THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey lays it out there.....

Tacosman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21768467/cleveland-browns-general-manager-john-dorsey-predecessor-sashi-brown-get-real-players

jesus don't hold back huh....

Dorsey will have a chance to draft a 'real' player with either Darnold or Rosen.  His ability to make the right pick there will go a long way towards his success.....

he also has a chance to draft guys who fit the culture of the locker room. Britt was easy, and yes, it's fact - sashi didn't get players who were FOOTBALL players all too often. Good think he wasn't entirely responsible for draft picks. I'm more excited about draft only because of Dorsey. Hue's daughter was upset about the moves that didn't help the Browns be able to win...   The other mistake sashi made was getting rid of veteran leadership at certain positions. And keeping Britt on the roster -seriously, sashi? after all that contract, he stays to continue to show he couldn't give a rats arse about playing football?

sashi brown just didn't know what he was doing - it showed in serveral ways.

And just because alllllll the pundits have darnold and rosen at the top of the heap - they didn't the same thing with ryan leaf. As much as I was a huge Wentz fan, I wasn't a big fan of Goff. But I would draft Goff if my team needed a qb, whereas I would not be drafting rosen. Darnold is kinda of iffy with me - I reckon I started Camp Allen - we'll see how it all goes later on.

Dirseys getting railed for this but, cmon...he aint wrong. Rspecially on the offense. I think the defense with everyone healthy has talent, may need an addition to the secondary and hopefully a veteran DE. But offensively our qb's, our wr's....holy jesus fuk. I see people talking about getting pryor next year and moving coleman to the slot like thats gonna fix sht. Have u all already forgotten that sure 6 he let go through his hands 2-3 weeks ago? Dropped a perfect pass in the endzone. 

Overview

X joined the Cowboys after a stint playing professional baseball in the minor leagues, and Oklahoma State fans have been pleased that he elected to play college football. X has been the signal caller for one of the country's most efficient offenses. He is a poised, effective thrower who has great pocket presence and makes quick decisions with the ball that keep the chains moving. He rarely throws interceptions despite the high number of attempts in his scheme, and he could go as high as the second round.

Analysis

Strengths

X has an NFL-quality frame that allows him to look over the offensive line and deliver his throws without a hitch. His quick release is his strongest asset, as he consistently gets the ball out with a compact throwing motion and strong delivery. The ball zips off his arm and he has the ability to fit it in any tight space with great velocity. He is "all of the above" in terms of being a mature, poised leader. He is an accurate passer both short and long, and he has that gunslinger mentality to go for the deep ball and give his receivers a chance. He understands route progressions and throwing the ball to where his guy can make a play.

Weaknesses

Despite his baseball background, X is only an average athlete and is very limited when scrambling. He has a tough time getting outside the pocket, and his accuracy and touch decrease immensely when he scrambles. He seems to grasp route concepts and looks for his second option, but he will hold the ball for extended periods of times and could be a product of his quick-read offensive scheme.

know who this guy is? he had AWESOME stats....

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brandon-weeden?id=2532970

I look for far more than stats. I look for a qb that inspires his football team to win, and his community to look up to be able to look up to him. Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar (not the highest rated guys..are the perfect qb I would want. To me, it's between Darnold, and Josh Allen, and I like Allen better. In fact, I drafted a qb in the seventh round in my mock draft I like better than rosen. LOL

14 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I like it. 

Incivility is the rage right now for some reason...

But if you like this, you gonna love the FA spending spree I now see coming.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Incivility is the rage right now for some reason...

But if you like this, you gonna love the FA spending spree I now see coming.

I just like honesty T..... ask a question, get an answer, even if it's not the answer you want. I was just never a fan of Sashi's smug, smarmy like personality. Not my cup of tea. 

As for FA spending, as long as one of those purchases is Cousins, then give me that sweet sound of cha-ching! 

Well... one man's honesty is another man's foot in mouth...

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dirseys getting railed for this

I see now what you referred to...

New Browns GM insults entire roster and Sashi Brown with one ridiculous comment

Well this could make things awkward in the Browns locker room. Just a week into the job, new general manager John Dorsey has already figured out a way to insult pretty much the entire Browns locker room, as well as former GM Sashi Brown.

Here's what Dorsey had to say on WKNR 850, via Cleveland.com:

"You know what? You've got to get a guy like [Hue Jackson] players. And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players…

"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing," said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue players."

Even if this is true - it's not - you don't say it publicly for the simple fact that you absolutely cannot single out players, which means each and every player acquired by the last front office, including guys like Myles Garrett, will interpret the comment as a dig at them.

