THE BROWNS BOARD

New Roster Additions

BrownsFan4Evr

what this means is...

sashi was too arrogant to listen to the coaches. Now, they have a GM who listens. Excellent improvement.

Just wait and see the difference next year during the draft.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

what this means is...

sashi was too arrogant to listen to the coaches. Now, they have a GM who listens. Excellent improvement.

Just wait and see the difference next year during the draft.

Is that the Infowars Sports take?

What it means is our new GM is churning the bottom of the roster and putting his thumb prints on it... likely against the advice of the FO apparatus.

All the additions are from 2015 or earlier... back when Dorsey had a job... guys he looked at then and obviously liked better than those he released.

Maybe they are good moves... maybe not, but there's no reason to disparage Sashi.

They are possibly guys that have been around a bit....and who have some experience at playing special teams.  One of the possible explanations for why the Browns are so poor on special teams this year is because they were just so young.  Even on special teams a little bit of veteran help is necessary.

After seeing the Browns lose the game Sunday on that punt return, Dorsey may have decided to bring in a few guys who could play there.

"Edwards is 6-4, 271 pounds and in his fifth NFL season out of Louisiana State. Originally selected by Tennessee in the fifth round of the 2013 draft, Edwards has appeared in 22 games with one start. He has recorded 21 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed. He has appeared in in games with Tennessee (2013), Dallas (2014), Chicago (2015), Carolina (2016) and Indianapolis (2016). He is a native of New Orleans, La. He will wear No. 92."

thats the guy we brought up for depth at DE?

22 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.

I know nutt-thing...but Santa  made Rock’em Sock’em Robots in Bosa Red & Karter Schultz Northern Iowa Blue..make sure you ask him for one

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

"Edwards is 6-4, 271 pounds and in his fifth NFL season out of Louisiana State. Originally selected by Tennessee in the fifth round of the 2013 draft, Edwards has appeared in 22 games with one start. He has recorded 21 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed. He has appeared in in games with Tennessee (2013), Dallas (2014), Chicago (2015), Carolina (2016) and Indianapolis (2016). He is a native of New Orleans, La. He will wear No. 92."

thats the guy we brought up for depth at DE?

Who calls it Louisiana State? I bet a woman wrote that article.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Lots of people call it that...because that is what it is.   What would you call it?

LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.

42 minutes ago, wargograw said:

LSU like everyone else on planet earth. I remember during the national championship a decade ago the scoreboard on ABC listed "Ohio State" and "LSU" and I found it interesting they wouldn't be consistent with both.

They didn't know how to spell Lousyanna.:D

On 12/13/2017 at 6:22 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Im almost positive now williams had a personal issue with schult or there was something lockeroom centered why they havent brought him back. Guarantee he's better than this edwards guy who's 5 years in but has only made one start.

Wrong...Williams told Schult they would bring him back if a spot opened up. He loved Karters motor and work ethic. Mystery to many...he has a workout with the Chiefs coming up. GM's are so hung up on prototypical size now days its crazy. Even though he is basically the same size as Everson Griffen from the Vikings.

17 hours ago, wargograw said:

It is more often called LSU, sure.   But it is also often called Louisiana State.  Because that is what it is.  Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU. 

When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of?  Ohio State.

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is more often called LSU, sure.   But it is also often called Louisiana State.  Because that is what it is.  Ohio State is often referred to as just OSU. 

When anyone in the country outside of Oregon or Oklahoma hears OSU...what do they think of?  Ohio State.

I thought OSU was only Ohio State, indeed. 

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

There is Oklahoma State, and Oregon State.    And in theory these are major programs in P5 conferences.  And maybe that is why you hear "Ohio State" more often than  "Louisiana State".    

It is simply a matter of the fact there there are no other states in the US that begin with the letter L.  

E.g.  If someone says  "MSU"  there could be a lot of confusion.  Because Michigan State and Mississippi State are both fairly even programs. (there is also a Missouri State....but that program plays on a much lower level). 

But, with the "Os"    Ohio State is by far the dominant program....and nearly everyone would think of them when you say OSU...as opposed to the other two "OSUs"

On 12/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, Tour2ma said:

Is that the Infowars Sports take?

What it means is our new GM is churning the bottom of the roster and putting his thumb prints on it... likely against the advice of the FO apparatus.

