THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Rosen?

jrb12711

2 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Damn, still motion, mayfield must’ve hit your prostate just right.  

The most amusing part is that you’re railing against Rosen based on character issues that he’s an alleged arsehole, but moan in ecstasy over a guy who got arrested for being a drunkard that ran from the cops. 

Perhaps because the same thing happened to me when I was Mayfield's age, and it's the only time I've ever been in trouble. That one incident didn't define me, and i don't expect that incident to define him. Also, I attribute leadership, accuracy, drive, and ability to win in my evaluation of a QB. I get that all of you don't see eye to eye with my issues that my friends told me about Rosen's attitude and character. It's way more of a flag then Mayfield's for me, and you all know where I stand, so talking or arguing about it won't do any more good than it would be if one of you tried talking about Mayfield's character.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, he's 2" taller than Russell Wilson (just as mobile), and 1" taller than Drew Brees. Height won't be a major issue. Big 12 soft D? TCU had a decent defense, and he destroyed them. Ditto Ohio State. Maturity issues, yep, but he's no Manziel, apologized for his on field behavior, something Johnny Football never did. Teammates love playing for him. He wins the National Championship, his stock will go through the roof. 

A. Yes the Big 12 plays soft D.

B. TCU is not a rebuttal of this fact. Even in Texas, everyone acknowledges it.

C. He's not winning the national championship. (unfortunately for him he'll have to beat two teams better than Iowa State.)

17 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Who would you rather have doing your heart surgery: the highly qualified guy with a bad attitude or the C-level grad with a great bed side manner? Give me highly qualified douche bag all day.

I don't know, is having a good attitude inherent to performing surgery? 

5 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Snowflake Republicans don’t like him because he wore a Shmuck Trump bandana on a Trump Golf  Course and because it pains them to see wealthy white Americans vote with their brains instead of their wallets.

Theyll find something to nitpick over but, as always, their arguments are weak and carry no actual water.

Thats all this is.

The guy is the best passer in the draft, he’s succeeded in spite of a pretty awful team, he’s intelligent and he’s not a pussy who’s afraid to speak on what he’s passionate about. He deserves to be the #1 pick. 

I just dont know if we’ll be the ones making that pick.

Stop with the political nonsense. I didn't even know about all his Trump garbage. Has zero influence on me either way. The kid is a tool and plenty of media have confirmed as much. When he comes to Cleveland and everyone hates him, the after-the-fact "I told you so" guys will be pointing to those articles as for why we shouldn't have taken him (not that I really care what they think). This should be a screaming red flag. 

If you determine he's good enough to overlook all these reports and pick with 1 overall anyway, fine. But don't act like it's all made up because of his political leanings. No one liked him when I was at his game....in California, that bastion of conservatism.

11 minutes ago, wargograw said:

A. Yes the Big 12 plays soft D.

B. TCU is not a rebuttal of this fact. Even in Texas, everyone acknowledges it.

C. He's not winning the national championship. (unfortunately for him he'll have to beat two teams better than Iowa State.)

RE: Mayfield- Oklahoma beat Ohio State- badly. Homerism aside, they're a tad better than Iowa State. 

Are you guys visiting a USC forum by chance? I don't know where you hear this crap.

I have lived in SoCal for 15 years and know a lot of hardcore UCLA fans. Not one says anything bad about Rosen. It's actually the opposite. They think if he was on a team like Oklahoma or Ohio State, his numbers would be off the charts, and they're already very good as is. 

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/28/ucla-qb-josh-rosen-is-chosen-for-a-good-reason-5/

https://gojoebruin.com/2017/12/09/ucla-football-josh-rosen-having-to-avoid-hits-on-and-off-the-field/

17 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Intangibles and character are concerns for guys like jameis winston... Not rosen

Can't remember the last time I saw that much bait packed onto a hook...

16 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

-he hasn't had any conflict all season. Could it possibly be a 20 year old grew up some? Shocker!