It's a ridiculous statement to make anyway. The last regime acquired at least 10 players who will be the foundation for Dorsey's rebuild, including Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Njoku, Corey Coleman, Kevin Zeitler, Emmanuel Ogbah and Jamie Collins.

That's a lot of young talent added to the roster within a span of 23 months. It's at least comparable to the talent Dorsey had added to the Chiefs roster over the same time, which includes Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Mitchell Schwartz and that's about it.

As Dorsey will soon find out, Hue Jackson is a much bigger problem than Sashi Brown ever was. He is statistically the worst coach in NFL history to last at least 40 games and has managed to keep the Browns winless against the longest of odds…

JJ ZachariasonVerified account @LateRoundQB Dec 12

The list below shows Cleveland's win probability entering each game by week according to @numberFire's algorithm. The Browns are either 1) trying to lose or 2) have horrendous coaching. Maybe it's both. But the chance of losing all of these games is about 1%.pic.twitter.com/Fee6On245QDQ3VbJUXkAEdFNS.jpg

10:01 AM - 12 Dec 2017

At 1-28, the dudes in that locker room are what their record says they are..... If they can't handle the truth, then they best look for another line of work. 

I suppose the GM could've given them the good ol' little league, "Hey, it's okay guys, as long as you tried hard and had fun, then that's all that matters" speech......

My personal take on the matter, and i coyld very well be wrong....is the players give no fuks about cleveland. Not the organization and not the city. Frankly id rather see 22 guys lose that play their asses off and are NE ohio locals. Im tired of these kids that get drafted and cant wait to leave or the vets looking for one last contract and no one else will give it to them.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

My personal take on the matter, and i coyld very well be wrong....is the players give no fuks about cleveland. Not the organization and not the city. Frankly id rather see 22 guys lose that play their asses off and are NE ohio locals. Im tired of these kids that get drafted and cant wait to leave or the vets looking for one last contract and no one else will give it to them.

I think the guys that see Cleveland as a an audition play hard.  I'm not sure about some of the vets that are on their last deal.

Tony Jefferson's signing with the Ravens in the offseason told you all we need to know about the current state of the Browns organization.

51 minutes ago, D Bone said:

At 1-28, the dudes in that locker room are what their record says they are..... If they can't handle the truth, then they best look for another line of work. 

I suppose the GM could've given them the good ol' little league, "Hey, it's okay guys, as long as you tried hard and had fun, then that's all that matters" speech......

Amen brother.    Win some fuyucking games.....make some plays that win games instead of that lose games.....then you can get mad if you want.

(and by the way that speech you mention is usually given by Hue Jackson....So if these guys want to play good cop, bad cop....fine with me.

8 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Yep, there's literally no upside in making this comment. extremely stupid.

So, you think they should have their little tushies powdered instead?

Dropping Britt and Tregs and these other guys was a sign.   Act like you are entitled....and you will be entitled....to an unemployment check.

Any GM of 32 teams could trade down, build draft capital, but than end up with a liquidated 2nd hand core of roster players. (Wentz & Jack Conklin for Cory Coleman with table scraps) Enter John Dorsey who’s played the game. Now managing the game. Sat in a corner of locker room after loss to GB to get players feel after loss..Next..out goes Britt. Than instead of the bottom roster shuffling of past FO’s of bringing in failed UDFA’s from teams scrap piles.Dorsey brings in 4 of 5 guys that were actually drafted in a 5th round,2 6th round and 1 7th rounder. When your inheriting a 1 win team in 2 years? I got no problem with Dorsey kick starting some mopeds to find some Harley’s over hurt feelings..

Really, he shouldn't have said to the media that the previous FO didn't get 'real football players'.  But the reason that we lose all the freakin' time is because of our football players!

When Chuck Knoll was hired he told his team that he was told to figure out why the Steelers couldn't win.  He told his team that he watched all the film and knows why they couldn't win...and that it was because of THEM.  They weren't fast, not shifty, not big and powerful, couldn't jump high and that quite frankly he was going to have to replace the vast majority of them.

Well, that's what Dorsey said.  And I like it.  (but it really shouldn't have been said to the media...but then I wouldn't KNOW that he said it....and he probably said it FOR us fans to hear...that HEY, don't give up on the Browns because I'm going to fix it).

We'll see.....

You Bubba Gump Mr. Dumb Shmuck...

"Ya gotta figure out the QB spot..."- well know duh Shmucking Sheet. 

Sashi knew we needed a QB - he was about to get one AND try to pull off one of the most amazing builds the NFL has ever seen, he gave Kizer a chance with the foresight to see that even if he sucked- it would put us into position to get one this year.

