THE BROWNS BOARD

2018=2011 but no Newt?

The Gipper

Could it be possible that the entire QB draft class for this coming draft could be completely overrated?

I can see this class being on the order of the 2011 class.....except without a Cam Newton at the top.

That year you had the likes of Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallet,  Ricki Stanzi, and TJ Yates.

Could this crew be about the same...except without the Newt?   One or two guys become middle of the Road.....and the rest suck swamp water?

I can foresee this.  Just because teams are desperate and draft a lot of QBs high....as occurred in 2011, don't mean that they will be anything but shite when it comes to actually being able to play in the NFL.

Here we go.............. Each and every year Browns faithful begin the march for trading down and not taking a quarterback. Ben would never make it because he played for a small school, Same with Wenz, Goff was no good....on and on it goes................. Browns fans waiting in the cesspool of 0 - 16 for that magice, guaranteed QB who we can get without any risk.

Eough of this horseschidt already. How many fukcing QBs do you want to pass on? Why don't we just draft an offensive lineman and let him play QB? After all, aren't OL the most important and talented athletes on the field? Why not just draft all offensive linemen?

News Flash. The Browns don't have a QB. The most important position in the NFL. The draft is full of young QB talent and no matter who is drafted, there are no guarantees. Until you roll the dice, or pull the slot machine lever, there is no winning. THe Browns need to draft as many QBs as it takes to find the right one.

13 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Here we go.............. Each and every year Browns faithful begin the march for trading down and not taking a quarterback. Ben would never make it because he played for a small school, Same with Wenz, Goff was no good....on and on it goes................. Browns fans waiting in the cesspool of 0 - 16 for that magice, guaranteed QB who we can get without any risk.

Eough of this horseschidt already. How many fukcing QBs do you want to pass on? Why don't we just draft an offensive lineman and let him play QB? After all, aren't OL the most important and talented athletes on the field? Why not just draft all offensive linemen?

News Flash. The Browns don't have a QB. The most important position in the NFL. The draft is full of young QB talent and no matter who is drafted, there are no guarantees. Until you roll the dice, or pull the slot machine lever, there is no winning. THe Browns need to draft as many QBs as it takes to find the right one.

Your reply is completely non responsive.....and feckless pretty much.  Yea, the Browns don't have a QB.  No Shite Sherlock.  What fkking incredible insight you have....NOT.

And you are begging the question...... WHO would YOU roll the dice on here?  Pull the slot machine on. 

IT's time certain bashers of all things put up their OWN MOCK DRAFT. man up and let us know who YOU would draft NOW, instead

of waiting til later during next season.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Your reply is completely non responsive.....and feckless pretty much.  Yea, the Browns don't have a QB.  No Shite Sherlock.  What fkking incredible insight you have....NOT.

And you are begging the question...... WHO would YOU roll the dice on here?  Pull the slot machine on. 

LOL, There's at least 4 guys in this draft I would rate ahead of Paxton Lynch...   We'll be able to give Ghoolie unlimited crap if the Broncos (and I fully expect they will) draft a QB in the first round. Means they think Paxo- is bust-o. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

IT's time certain bashers of all things put up their OWN MOCK DRAFT. man up and let us know who YOU would draft NOW, instead

of waiting til later during next season.

Too early yet Cal, (know you were talking about Tom) and I don't do mocks anyway. Mental masturbation. Really only looking at QBs I'd take high.  I have Rosen 1A and Mayfield 1B. (McShay has Baker in the first round now, and look for him to rise top 10 if the Sooners win the National Title) Darnold if he comes out. Haven't seen enough of Rudolph to form an opinion. I'm with Ag- nyet ot Allen, though McShay has him going in the first round. Not a Lamar Jackson fan either. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Could this crew be about the same...except without the Newt?   One or two guys become middle of the Road.....and the rest suck swamp water?

No and no...

I guess any draft could turn out to be a dud, but this one doesn’t feel like 2011 to me. While there were questions about Cam being able to play in an NFL offense, he had the tools to be a franchise guy.  everyone else in the first round was a need-based reach. Even at the time of the 2011 draft, it seemed that not a lot of evaluators in the media felt there were any safe QB picks, but instead resigned to the fact that teams needed QBs so QBs would come off the board (just like every year). 

