THE BROWNS BOARD

Cut kizer after the game

Clevfan4life

15 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

1. Basically a road game at first energy so doubt anyone could hear any browns fans.

2. You keep talking about a shovel pass but the only one I seen was the 2nd of 3 TD strikes.

3. Funny I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and not only is Kiser not gonna be cut but he's 100% starting Sunday. 

4. If u honestly think the INT was worse than the Njoku dropped pass to seal the browns first victory this year than there is no hope for u. And honestly have blown any credibility u ever had. I don't know why u hate the kid so much? Maybe he plowed your girl? Maybe it's cause he's black? But it's funny when people woulda given their right arm to keep Manziel around but this kid gets absolutely no respect for his progression

Pretty much right on..for all 4 points.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Can it be learned? IMO, absolutely...

You hear it all the time from across the sports spectrum about how playoff pressure is different. About how making the turn in the final round in contention for the first time... in a major for the first time... etc.

But... and here's the catch... it can't be taught. It's about as close to pure experiential learning as anything I can think of. You can read about how to handle it... get tips from coaches, pros, etc... but until you are there in the moment with adrenaline pumping balls out, you just don't know.

Will all learn? Nah... some may adapt the first time... others the 3rd... others the 9th... others never. Is Kizer a "never"? Maybe... however, while it's too early to know that, it is also too late to count on him not being one.

I've said this was the first game I've seen definite improvement out of Kizer. But crunch time? Tony Romo anyone? 

3 hours ago, cdl15 said:

1. Basically a road game at first energy so doubt anyone could hear any browns fans.

2. You keep talking about a shovel pass but the only one I seen was the 2nd of 3 TD strikes.

3. Funny I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and not only is Kiser not gonna be cut but he's 100% starting Sunday. 

4. If u honestly think the INT was worse than the Njoku dropped pass to seal the browns first victory this year than there is no hope for u. And honestly have blown any credibility u ever had. I don't know why u hate the kid so much? Maybe he plowed your girl? Maybe it's cause he's black? But it's funny when people woulda given their right arm to keep Manziel around but this kid gets absolutely no respect for his progression

1) what?

2) Sigh, the "shovel pass" I am referring to was Weedons from years ago. That throw by Kizer at the end reminded me instantly of that panic move I saw weedon do when he had a defensive player hanging all over him. Kizer reminds me of weedon...clear enough?

3) If my mem serves me correct, njoku had the ball going to the ground and it wobbled lose at the end as he fell on it. Look I'm not happy about that, but that's a boner like what Kizer did. The fact you don't instrinsically understand this shows you know almost nothing about the sport you watch every sunday. Kizer broke a cardinal rule,  a rule that gets HS QB's benched if they break it too many times. That sandlot horsesht doesn't work in the NFL. He's been holding the ball forever all season long, how is that not registering with you? Running around behind the LOS holding the ball for 15s and you think teams are falling over themselves to nab him if we were to cut him loose? Dude pls study the game of football some. Please. 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Any poster on here who wanted the Browns to draft, and were happy when the Browns drafted Johnny Manziel should have their avatar on here permanently changed to a dunce hat with a Texas A&M logo on it. These people need to be branded for life so their opinions later can be held in its proper esteem, which should be none. :lol:

Agreed

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

1) what?

2) Sigh, the "shovel pass" I am referring to was Weedons from years ago. That throw by Kizer at the end reminded me instantly of that panic move I saw weedon do when he had a defensive player hanging all over him. Kizer reminds me of weedon...clear enough?

3) If my mem serves me correct, njoku had the ball going to the ground and it wobbled lose at the end as he fell on it. Look I'm not happy about that, but that's a boner like what Kizer did. The fact you don't instrinsically understand this shows you know almost nothing about the sport you watch every sunday. Kizer broke a cardinal rule,  a rule that gets HS QB's benched if they break it too many times. That sandlot horsesht doesn't work in the NFL. He's been holding the ball forever all season long, how is that not registering with you? Running around behind the LOS holding the ball for 15s and you think teams are falling over themselves to nab him if we were to cut him loose? Dude pls study the game of football some. Please. 

Referring to number 3. There is no way in hell that Kiser's int is worse than the njoku drop. I get it you don't like the kid but you don't need to look for a reason every game to blame every loss on the quarterback. You really don't have an understanding of team sports if you don't understand that giving a team second and third and fourth chances usually result in losses. The drop extended the game for the Packers while the interception did nothing more than give another team better field position. And remind you I'm not making an excuse for the int it was s***. But everything after the drop the punt return the touchdown the interception should have never happened it's called new life and it's a killer in football. 

A great example in baseball would be Njoku's drop would be the equivalent of dropping the third out in the ninth inning on a routine Fly ball. The interception would be walking the go ahead runner on the very next inning.

Kizer tried to win the game and it obviously didn't work.  Our defense didn't stop the Packers for the last multiple drives, so he was probably thinking that this was our only chance.  The Packers scored touchdowns effortlessly on their last two drives, how would we stop them from getting a FG?  Look, I'm not saying what he did was the RIGHT call, but Jesus...he saw Crow streaking down the field with NOBODY around him, and Higgins had three steps on his guy in the middle.  He tried to win the game, and it didn't work.  

Yeah, he totally screwed up.  Of course, he should've just thrown it to Josh and MAKE the ref have to make a decision about throwing that flag (which should've been thrown ANYWAY).  Kizer didn't mess up the call before half time, either.  That interference call goes against us EVERY SINGLE TIME.  That should've been our ball at the 2 yard line, with plenty of time to score a TD.  Kizer also didn't drop that contested throw on 3rd down, Njoku did.  Kizer wasn't on the special teams unit who failed to tackle the punt returner.  Kizer didn't miss tons of tackles that resulted in too many Packer first downs.  

