THE BROWNS BOARD

Coaching prospects you say?

Westside Steve

59 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Saw the article... considering the HCs who have to leave for the jobs to become vacant did not occur to me... I must be having an off day. ;)

Bruce Arians - Dirk Koetter - Marvin Lewis - Jay Gruden - Vance Joseph - Chuck Pagano - Ben McAdoo - John Fox - Bill O'Brien

Really not a lot to get excited about here. I'd strike three simply due to obvious ineptitude in handling players. Lewis and Fox just look done. Koetter and Joseph haven't made a mark. If I had to pick one, it'd be Arians.

One additional twist would be to look for OC/Asst. HC candidates amongst the vacated. Of the HCs listed, here are those with OC credentials: Arians - Koetter - Gruden - McAdoo - O'Brien

Of these Arians' deep strike approach would seem to be a good match for Hue.

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I said that months ago.

Did you misspell Vrabel as well?

Actually it was nine days ago... and about three weeks after you posted an NFL.com article about "HCs in waiting" (including Vrabel) that opened with a short recap of Cowher's rise from KC DC.

http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=vrable vrabel&author=The Gipper&search_and_or=or

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Did you misspell Vrabel as well?

Actually it was nine days ago... and about three weeks after you posted an NFL.com article about "HCs in waiting" (including Vrabel) that opened with a short recap of Cowher's rise from KC DC.

http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=vrable vrabel&author=The Gipper&search_and_or=or

Days seem like months in Ghoolie time.

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Saw the article... considering the HCs who have to leave for the jobs to become vacant did not occur to me... I must be having an off day. ;)

Bruce Arians - Dirk Koetter - Marvin Lewis - Jay Gruden - Vance Joseph - Chuck Pagano - Ben McAdoo - John Fox - Bill O'Brien

Really not a lot to get excited about here. I'd strike three simply due to obvious ineptitude in handling players. Lewis and Fox just look done. Koetter and Joseph haven't made a mark. If I had to pick one, it'd be Arians.

One additional twist would be to look for OC/Asst. HC candidates amongst the vacated. Of the HCs listed, here are those with OC credentials: Arians - Koetter - Gruden - McAdoo - O'Brien

Of these Arians' deep strike approach would seem to be a good match for Hue.

I always like Aryans, o wait,  you mean the coach... Just kidding. But seriously how is his health?

WSS

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Days seem like months in Ghoolie time.

lol.... Well it's your own fault for entering his world.

10 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

Dave Toub, the KC special teams coach, has to be a top candidate.

I think that's the guy I was trying to remember... Right team affiliation and the announcers were talking about him during a recent game

Hell... he even looks like Dorsey...

Toubs.jpg.64404cf6616b43a11b1952e8024f5132.jpgmmqb-dorsey.jpg

Matt Nagy has been OC at KC 2016 & 2017 and KC QB coach since 2013, which mirrors Alex Smith's years with KC & also Dorsey's years there as GM. Pretty successful years I might add.

Once again, my unqualified gut opinion is that Hue Jackson will no longer be the Browns' HC after the 2018 Bye week & possibly much sooner than that....Canton Mike

To quote Arte Johnson from Laugh In fame........"Velly interesting!"

Mike

16 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Matt Nagy has been OC at KC 2016 & 2017 and KC QB coach since 2013, which mirrors Alex Smith's years with KC & also Dorsey's years there as GM. Pretty successful years I might add.

Once again, my unqualified gut opinion is that Hue Jackson will no longer be the Browns' HC after the 2018 Bye week & possibly much sooner than that....Canton Mike

To quote Arte Johnson from Laugh In fame........"Velly interesting!"

Mike

Or....perhaps.....could Nagy come here as OC?   That may be a lateral move.  And what would be his contract status

Archived