This year there are 2 prospects in Rosen and Darnold who have what it takes to be franchise guys (according to the media fwiw).  While no player is a truly safe pick, both guys are in line with what is expected of highly drafted QBs as opposed to Blaine gabbert and Christian Ponder. 

Ill take it a step further and say that Rosen and Darnold are both perceived to be better prospects than Newton was at the time of the 2011 draft IIRC. 

Edit: last year felt more like 2011, lots of question marks, no real grand slam qb prospect. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Pay attention Alzhiemer boy. I already said several times, take the kid from Oklahoma. The rest are Sheet.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, There's at least 4 guys in this draft I would rate ahead of Paxton Lynch...   We'll be able to give Ghoolie unlimited crap if the Broncos (and I fully expect they will) draft a QB in the first round. Means they think Paxo- is bust-o. 

Too early yet Cal, (know you were talking about Tom) and I don't do mocks anyway. Mental masturbation. Really only looking at QBs I'd take high.  I have Rosen 1A and Mayfield 1B. (McShay has Baker in the first round now, and look for him to rise top 10 if the Sooners win the National Title) Darnold if he comes out. Haven't seen enough of Rudolph to form an opinion. I'm with Ag- nyet ot Allen, though McShay has him going in the first round. Not a Lamar Jackson fan either. 

Larry, your "rating" of rookies blows. Who cares who you would rate ahead of who? Lynch is really under your skin, isn't he? Whatever Denver does, it has no bearing on the Browns. They should have taken Lynch, the guy has skills, Just because he is injured and not entering the league according to YOUR timeline doesn't mean schidt. The guy was named the starter, he got injured. His story is not played out.

HOWEVER................ the homosexual, pee-pee kissing Zumba instructor you told me ALL THE EXPERTS we right about............... is a FAR BIGGER story than Lynch. You would have to be blind to not see that Garrett the cowgirl was not only a total waste of a #1 #1, but his fragile bones will have him retired and back to Zumba before his 23'd birthday. Dude, if you want to talk aboud horrible, embarassing, epic, Mike Phipps level busts............. look no further than Garrett.

Also............isn't it amazing that the Browns have not lost a step since phony Joe Thomas got injured? You don't hear Dieken lamenting about how much the Browns are missing him, do you? In fact, this fahker is SOOOOOOOOO good that NOBODY ANYWHERE is talking about him. Joe Thomas.......another Phipps type waste of a high draft pick.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, your "rating" of rookies blows. Who cares who you would rate ahead of who? Lynch is really under your skin, isn't he? Whatever Denver does, it has no bearing on the Browns. They should have taken Lynch, the guy has skills, Just because he is injured and not entering the league according to YOUR timeline doesn't mean schidt. The guy was named the starter, he got injured. His story is not played out.

HOWEVER................ the homosexual, pee-pee kissing Zumba instructor you told me ALL THE EXPERTS we right about............... is a FAR BIGGER story than Lynch. You would have to be blind to not see that Garrett the cowgirl was not only a total waste of a #1 #1, but his fragile bones will have him retired and back to Zumba before his 23'd birthday. Dude, if you want to talk aboud horrible, embarassing, epic, Mike Phipps level busts............. look no further than Garrett.

Also............isn't it amazing that the Browns have not lost a step since phony Joe Thomas got injured? You don't hear Dieken lamenting about how much the Browns are missing him, do you? In fact, this fahker is SOOOOOOOOO good that NOBODY ANYWHERE is talking about him. Joe Thomas.......another Phipps type waste of a high draft pick.

As per usual- you just want to defect the topic onto something else that you screwed up on. Lynch suks hahahaha....  Typical Ghoolie BS own it goober... 

Aw gee, Lynch is all owie. Excuses- he sucks. I am so glad we never drafted that bum. Osweiler II. If you're gonna rag on Garrett, get ready for some serious crap when Lynch busts. He's 1\2 way there already. If you ever bother to read some of the stuff on the Denver Post- you'll find out how much (NOT) they're loving Paxton.  BTW, Zumba instructor is playing on one leg too, if you're going to pull out the "injured" BS. . 

I am trusting John Dorsey this next draft to lead the way in getting the QB(s) best for the Browns. We finally have a GM with a good & extensive track record of success. First time since the Browns have been back. Personally, I would like to see us come up with Alex Smith & let Josh Rosen learn behind him for 2-3 years, but what the hell do I know?