He messed up in OT, and he should've made a better decision.  But he played well enough to win that game, and it's a tragedy that we didn't.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

I've said this was the first game I've seen definite improvement out of Kizer. But crunch time? Tony Romo anyone? 

Thats pretty much what I said "Tony Romo"..

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Haslam must not be seeing the improvement in Kizer.

He has instructed Dorsey to bring back a QB. The Browns would be nuts to stand pat with Kizer and not use a 1st round pick on a QB. If Dorsey is successful, Kizers days are numbered as an NFL starter.

Could you post a copy of those instructions? I'd love to see them.

Recognizing Kizer's improvement yet concluding we need to draft a QB high are not mutually exclusive thoughts.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Kizer tried to win the game and it obviously didn't work.

Bingo...

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll let you know in about 10 years...

4 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Referring to number 3. There is no way in hell that Kiser's int is worse than the njoku drop. I get it you don't like the kid but you don't need to look for a reason every game to blame every loss on the quarterback. You really don't have an understanding of team sports if you don't understand that giving a team second and third and fourth chances usually result in losses. The drop extended the game for the Packers while the interception did nothing more than give another team better field position. And remind you I'm not making an excuse for the int it was s***. But everything after the drop the punt return the touchdown the interception should have never happened it's called new life and it's a killer in football. 

A great example in baseball would be Njoku's drop would be the equivalent of dropping the third out in the ninth inning on a routine Fly ball. The interception would be walking the go ahead runner on the very next inning.

1) ive been in camp kizer all season wtf are u talking about? For weeks when people were yelling for hogan and kessler i wasnt hearing it cause playing them doesnt get us to know who kizer is and whether we have to draft a qb. But now we know, its done. 

2) im not excusing the njoku drop but u compare the two. Njoku had a a guy all over him that was reaching around ripping at the ball as he was going down. That isnt a mental "mistake", its just good play defensively and njoku wasnt strong enough to secure the ball with that dudes hands on it. Kizers mistake IS A CARDINAL SIN IN FOOTBALL THAT THEY TEACH HS KIDS NEVER TO DO. 

How are u not getting that? What is this about i dont know team sports? Ive been wanting the team to pull fans our of first energy seats and let em run some routes cause ive been so mad at our wr's drops. 

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll let you know in about 10 years...

Tour, (and this might be a little mean) with Star Wars coming to town in a few days, Kizer is a rookie that plays like a Wookie at times. :) Check out the .gif in the other thread. In the critical Njoku drop he was locked onto David, and didn't see a totally uncovered DeValve. Perfect play call, failure to execute. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tour, (and this might be a little mean) with Star Wars coming to town in a few days, Kizer is a rookie that plays like a Wookie at times. :) Check out the .gif in the other thread. In the critical Njoku drop he was locked onto David, and didn't see a totally uncovered DeValve. Perfect play call, failure to execute. 

Addressed in the other thread, h.... as you may have seen by now.

Better luck next time.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, well, name anyone here who wouldn't want to fkkk her.

Me...

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Dude,what Haslam said was huge and even bigger was the way that he said it. He was not subtle. He basically dogged every QB on the Browns roster including your improving by the week Kizer.

Instructions. Get real.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam gave new GM John Dorsey his marching orders almost from the day they first met six weeks ago: Find a quarterback, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

"That will be John's No. 1 priority,'' Haslam said during Dorsey's introductory press conference on Friday. "The Cleveland Browns are not going to be successful until we get a quarterback. We're going to do whatever it takes to find a quarterback we need to be successful.''

Kizer sucks. Wait to buy his jersey on clearance next season.

Noooooo u got it all wrong bro, its hue thats making kizer suck. Fire hue, bring in a whole new staff that implimenta brand new schemes across the boatd so we can be 31st again in all categories. Kizer will be awesome next year behind an o line readjusting to yet another blocking scheme. Cause kizer needs to be flyshed out of the pocket mire, he makes such great decisions when he's backpeddling to the left sideline

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Dude,what Haslam said was huge and even bigger was the way that he said it. He was not subtle. He basically dogged every QB on the Browns roster including your improving by the week Kizer.

Instructions. Get real.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam gave new GM John Dorsey his marching orders almost from the day they first met six weeks ago: Find a quarterback, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

"That will be John's No. 1 priority,'' Haslam said during Dorsey's introductory press conference on Friday. "The Cleveland Browns are not going to be successful until we get a quarterback. We're going to do whatever it takes to find a quarterback we need to be successful.''

Another Captain Obvious comment. 

Of course this team needs a real QB.  Despite flashes, Kizer is going to choke with the game on the line for the most part.

They will bring in a veteran, and draft a QB (or 2?)......and Kessler and Hogan will be out...and Kizer will be fighting for his job.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Another Captain Obvious comment. 

Of course this team needs a real QB.  Despite flashes, Kizer is going to choke with the game on the line for the most part.

They will bring in a veteran, and draft a QB (or 2?)......and Kessler and Hogan will be out...and Kizer will be fighting for his job.

Very good chance you are right about all that.

18 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Instructions. Get real.

One... thanks for posting the quote.

Two... as I said in my post that you quoted: "Recognizing Kizer's improvement yet concluding we need to draft a QB high are not mutually exclusive thoughts." At least they are not in an average sized brain...

Kizer will remain a part of the "2018: Whatever It Takes" QB effort.

Archived