All the additions are from 2015 or earlier... back when Dorsey had a job... guys he looked at then and obviously liked better than those he released.

Maybe they are good moves... maybe not, but there's no reason to disparage Sashi.

I like infowars. Agreed, no reason to kick Sashi while he's down, but screw what the FO thinks. As Gip posted in another thread, other non-performers (brought in by the analytics guys) are next out the door, like Lewis and Higgins. Yeah, they thought they had a chance of getting another Antonio Brown in the fourth round...   

Sure looks like the football guys were being ignored. Care to explain away why Britt was the first dud out the door after Sashi? Don't know about you- Dorsey visited the  locker room after the GB loss. apparently he saw something. Hue "the walking press leak" has already inferred it's a lot easier to talk with Dorsey about football stuff than Sashi. MHO Brown stonewalled Hue when the coach said I want this guy out of here, I don't care what you think of him. Sashi major flaw = "I'm never wrong". Nah Tour it was all that consensus process. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There is Oklahoma State, and Oregon State.    And in theory these are major programs in P5 conferences.  And maybe that is why you hear "Ohio State" more often than  "Louisiana State".    

It is simply a matter of the fact there there are no other states in the US that begin with the letter L.  

E.g.  If someone says  "MSU"  there could be a lot of confusion.  Because Michigan State and Mississippi State are both fairly even programs. (there is also a Missouri State....but that program plays on a much lower level). 

But, with the "Os"    Ohio State is by far the dominant program....and nearly everyone would think of them when you say OSU...as opposed to the other two "OSUs"

Unless you live in Oregon...  :)   

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Unless you live in Oregon...  :)   

Or Oklahoma.   That is what I said above.

Or perhaps, as you may know,  Oklahoma State was once called Oklahoma A&M.  I think they changed in the late 50s.  Prior to that however, they won a couple of national Championships in basketball as Oklahoma A&M....when Hank Iba was their coach.

Beyond that, there are still a few "A&M" schools out there besides Texas A&M.   There is also Alabama A&M,  Florida A&M, Prairie View A&M.

....and get this...the school we have been talking about, LSU....is actually fully and officially called Louisiana State and Agricultural and Mechanical College:

Louisiana State University (officially Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, commonly referred to as LSU) is a public coeducational universitylocated in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.[7] The university was founded in 1853 in what is now known as Pineville, Louisiana, under the name Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy. The current LSU main campus was dedicated in 1926, consists of more than 250 buildings constructed in the style of Italian Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, and occupies a 650-acre (2.6 km²) plateau on the banks of the Mississippi River.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sure looks like the football guys were being ignored. Care to explain away why Britt was the first dud out the door after Sashi?

Nah... it'd be a waste of time.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I’d say that’s conjecture at best. I was born in South Carolina, lived the south my entire life, raised by a family of Ohioans and still think Oklahoma State is OSU.

They both own the trademark jointly, so technically they both are OSU....but I don’t think many people outside Ohio think it’s really OSU. 

I also just asked the Ohio State alum I work with, who told me that nobody really calls it that anymore under the age of like 40. 

It seems like more of a generational thing than a regional.

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Define "often." I can think of basically no other examples than the one you cited (which I am again assuming was done by a woman and/or someone new to the game), and maybe the diplomas they give away and other official academic items.

11 hours ago, Nero said:

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

THE Ohio State University is rarely referred to as "OSU".

OSU = Ohlahoma State University

Obviously around here OSU refers to Oklahoma. Didn't know it was that way elsewhere too. I assumed there was no standard "OSU." I'm going to venture to guess that folks in California and Massachusetts and Utah and Georgia don't assume OSU refers to Ohio State. So yeah, Gipper's wrong again.

But nevertheless, the larger point was no one calls LSU Louisiana State, and Gipper arguing it is just his contrarianism, and not any actual pursuit of the truth.

Google "Louisiana State." The LSU website and its Wikipedia comes up. Outside of that everything on the first page is related to the state generally, not the school. 

Type in Ohio State and it gives you a snapshot of the football team's schedule and results, Ohio State football news, and EVERY LISTING on the first page is related to the university.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Here in NE Ohio, OSU is used very often both print and spoken. As far as LSU? We just call them inbred.😁

After perusing the political board, I'm beginning to think inbred also refers to OSU fans.:P

Archived