THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue vs Pettine

LondonBrown

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If Pettine had the roster, no, I do not believe we would be as bad as we are now.   That is not to say he was a good coach...he just wasn't as bad, seemingly, as what we have now.

Just remember, he would be the HC and everything will be the samd.  DC, FO and all.  Oh well, I guess we'll never know.

7 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Just remember, he would be the HC and everything will be the samd.  DC, FO and all.  Oh well, I guess we'll never know.

Except....Pettine never insisted on being his own OC or DC.   That is a fair amount of Hue's problem.

Now...Pettine may have been better if he HAD taken over DC duties from the horrible O'Neill.......maybe.

In 2014 Pet was tacitly our DC including calling the D. He handed off to O'Neil in 2015 to spend time with the O after Young Shanny jumped ship.

3 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

I can't disagree, but can you truly say if he took over our 2017 roster, he wouldn't be 0-16 or 1-15?

Yes... with his 2014 staff in place, especially Kyle Shanahan, I can absolutely see 3 wins this season. With his 2015 staff? More along the lines of your 1-15.

Kyle's moving pocket, PAP game with heavy TE emphasis was run very well by Hoyer until he self-destructed. Both Kess and Hogan would have fit that O pretty well... probably well enough where we would just be starting to see Kizer at this point in the season.

If we penciled in this past Sunday as Kizer's first start, then how much different would his narrative be?

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Except....Pettine never insisted on being his own OC or DC.   That is a fair amount of Hue's problem.

Now...Pettine may have been better if he HAD taken over DC duties from the horrible O'Neill.......maybe.

So they were kind of in the same boat.  Pettine should've taken over the DC duties, which i agree, but didn't.  And Hue didn't hire someone for OC duties, which i also agree.  Both coaches did/didn't do something that they should've.  

11 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

So they were kind of in the same boat.  Pettine should've taken over the DC duties, which i agree, but didn't.  And Hue didn't hire someone for OC duties, which i also agree.  Both coaches did/didn't do something that they should've.  

So...we can agree that they both suffered from a bad case of  suckotage.....and could have perhaps applied a remedy to their afflictions? 

If Hue stays, I think he will be placed in a forced sterilization unit.

Can you also compare Cow Schidt to Hue. Hue has one more win than Cow Schidt. I can see why Hasalami wants to kee Hue for another year.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:58 PM, Tour2ma said:

I think he definitely has faded physically in his two games so far, but even fresh he hasn't shown any 50/50 ball proficiency, let alone the dominance of WRs like Dez Bryant.

I'm to the point now where I am trying hard to remember this ever being part of his game... and so far I'm coming up empty.

Interesting comment...

My gut is telling me that Pet would have taken our 2017 roster over either of the ones he saw... and that's even considering the 4-3 bias of our rostered front 7 players... which once you stand up Garrett in the role formerly known as Kruger, isn't all that biased...

If he was guaranteed 2018, sure. Otherwise, no way. 

Archived