THE BROWNS BOARD

Prediction- Gordon Gone by next year

ahitz3

I don't post too often on this board but I read it everyday. Today I am saying what came into my mind after last nights game. It is that I'm hoping none of us get hooked back into the Josh Gordon train. I think he will be shopped. 

Reason 1- he still takes plays off- especially in the 2nd half yesterday. Hopefully it's because he hasn't played in a while but I'm still sensing immaturity.

Reason 2- His immaturity that I sensed came out later on twitter when he posted a comment about the corner not being able to hold his jockstrap. While this may be true- it is not something he should be doing ALREADY. Plus we lost the f ing game. Shows that he is still all about himself ergo the immaturity factor again. 

I think he either wants out and will do what it takes, or his immaturity factor will have him traded out of this no nonsense GMs game plan. 

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, ahitz3 said:

I don't post too often on this board but I read it everyday. Today I am saying what came into my mind after last nights game. It is that I'm hoping none of us get hooked back into the Josh Gordon train. I think he will be shopped. 

Reason 1- he still takes plays off- especially in the 2nd half yesterday. Hopefully it's because he hasn't played in a while but I'm still sensing immaturity.

Reason 2- His immaturity that I sensed came out later on twitter when he posted a comment about the corner not being able to hold his jockstrap. While this may be true- it is not something he should be doing ALREADY. Plus we lost the f ing game. Shows that he is still all about himself ergo the immaturity factor again. 

I think he either wants out and will do what it takes, or his immaturity factor will have him traded out of this no nonsense GMs game plan. 

Thoughts?

All depends if he behaves in the off season.  He'll only get traded for the right price. He's still (relatively) cheap next year.  RFA -from what we've seen in his two games, I put the first round tender on him. Costs us $4 million to keep him, or we get another 1st round pick in the 2018 draft. 

3 hours ago, ahitz3 said:

Thoughts?

I think we keep him because he's still relatively cheap (as Hoorta pointed out above) but I don't disagree with your assessment of him.    There was the one pass that Kizer made a great touch throw that dropped right in to Gordon's arms and he tried to one hand it and it went incomplete.   Now some in the tavern were saying his arm was being held...but a truly great receiver fights through that and makes the catch.  

I wouldn't count on him long term because I just don't trust him so if the right offer came along, I'd trade him tomorrow.

His arm got way hooked on that throw. And he saw it late, timing issue. That being said if he's still loafing cut him after the next game if it doesnt stop. 

Dustin fox talked about this years ago when hoyer was still here. Josh gordon gives the play away almost every down. Safeties read his enthusiasm level off the snap and they know right away if the play is going toward him. That analysis was done by a former db in Fox, so it isnt bullsht. If he's still doing this it doesnt matter what his physical gifts are

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Gordon is the absolute best player on our team, by a lot. 

The DBs out there couldn't cover him, they grabbed, tripped, groped and held on to him for dear life for 4 quarters yesterday. A man amongst boys. Of course Green Bay was going to get all the calls because the NFL wants them to stay relevant in the playoff hunt with Rodgers coming back.

Gordon will get a contract extension if anything. Pay the man. 

10 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

His arm got way hooked on that throw. And he saw it late, timing issue. That being said if he's still loafing cut him after the next game if it doesnt stop. 

He's not getting cut.  Just stop it.

28 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Now you know how everyone else feels whenever you start talking about Hogan :lol:

Kizer actually did really good out there until the end, the best I've seen from him.

Almost made me eat my words that we couldn't ever win with him starting at QB.

I was so certain that I was going to eat crow for saying that. 

It's my hope is that Hogan can be as good as Garoppolo. 

Apparently he's one play away from getting back into the game. He was the backup yesterday.

I like that he's not given up, keeps on fighting to prove himself. Maybe that Hogan to Gordon vision will still happen.

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

I agree.  He's gone.  It's only a matter of time before he gets himself suspended.

That's the feeling I got when he came off the field and put on those dark glasses. 

Browns channel Miami's 'turnover chain' with new 'touchdown shades'

by Dane Belbeck 1d ago
cropped_gordon.jpg?ts=1512944576

Twitter/MattFranchise

Miami was the talk of college football for a large portion of the season thanks to the genius idea of the "turnover chain."

Whenever a Hurricanes defender forced a turnover, he would joyously run to the sidelines to have a coach place a gold chain around his neck to wear proudly until they took to the field again.

It appears Josh Gordon's return to the Cleveland Browns lineup has sparked an NFL version of the "turnover chain" in the form of "touchdown shades."

After Gordon's first-quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, the former Baylor star donned a pair of sunglasses to wear on the sidelines.

The move wasn't exclusive to Gordon as Corey Coleman donned the shades as well after his touchdown later in the game.

The Browns would eventually lose in overtime, but the dynamic duo of Gordon and Coleman makes the future a little brighter in Cleveland.

