 4th Qtr 14 point lead. Only thing I can assure when evaluating this D: boy we suck on screen plays. 

- Special teams. I don't know why always when a return "breaks" and the returner looks like its going to get tackled, teams can fail miserably in the freaking contain. You just need 1 or 2 guys to tackle down a guy, not 7-8 guys. It happened in the worst possible moment yesterday.

Where I live I cannot, thankfully, get the Browns on TV and I am relegated to "watching" them on ESPN or on an on-line broadcast.  Well each week (with the exception of the bye-week...oh yea they screwed that one up too) the Browns reinforces the notion that they are complete losers.  Not your everyday day luckless losers but those types that would "get hit by a c:ock if it was raining pu$$y".  I really wish they would announce that they are forfeiting the remainder of the season because the only realistic chance they have is against the Steelers if the Steelers start the third team along with some aged season ticket holders from the first row.  Forfeiting the remainder of the season would allow the starter to get a head start in resting up for next year and get mentally prepared to return to work next July or August for another attempt at NFL immortality, going 1-47 (with two back-to-back 0-16 seasons) under Hue Jackson and being part of the most failed team in NFL history.  That doesn't mean that I will not be "watching" them next week and praying to the good Lord above that they win.      

Well I'm late chiming in, here's why. My emotions got the best of me.

I was reported to security by GB Fans after I was bitching about the non call on Josh Gordon. Typical " effing bull bleep" I was ranting.

So I host a tailgate, these Subhub Packet fans join in and have fun. They turn on me, in MY stadium that I helped build with MY tax dollars. Apparently being a season ticket holder and supporting this team through the down trodden era just ain't enough, I have to sit on my hands like I'm at church.

Folks, we should have won, just like the Chargers, Lions, Vikings, and Jaguars games. I get it, we make too many mistakes, but the zebras ain't  our friends. 

A penalty is a penalty. Shouldn't matter if your 0-12 or 12-0. Too many missed calls, or  no calls at all have contributed to this crap. 

I can't wait to get my "game day experience survey," fill it out and comment. Question is, will the Browns clerical staff listen?

Go Browns. This is painful.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Well I'm late chiming in, here's why. My emotions got the best of me.

I was reported to security by GB Fans after I was bitching about the non call on Josh Gordon. Typical " effing bull bleep" I was ranting.

So I host a tailgate, these Subhub Packet fans join in and have fun. They turn on me, in MY stadium that I helped build with MY tax dollars. Apparently being a season ticket holder and supporting this team through the down trodden era just ain't enough, I have to sit on my hands like I'm at church.

Folks, we should have won, just like the Chargers, Lions, Vikings, and Jaguars games. I get it, we make too many mistakes, but the zebras ain't  our friends. 

A penalty is a penalty. Shouldn't matter if your 0-12 or 12-0. Too many missed calls, or  no calls at all have contributed to this crap. 

I can't wait to get my "game day experience survey," fill it out and comment. Question is, will the Browns clerical staff listen?

Go Browns. This is painful.

I saw that play after the fact and I have to agree a mugging is a mugging.  The Browns have been on the wrong side of plenty of blatantly wrong calls since coming back to the league.  I use to think the referees just didn't like the Browns but I believe that once the Browns get on track (I can't tell when that will be) and become a contender then the calls will change.  I can see a referees' point in that only one team last Sunday was a contender and it wasn't the Browns and that the referees are going to let them (Packers) play, even if the Packers are mugging our receivers.   

I stumbled upon this pic while surfing the inter web.

On the incomplete pass to David Njoku that forced the Browns to punt and gave the Packers another chance to tie, Seth DeValve didn't have a defender within 10 yards.

CFF27334-3F51-4738-939D-11AF806ED464.jpeg

On December 11, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Canton Dawg said:

On the incomplete pass to David Njoku that forced the Browns to punt and gave the Packers another chance to tie, Seth DeValve didn't have a defender within 10 yards.

CFF27334-3F51-4738-939D-11AF806ED464.jpeg

I blame Hue.  He should freeze time and turn on the headset in Kizer's helmet and tell him where to throw it.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:08 PM, Canton Dawg said:

I can copy my post, too.

Archived