THE BROWNS BOARD

Making a case for Greg Roman for O.C.

Louisville Slugger

Yea he definitely needs to get with someone to work on his speech, but from everything I've heard is a legitmatly good person. He visited my little cousins school and her parents said he was very nice.

Lamar has come along way as a passer. I didn'  think he was going to be an NFL QB coming into the season. He has had to deal with a poor offensive line weak running game and an awful defense until we got Alexander and Stacy Thomas back. The most infuriating thing about him is he throws a terrible flare route to running backs. I don't understand it but that seems fixable. His accuracy is actually pretty good most of the time, but every once in a while he will throw one way off the mark.

Bottom line is if we bring him along like the Seahawks did Russell Wilson I think he can really develop. Only make him throw 15-20 times a game for the first season and once he gets comfortable give him more rope. Right now I have darnold as safer prospect for a traditional offense but Lamar could be a game changer

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The offensive line will really have trouble understanding him at the los.

Tremendous talented kid, though. Halfback/wr passer trick plays?

Shades of Bobby Garrett?  (The #1 overall draft pick of the Browns in 1954 who couldn't play because he stuttered)

18 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Yea he definitely needs to get with someone to work on his speech, but from everything I've heard is a legitmatly good person. He visited my little cousins school and her parents said he was very nice.

Lamar has come along way as a passer. I didn'  think he was going to be an NFL QB coming into the season. He has had to deal with a poor offensive line weak running game and an awful defense until we got Alexander and Stacy Thomas back. The most infuriating thing about him is he throws a terrible flare route to running backs. I don't understand it but that seems fixable. His accuracy is actually pretty good most of the time, but every once in a while he will throw one way off the mark.

Bottom line is if we bring him along like the Seahawks did Russell Wilson I think he can really develop. Only make him throw 15-20 times a game for the first season and once he gets comfortable give him more rope. Right now I have darnold as safer prospect for a traditional offense but Lamar could be a game changer

By 'like the Seahawks did' you mean toss him out there full time as a rookie minus the stellar defense and HoF RB to take pressure off....?

If so, then yeah....totally.  

Archived