Mike

19 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I am trusting John Dorsey this next draft to lead the way in getting the QB(s) best for the Browns. We finally have a GM with a good & extensive track record of success. First time since the Browns have been back. Personally, I would like to see us come up with Alex Smith & let Josh Rosen learn behind him for 2-3 years, but what the hell do I know?

Mike

If we have Alex Smith, Rosen and Kizer next year it would be great. I haven't seen all the prospects but I loved what I watched of him. Alex Smith is not only a reliable starter, he's also a serious guy who hasn't made a lot of noise both with Kaepernick in SF and with Mahomes in KC. 

He is not fireworks, but makes few mistakes and it would be a huge upgrade to our offense.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Technically, the jury is still out on Lynch. Hes been injured all season and has not played until a couple of weeks ago. His 2nd game of 2017 is this Thursday vs Indy. 

Bingo. These guy all have the red butt because my predictions about this season and about sissy gowgile, Zumba instructor Garrett came to be. The only way for them to save face is to harp on my support of Lynch.

SO as you pointed out, the jury is still out on Lynch. He wasn't traded away, he was given the starting job because Semian (sp) stinks. Paxton hasn't shown much yet, but his play has been limited and he is injured, as you pointed out,.there is simply no judgement on him yet. The jury is out. He DOES have a win as a starter, someting Kizer has not even smelled.

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Your list is a copulation of the NFL $hitbum QBs with the exception of Dalton. You are advocating not taking a QB high in the draft because only a couple are going to be "middle of the road"

Basically this infers that you play it safe and trade down and let a vagina-less team make the bold selection on a QB.

I am saying no such thing.  I am just speculating on the quality of this class.  No, I think the Browns should and will take a QB #1....but who? All I am saying is that there is no sure thing here, and the potentially they may be on the order of the Ponders, Lockers, Gabberts etc. that were taken in 2011.

Yes, the Browns do have to take a chance....but, again, all I am saying is don't be surprised if this is more 2011 than 2004.

Besides that....why do you make an exception for Dalton as not being part of the NFL Shitebum QB class?

16 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Personally, I would like to see us come up with Alex Smith & let Josh Rosen learn behind him for 2-3 years, but what the hell do I know?

Clearly you know a great deal... ;)

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And again...you have no freeking clue either way.

Or...are you saying it will be worse than that?   Maybe like the 2002 draft:  David Carr, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey. Josh McCown, David Garrard.

Yes, I do, and no, I'm not.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Bingo. These guy all have the red butt because my predictions about this season and about sissy gowgile, Zumba instructor Garrett came to be. The only way for them to save face is to harp on my support of Lynch.

SO as you pointed out, the jury is still out on Lynch. He wasn't traded away, he was given the starting job because Semian (sp) stinks. Paxton hasn't shown much yet, but his play has been limited and he is injured, as you pointed out,.there is simply no judgement on him yet. The jury is out. He DOES have a win as a starter, someting Kizer has not even smelled.

Nobody cares if you supported Lynch or not.  No one looks to you for wisdom on player personell.  No one cares.  We only care about who the Browns DO select....not who you or me or the Man in the Moon thinks they should have taken.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Nobody cares if you supported Lynch or not.  No one looks to you for wisdom on player personell.  No one cares.  We only care about who the Browns DO select....not who you or me or the Man in the Moon thinks they should have taken.

Yes, nobody cares, yet nobody on this board gets more replies than me. Carry on with your fantasy. You and Zomblow should start a club. TBBCJ  The Browns Board Circle Jerkers.

46 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes, nobody cares, yet nobody on this board gets more replies than me. Carry on with your fantasy. You and Zomblow should start a club. TBBCJ  The Browns Board Circle Jerkers.

I think Tour or myself get a lot more replies than you do.  I don't know whether that sort of thing can actually be computed. You just thinkkkkkkkkkkkk and hope that everyone is paying attention to you....because you pay so much attention to yourself.  They are not.

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think Tour or myself get a lot more replies than you do.  I don't know whether that sort of thing can actually be computed. You just thinkkkkkkkkkkkk and hope that everyone is paying attention to you....because you pay so much attention to yourself.  They are not.

In response to the Gipper...................;)

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Your china doll has played 4 games in two years. Hurt again. Didn't play against the Colts. 

Jury is still out on Garrett, he's been playing injured all year too. 

Archived