THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Rosen?

jrb12711

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning. 

You neglected to mention that he's missing the game because of a concussion he suffered AND throw in an anti-gay slur at the same time.

Well played. I can see why you were such a big Rush Limbaugh fan - seeing that misinformation and bigotry (with some hypocrisy) is kind of his thing.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, look. Josh Rosen's arrogance, demeanor, etc....

cost him a chance to go to Stanford.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-bruins-stanford-cardinal-josh-rosen-dream-school-101515

CNrlDcvVAAA6TCI.jpg:large

Thanks for sharing the research Cal.  Stanford went to the Pac 12 Championship this with a different QB and lost to the team QBed by Sam Darnold.

I watched the UCLA-Memphis State matchup when Rosen had trouble competing with the scoreboard changing the Memphis State QB was putting up.  I saw some slants over the middle he threw behind his Receiver while many of their big plays came from short throws outside (near the line of scrimmage turned into long gains that day). Near the end of the game when he had a chance to get his team back in it - he didn't make the play.

When I saw Rosen play USC - I was far more impressed.

My first impression of Darnold was last year's Rose Bowl and hearing how he changed the complexion of a 1-3 or 1-4 start under a different QB.  When he was the guy - he transcended the team to Conference Championship and Rose Bowl Championship caliber. I'm well aware he struggled early on this year when he lost his top WR to the NFL and while the oline had to re-shuffle to accommodate injuries.  That said, he's come out of his mini-slump to leading his team to another Pac 12 Championship and a chance to win their 2nd straight Bowl Matchup with the Big 10 Champion in just his soph season as a starting QB. 

Obviously, there's a lot more to all these guys than just what they do in their Bowl Games.  For example, why did Josh Allen only throw 13 TD passes to 6 INTs this year?  is that the type of play that's going to give our passing game some giddyup or should we train our OTs to be yelling "FOUR" to the QB at the snap?

Meanwhile, others worry if Mayfield's height doesn't make him the next Colt McCoy or various bad decisions haven't had others worrying if there's some potential for him to be another Johnny Manziel.

There's stuff to worry about with every top prospect just like there always is.  The Carson Wentz that got injured in college football and during his first training camp finished this season on IR while DeShaun Watson visited IR even earlier.  This time around - let's not only hope we get the right QB but that we also have some good luck keeping him healthy.

13 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

That's also not fair in my opinion. If someone asks 100 college qb's which team (or city for that matter) they want to go to, I'm pretty sure 99 out of 100 are going to say they'd rather go to New York than Cleveland, right? It's also not fair because the reporter is basically asking a kid if he'd rather go to New York or to the worst team in the history of the NFL. What's he supposed to say? The generic answer of, "I'd be blessed to play for whichever team wants me"? 

He answered honestly and I don't blame him. He didn't say he WOULDN'T play for us, did he? Lord I hope not... 

Wait a second. Article says the information is from a source close to Rosen? That could be garbage. Regardless of which team he PREFERS to play for, we basically need to know he won't "Eli Manning" us, and draft him if he's coming out. Which he will. 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if both Rosen and Darnold decide to stay another year to avoid being drafted by the Browns. Then we'd take Allen who will lead us to another #1 overall next year to draft yet another QB. Hopefully we are smart enough to pass on Allen and take Mayfield.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if both Rosen and Darnold decide to stay another year to avoid being drafted by the Browns. Then we'd take Allen who will lead us to another #1 overall next year to draft yet another QB. Hopefully we are smart enough to pass on Allen and take Mayfield.

This scenario makes me have the water shits.

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sorry Browns149, I also put the link up, didn't see that you did.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, UCLA QB Josh Rosen prefers to play for the Giants and would be "hesitant to come out in next year's draft" if the Browns pursue him with the first overall pick.

Rosen is still deciding whether to enter the upcoming draft, where he would likely be a first-round selection. Per Schefter, he wants no part of the Browns, however, and may be tempted to return to UCLA for his senior year if it meant avoiding Cleveland. ESPN's Todd McShay projects Rosen as the No. 1 pick while Mel Kiper has him at No 4. The winless Browns are a lock to draft a quarterback after missing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson the past two years.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:51 PM, wargograw said:

I went to one of the kid's games and all HIS fans hated him and cited how much the team hates him (or at least how much Rosen hated them)

I never agree with War, but this time I'm fully backing him. This is 100x true. I've never met so many people dislike their college QB. My friend who teaches at UCLA's friend is a Jewish professor (UCLA) and hated Rosen because of the way the kid treated him, that's unheard of.

Like I said, he's a spoiled rich kid from California, and he'd probably refuse to play in cold Cleveland because he's a punk.