This...

Had to be 17 or 18 when he first met Dilfer. Fast forward two years and upon further review Dilfer's a fan.

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

If he wore an "Obama is a marxist war criminal" hat, I'd feel the same way about him

Of course you would... that's your hat.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Can't remember the last time I saw that much bait packed onto a hook...

This...

Had to be 17 or 18 when he first met Dilfer. Fast forward two years and upon further review Dilfer's a fan.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20826603/ucla-bruins-quarterback-josh-rosen-education-maturation

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

intestesting, since I posted about Rosen himself admitting he has a bad reputation for being a jerk. No thanks.

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

lol... Just read the entire article. Thanks... now I'm all in on Rosen... but leave it to you to find a speck of fly-sh!t in the pile of pepper.

Rosen's own set of challenges? He wants to lead UCLA to a conference title and eventually become a Super Bowl–winning, All-Pro quarterback who can make enough money off the field to play for the league minimum so his team can spend its salary cap space on his teammates.

Selfish bastard... :)

I could watch Rosen throw the ball all day long.  He's got a very nice delivery and looks like he doesn't have to try very hard to THROW very hard...if that makes sense.  

My biggest concern about drafting Rosen is that we wouldn't be getting Baker Mayfield.  Don't get me wrong, Rosen is still my #1, but there's just something about Mayfield that makes me wonder, ya know?  I get that he's small, has some "temper issues", had that arrest, and the little hands and all that...but I've always said the QB that finally lifts the Browns out of this hole is going to be somebody special.  Somebody with moxie, fire, and a self-confidence that he's "just going to make it happen."  Somebody that embraces all of the losing, the failures, and just doesn't care.  Doesn't care about the 29 other QB's that haven't made it to a second contract.  Doesn't care how everything always seems to be against us.  A guy that the Dawg Pound can simply fall in love with and cheer for the next 15 years.  We all know how Browns fan can be, and we know the way the "Dawg Pound" thinks.  Now let me ask you, does a guy who grabs his crotch while yelling at the opposition sound like our guy?  He does to me.  LOL.

In all seriousness, Rosen is definitely the smarter pick (at this point).  I just wonder if Rosen has the mental fortitude needed to take the inevitable lumps that will be coming his way.  The unrealistic expectations.  The losing at the last second and creative failures that have plagued us for decades.  

If he wore an "Obama is a marxist war criminal" hat, I'd feel the same way about him

Of course you would... that's your hat.

17 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Snowflake Republicans don’t like him because he wore a Shmuck Trump bandana on a Trump Golf  Course and because it pains them to see wealthy white Americans vote with their brains instead of their wallets.

Theyll find something to nitpick over but, as always, their arguments are weak and carry no actual water.

Thats all this is.

The guy is the best passer in the draft, he’s succeeded in spite of a pretty awful team, he’s intelligent and he’s not a pussy who’s afraid to speak on what he’s passionate about. He deserves to be the #1 pick. 

I just dont know if we’ll be the ones making that pick.

Some of them would probably want him to wear one of these on his uniform:

Juif.JPG

•  

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Cal is continuing to post nothing but garbage to try and hide the fact that his feelings got hurt by a rich white kid who doesn't like Donald Trump.

Selectively posting everything he can find negative (and only off field issues). On field, there's a reason he's one of, if not THE top prospect. He's ignored a couple pieces that showcase a completely different side of the kid. I don't care what his political views are, can he help the Brown win is all I'm interested in. Yeah, Manziel's parents had plenty of cash too- I've yet to hear reports Rosen spends all his free time in bars. 

Just wait a few weeks, there will be garbage coming out about any of the top ranked qbs. 

2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Cal is continuing to post nothing but garbage to try and hide the fact that his feelings got hurt by a rich white kid who doesn't like Donald Trump.

if that makes you not wet your pants, ok. You always get outraged when somebody doesn't agree with you.

