THE BROWNS BOARD

A Christmas Story live

Did anyone watch this abomination against god? I mean the movie is highly overrated but still has a place in my heart due to the Cleveland scenes and the fact that my Uncle Bob appeared twice in it as an extra, but this? I don't know who thought this was a good idea but...it...was...not. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Did you see it? You should see it before you criticize it.   I did not see it.

The movie is not overrated...it is one of the best Christmas movies ever made.  

Yes I saw it. Unlike you gents I have three school age children. I've watched more Christmas themed programming than is good for someone. A Christmas story live is an abomination. And although I think "a Christmas story" is overrated I never quite said I didn't like it. Just that other movies are better for me. 

But this was an atrocity - making a Christmas story into an over the top musical including Jewish musical numbers - well...it was really, really bad. It wasn't even recognizable as the classic Christmas story. 

I heard someone else who said that it was  really bad. They said the music was bad and that it tried to be too "politically correct".   Not seeing it....how did "being politically correct" manifest itself?   By inserting Jewish themed stuff?   (which would be silly....given that the setting was Indiana)

11 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You'll note, with a lawyerly eye, I'm sure, that at no point in my condemnation of this piece of excrement, did I mention political correctness. You did that. I simply said it was trash and I stand by it.

No, I know....I said that others said that.  I just wondered, since you saw it, if you found that to be the case as well.  And if so, how so?

Archived