Build the team, homegrown talent, build the depth with youth and start plugging vital spots with solid players. There isn't a player on here that isn't a solid player playing multiple positions. Our players are strapped to the coaches and are extensions of them. To Sashi's credit he most likely knew that Josh Gordon is a game changer and build the depth of the WR with Coleman, Higgins, Louis and the gang. He brought in Britt with the hopes of him being a mentor while Gordon was away. It just didn't work out. Britt wasn't that type of guy. That is the part where you need a "football guy" - you can't tell the heart or the soul of a player in the numbers. In a perfect world a Sashi/Dorsey FO would be ideal, the hangup would be the ego and the constant finger measuring between the two. 

Problem is, Huge Ego Jackson can't develop players, he only capable of riding on the coat tails and making due with what he gets. 

... Dude's I don't know anymore, at least with Sashi we were getting some really good deals. It's hard to say that we didn't win the last two drafts. I get that we're struggling but that's because we are 1)so young, 2)had so many key injuries and a suspended player, and C) Huh? Jackson couldn't coach his way out of a wet sweatshirt. 

I hope this works. 

Well, hurting players' feelings is something that I don't care about in this scenario. They are 1-28 too. If they had 5 wins this year I would understand being cautious about what was being said about them, but they haven't won a single game in this season yet.

BUT, I'd never, ever, throw the guy that I'm replacing under the bus. I don't care what does he do/say privately or in the facility, I'm talking about the media. I don't like people whose first words are about how bad the guy before was. You can think it, you can try to solve all what he's done wrong, but you don't say it. I don't care if it was Sashi Brown or a monkey making picks. 

I don't care what is Dorsey's career, not in this case, not in any. You cannot live of your past. It's gone. You can speak of your actions: the present. You can only talk once you have achieved something in a place. And Dorsey hasn't achieved anything yet with the Browns.  

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

he also has a chance to draft guys who fit the culture of the locker room. Britt was easy, and yes, it's fact - sashi didn't get players who were FOOTBALL players all too often. Good think he wasn't entirely responsible for draft picks. I'm more excited about draft only because of Dorsey. Hue's daughter was upset about the moves that didn't help the Browns be able to win...   The other mistake sashi made was getting rid of veteran leadership at certain positions. And keeping Britt on the roster -seriously, sashi? after all that contract, he stays to continue to show he couldn't give a rats arse about playing football?

sashi brown just didn't know what he was doing - it showed in serveral ways.

And just because alllllll the pundits have darnold and rosen at the top of the heap - they didn't the same thing with ryan leaf. As much as I was a huge Wentz fan, I wasn't a big fan of Goff. But I would draft Goff if my team needed a qb, whereas I would not be drafting rosen. Darnold is kinda of iffy with me - I reckon I started Camp Allen - we'll see how it all goes later on.

You loved Sashi and your exact reason was "he gets guys who LOVE THE GAME" and other platitudes like that. You are the epitome of the delusional Browns fan that is excited about every little thing that Ghoolie makes fun of. Come on man. Think for yourself. 

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I just like honesty T..... ask a question, get an answer, even if it's not the answer you want. I was just never a fan of Sashi's smug, smarmy like personality. Not my cup of tea. 

As for FA spending, as long as one of those purchases is Cousins, then give me that sweet sound of cha-ching! 

Must love Trump then.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Stupid and short sighted comments.  

Honesty though!

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well, hurting players' feelings is something that I don't care about in this scenario. They are 1-28 too. If they had 5 wins this year I would understand being cautious about what was being said about them, but they haven't won a single game in this season yet.

BUT, I'd never, ever, throw the guy that I'm replacing under the bus. I don't care what does he do/say privately or in the facility, I'm talking about the media. I don't like people whose first words are about how bad the guy before was. You can think it, you can try to solve all what he's done wrong, but you don't say it. I don't care if it was Sashi Brown or a monkey making picks. 

I don't care what is Dorsey's career, not in this case, not in any. You cannot live of your past. It's gone. You can speak of your actions: the present. You can only talk once you have achieved something in a place. And Dorsey hasn't achieved anything yet with the Browns.  

So your solution when a team goes winless is just to completely take away all reason for them to play hard for you?

Dorsey's comments today are on par with DePodesta's "We didn't have Wentz as a top 20 QB" quote as stupid things you can think but should never publicly say because they can come back and bite you right on the butt.

6 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So your solution when a team goes winless is just to completely take away all reason for them to play hard for you?

I'd never say that about my players, because there's no reason to it, as there isn't a reason to put Sashi under the bus. You have to let your actions talk.

And if their GM puts them down, they're not going to play hard for him? They play for THEMSELVES first. If you go almost winless 2 straight seasons you are not doing any good to your career, so better take all the comments on you as a motivation to try your best both in practice and in game day. Once again, let your actions talk. 

They are grown ups, not kids. 

Archived