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Gordon is the absolute best player on our team, by a lot. 

The DBs out there couldn't cover him, they grabbed, tripped, groped and held on to him for dear life for 4 quarters yesterday. A man amongst boys. Of course Green Bay was going to get all the calls because the NFL wants them to stay relevant in the playoff hunt with Rodgers coming back.

Exactly!!! If he's taking plays off it's because his out of shape, which is understandable since his been gone for two years. His BY FAR the best player on this $hitty team and it's not even. Sometimes I ponder what level of education the average poster has on this board.

19 hours ago, ahitz3 said:

Thoughts?

We have a no nonsense GM?

On Josh...

The one thing I have not seen mentioned about him in Sunday's game was the life he brought to the sideline. Granted that it was easy given the building lead through three quarters, but the joy he showed and spread among at least our receiving corps was palpable after his score... after Corey's... after Duke's... even after Devalve's wrist catch.

I don't recall him being "this guy" before...

57 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

All of us know that Gordon has a natural talent that few players have.  However, his drug taking and alcohol abuse have been ongoing for years.  I highly doubt he will make it through the off season without another incident.  Hope I'm wrong.

Well I got news for you.. I have a friend who was a worse addict than Gordon ever was.. Hes now been sober for 20 years... So you can all stick that in your pipe.. and smoke it!

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Gordon was gassed in the second half because he should have been on a play count.. watch the cut-ups of all his plays, he was getting no explosion/separation after halftime.

Two games in a row...

While an WR who might be sent in to give him a blow (no pun intended), may not be better than a gassed JG, we can always go to mutilple TEs or 2-back sets.

10 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

All of us know that Gordon has a natural talent that few players have.  However, his drug taking and alcohol abuse have been ongoing for years.  I highly doubt he will make it through the off season without another incident.  Hope I'm wrong.

There's a chance you are wrong. I had a lot of people saying that about me when I hit rehab at 28 years old. I'm 55 now and have been clean and sober since then. I'm sure hoping Josh is as blessed as I've been. 

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Is next year his contract year? And then can we franchise him? Unless we have the quarterback in place and he's a free agent he has to be thinking the odds of super success would be less with a rookie or bad quarterback then it would be with a team with a good one.

WSS

He's a restricted FA Steve. We could redo his contract, or slap a first round tender on him. First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.

Works out to around $4 million. Another team could bid higher but considering Josh's history, doubtful.

Yes, we can franchise him but har, har that a cool $15 million. Julio Jones money. gotta prove he can stay straight before he's getting that kind of cash. 

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

... gotta prove he can stay straight before he's getting that kind of cash. 

How long does that take? Josh would have about 18 months under his belt before he'd hit tag timing.

Then I'd have to ask, why? While the one-year tag salary is guaranteed, I do not think the guarantee includes suspensions for any cause.

Then there's the three tag choices to consider.... but save that for another time... ;)

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Two games in a row...

While an WR who might be sent in to give him a blow (no pun intended), may not be better than a gassed JG, we can always go to mutilple TEs or 2-back sets.

Wait a minute............wait a minute.......   are you saying Hue should actually think through a gameplan in advance that would actually do something like that?:rolleyes: 

Would it include timely and purposeful TO's too? :lol:

On 12/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, PoeticG said:

I'll agree with the bold there were some pretty bad calls, and no calls- and they all went against the Browns. Shades of WWF.  Head butt call, but the Green Bay guy shoves the refs- that one is OK. I agree Gordon was getting held all game, Tour pointed out Njoku got discreetly grabbed on that drop that the refs missed. There were plenty of others. 

On 12/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, PoeticG said:

Dumber than that guy on here that said Hogan is the future even after he started and shi t the bed?

On 12/11/2017 at 7:51 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Dustin fox talked about this years ago when hoyer was still here. Josh gordon gives the play away almost every down. Safeties read his enthusiasm level off the snap and they know right away if the play is going toward him. That analysis was done by a former db in Fox, so it isnt bullsht. If he's still doing this it doesnt matter what his physical gifts are

Yeah- I guess I'm just not putting trust back into a guy that, to me, on Sunday didn't show that he humbled himself much- and then later on twitter. 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:31 AM, WarriorsRpussies said:

Exactly!!! If he's taking plays off it's because his out of shape, which is understandable since his been gone for two years. His BY FAR the best player on this $hitty team and it's not even. Sometimes I ponder what level of education the average poster has on this board.

Master's Degree in Education for me- in fact let me teach you what I just was teaching my 3rd graders this week. It was fact vs opinion, in which my OPINION here  is that he will not be around much longer, on this team.  He has also taken off plays in the past when he actually was able to get on the field. I don't trust the guy but believe me I'm hoping he makes me look uneducated and flat out wrong! 

Archived