Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Seriously, Why do we ALWAYS have to wear White on White Uniforms at Home?


Soju
 Share

Recommended Posts

It gets tiresome.  Same F'ing thing week in week out.  It's like my grandpa (God rest his soul) eating porridge every. morning. every. year.

 

Life is about spice and let's face it, this team, if any team NEEDS it.

 

So who's in charge of what the team wears on Sunday?  I know, blah, blah tradition.  But wearing away uniforms gives the other team an advantage, they wear their home unis and probably feel right at home kicking our butt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the NFL teams decide their Home uni's. Choice is between white and the official team color.

Historically home teams were encouraged to wear their whites so their fans could see the colors of the other teams in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

In the NFL teams decide their Home uni's. Choice is between white and the official team color.

Historically home teams were encouraged to wear their whites so their fans could see the colors of the other teams in the league.

lol I care about MY team, and if they wear white every damn game (because they wear them when they're away , too so it works out to around 15 games a year maybe) how can I ever enjoy MY team's colors?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Because it is traditon.....and it looks good.   The only possible better look is the Browns jerseys and white pants.  They really never, ever should wear anything but white pants.   No orange, no brown.

Completely agreed. 

About OPs question... Maybe they always wear all white so anytime we watch in the future a video of them, we will instantly recognize them: 'oh yeah, those white Sheet years!'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soju said:

lol I care about MY team, and if they wear white every damn game (because they wear them when they're away , too so it works out to around 15 games a year maybe) how can I ever enjoy MY team's colors?

Because that's why! :P And white is traditionally Cleveland's color, orange never, brown maybe in California only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the Browns unleashed these abortions upon an unsuspecting Browns audience, they crowed about the "nine exciting uni combos!" that was now available.

Three seasons later, they've almost exclusively wore the white jerseys/white pants. Why?

Because they are the least hideous. The Browns are scrapping these uniforms after two more seasons, the soonest they are able to per NFL rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

In the NFL teams decide their Home uni's. Choice is between white and the official team color.

Historically home teams were encouraged to wear their whites so their fans could see the colors of the other teams in the league.

And that's pretty much ignored Tour. The only other team I can think of that almost always wears white at home is UGH- the Cowboys. If all the other teams followed that protocol, we'd see the Browns wearing Brown at all the away games. Now sometimes there's practical considerations- the Florida teams wear whites early in the season, because white reflects sun better. The hottest game I was ever at was Tampa Bay in October. 95 degrees. Had sweat pouring off me in the stands. 

I'm in the Brown at home crowd. Just not those stupid alternate orange ones, or worse the all orange- do we want to look like Clemson? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

I thought we were only supposed to do that while it was still hot out.

 

I'm still waiting for the brown helmet.

I would like to know what do you guys think about the orange helmet. 

I know it's the team logo and all, but it's not the best logo ever IMHO, and the orange is a really difficult color to combine with anything else. Almost every other team, if I recall correctly, or has a white/black/silver helmet, or has a color that can be used in the rest of the uniform (green in the Eagles, Blue in the Rams, Seahawks...) Except maybe for the Jaguars, whose golden back of the helmet is ugly, in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this team since 99' has traumatized me so much i just want a whole makeover and redo the unis.  I'd probably be ok with a team name change as well.  I want to distance myself from the pain and misery associated with the past two decades.  I never want to see these uniforms or helmets again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I would like to know what do you guys think about the orange helmet. 

I know it's the team logo and all, but it's not the best logo ever IMHO, and the orange is a really difficult color to combine with anything else. Almost every other team, if I recall correctly, or has a white/black/silver helmet, or has a color that can be used in the rest of the uniform (green in the Eagles, Blue in the Rams, Seahawks...) Except maybe for the Jaguars, whose golden back of the helmet is ugly, in my opinion.

You are dead wrong...and your opinion kind of sucks swamp water....and is kinda gay.    The problem is that they changed the actual orange color...to make it a deeper, more reddish orange...instead of the Pumpkin orange it should be.  And NO, there is nothing wrong or hard about combining it with the right color. See above.  If they wear those uniforms...and go back to the pumpkin orange...you have one of the most classic uniforms going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Soju said:

this team since 99' has traumatized me so much i just want a whole makeover and redo the unis.  I'd probably be ok with a team name change as well.  I want to distance myself from the pain and misery associated with the past two decades.  I never want to see these uniforms or helmets again.

There is probably like a  Canadian Football League team you can go root for or something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No. Something bold and new. Turn the page on the past and usher in a new look and era of winning.

Its time. The Broncos won with a new look. The Bucs won a super bowl. The Falcons improved. The Patriots became winners, The Bills went to 4 straight super bowls. The Rams won a super bowl. 

 

You would probably want the NY Yankees to change their uniforms so that the stripes resemble Barber Pole stripes rather than pinstripes.  

I want something that doesn't make them look like dickheads....like they do now and like the stuff you are putting up here would make them look.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Youve never been that concerned about being a dickhead prior to today.

You are awfully concerned about my dickhead.  I guess they don't call you boo fagley for nothing.

Sorry...my preference is to have Ghoolie's Vegas hookers pay attention to my dickhead, not you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the people saying we need this big uniform change. Umm, we just did that. 

 

Now, they should be tweaked. Someone posted a couple months ago pictures someone did that were our current uniforms but slightly modified and cleaned up and they looked really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, boo fagley said:

More radical than this.

 

greg-ellis-bothjpg-fefaf00b668d53fb.jpg

Maybe too high school or college for me, I guess I'm an old tradionalist at heart......

........except maybe for Penn State they are too way back even for me, reminds me of my first uni in the 5th grade. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...