If he kid already acts like he's "better than everyone else", do you expect him to be the hardest working Cleveland Brown?

Say whatever you want, but I speculate Rosen will be a bust simply because he's an pooper even his fans hate.

Mayfield will be a success in the NFL simply because he's an pooper all his fans love. #teammayfield

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Nope. You've got nothing and they've got nothing.. period. 

Not everything in life can be cited. Seeing the kid play, seeing the kids hate him is one thing for war. It's a red flag, and if you think it isn't and doesn't matter at all, and Rosen leaves the Browns after we draft him and goes to Denver, i'll be saying I told you so.

Essentially you're saying let's check someone's resume, and it looks great, but when you check the references, no one wants to be around him. You check his facebook and he has no friends. You check his wife or girlfriend, and she makes Carson Wentz's look like Heidi Klum.

20 minutes ago, beare said:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, UCLA QB Josh Rosen prefers to play for the Giants and would be "hesitant to come out in next year's draft" if the Browns pursue him with the first overall pick.

Rosen is still deciding whether to enter the upcoming draft, where he would likely be a first-round selection. Per Schefter, he wants no part of the Browns, however, and may be tempted to return to UCLA for his senior year if it meant avoiding Cleveland. ESPN's Todd McShay projects Rosen as the No. 1 pick while Mel Kiper has him at No 4. The winless Browns are a lock to draft a quarterback after missing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson the past two years.

Yeah, and this is the kid everyone on the board thinks will be the next Joe Montana. 

10 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Yeah, and this is the kid everyone on the board thinks will be the next Joe Montana. 

No everyone, literally every poster, determined Rosen was the greatest NFL QB of all time.

Is that how this game is played? You seem to be personally offended that not everyone thinks Mayfield is a better prospect than Rosen.

Rosen is a better NFL prospect then Mayfield. IMO

Mayfield is a great college QB  but his skills in college are not going to transfer to the NFL as well as Rosen’s skills will 

I don't think that is it at all. But evaluating a qb - there IS leadership and love for the game involved, and a hell of a lot of work ethic, etc. I don't see much of the intangibles in rosen that I look for - Ryan Leaf, Jimmy Claussen, Jeff George, Johnny Manziel, etc etc etc. I wish I could refind that article where rosen admits he has a perception problem with women in sororities on his campus. He has a few women friends who have made sure he knows, it seems. But he is so arrogant and abrasive, he doesn't care. At least Manziel was likeable when sober.

And just remember - the freshman qb who is taking rosen's place in the bowl game? has outstanding stats too. Go figure.

47 minutes ago, beare said:

Schefter almost verbatim made the same report about darnold and it was flat out false. How naive can you people be? It really saddens me how much people believe based on nothing.

5 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Rosen is a better NFL prospect then Mayfield. IMO

Mayfield is a great college QB  but his skills in college are not going to transfer to the NFL as well as Rosen’s skills will 

True, and not true. Mayfield has outstanding intangibles - leadership, love for the game...but he's made some mistakes off the field. He's apologized.

Rosen has outstanding physical passing stats and abilities, but lacks what Mayfield has. Teammates LOVE Josh Allen, and Mayfield, and others. Rosen, "der". not so much at all. The mistakes he has made off the field- he doesn't apologize for - he's not going to. Rules, People.... don't matter to him - he's rich and privileged. I just don't buy his act.

Intangibles are great but they don’t complete passes from the pocket. Running around playing street ball works in college. And that’s why guys love playing with him

But in the pros the Qb needs to win from the pocket FIRST. And I think Rosen is much better at that 

12 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I'm just dumbfounded that very few people on the board think character is a concern with Rosen, yet hate Mayfield mainly because of character.

Actually many people have commented that they don't care for Mayfield because of his character AND that he's short, plays in a crap league known for producing inflated QB stats and has a decent but unspectacular skill set.

You keep ignoring that second part so you can keep trotting out your "WHY IS ROSEN GETTING A PASS ON HIS CHARACTER"? so somehow your boy Baker is some kind of martyr on this board.

Yet, a Jeff George and Ryan Leaf had outstanding stats and great passing. But their lack of character was their ruination, and embarrassment to their teams. Nobody knows if rosen is that bad...but the question is there - the red flag glows. The Browns can NOT afford to take the chance. Brady Quinn was a real good pocket passer in college.., and he wasn't a big arrogantprick, and didn't make it for other reasons. Matt Leinart was a pure pocket passer.....

Everybody knows Mayfield has a few character concerns...do they represent a permanent lack of character, or just a little wild college immaturity? Rosen has character concerns, and it seems it goes permanent right down to the core and he doesn't care what anybody thinks.

Archived