But I had no idea about the hat biz until you starting whining about the hat, so I looked it up.Therefore, allllllllll my posts before that are still valid, in the least. I didn't like Goff last year, he never wore that hat. I really didn't likeManziel, and said it every time I talked to Flugels or Canton Mike, and he never wore that hat. I didn't like Jimmy Claussen, all for the same character/personality reasons, and Claussen never wore that hat.... I didn't like Cam Newton for the same flaws - the jury is still out on him - but it isn't the flaws that alienate half the fan base, I suppose.

The Browns can't afford a Ryan Leaf. Once and for all - get a solid qb in here, that is THE GUY, ON and OFF the field. Or, you can buy your own team, and draft Ryan Leaf. Passing wise, sure, thorny rosie and Darnold are the top two qbs. But I'd pick Darnold in a NY second, and I'd look for another qb later to develop. Rosie is a spoiled rich kid punk - worse attitude than manziel, and just as much a risk as Ryan Leaf.

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The Browns can't afford a Ryan Leaf. Once and for all - get a solid qb in here, that is THE GUY, ON and OFF the field. 

I'm totally with you.

We should only draft a QB who makes more than 5,000 yards per season consistenly and no matter the team, rushes for 1,000 yards, helps elder woman crossing the street and every summer goes to Kenya to make brain and heart surgeries for free for the locals.

Anything less is underachieving.

no, but between Darnold and unchosen rosie, I'd pick Darnold every single time.

But obviously, Josh Allen is my perfect qb, except he isn't quite as polished as Darnold, and it isn't just some of us,

isn't just me, that says the same exact thing about rosen rosie thornbutt

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

mcshay is an idiot. He's got barkley dropping to 6. Dont get me wrong id beat off to getting darnold or rosen and somehow still landing barkley. But barkley isnt making it past indy or sf.

He's still a RB in a passing league. It could very well happen, actually.

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's still a RB in a passing league. It could very well happen, actually.

Doubtful. People see what subtracting elliot has meant to the cowboys. Dak sht gold last year, this year?.....not so much. Wuts the diff? Its elliot. A RB that forces 8 men into the box opens up all kinds of passing lanes. Made dak what he was last year. So u can call it a passing league but if u have no run game whatsoever teams just drop an extra guy back. 

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

no, but between Darnold and unchosen rosie, I'd pick Darnold every single time.

But obviously, Josh Allen is my perfect qb, except he isn't quite as polished as Darnold, and it isn't just some of us,

isn't just me, that says the same exact thing about rosen rosie thornbutt

If anyone needs a reminder- ESPN Friday 4PM.  Tune in to see the white Deshone Kizer in action.  Plays just like him, and is about as accurate... 

But he's a high character guy- just like you know who. 

22 hours ago, hoorta said:

RE: Mayfield- Oklahoma beat Ohio State- badly. Homerism aside, they're a tad better than Iowa State. 

When they didn't show up, which happened a couple times this year, they really weren't. Really bad team with regard to consistency.

If you guys would just admit "I recognize there are a zillion red flags around the kid, but he's so good I want him anyway," I'd respect the position. But to sit here and act like Rosen is the height of maturity and responsibility is absurd. 

57 minutes ago, wargograw said:

If you guys would just admit "I recognize there are a zillion red flags around the kid, but he's so good I want him anyway," I'd respect the position. But to sit here and act like Rosen is the height of maturity and responsibility is absurd. 

For one, I'm not overlooking the negative reports War. But to compare Rosen to Manziel? Crazy- It's way early. By April, we'll know if any of these guys have unpaid parking tickets, or don't tip waitresses in restaurants. The major prospects haven't played in their Bowl games yet- and you can bet I'll be watching. We won't even know for a month which of the underclass guys are going to declare. Then there's the combine and individual workouts. In their respective draft classes in December, most pundits didn't have either Wentz or Trubisky in the first round, much less top 5. We know how that turned out.  :)  

Archived