THE BROWNS BOARD

Star Wars VIII

Nero

I won't make a long review about the film. I came here expecting that WSS or Gipper would have done one, but I'kk start myself and I'm looking forward to your opinion.

I didn't like the script. Not only because there weren't many dialogues worth remembering, but because I think the movie wants to keep you all the time under stress, and my feeling is that there's not a lot of time to rest. About the humor that every action film tends to have nowadays, there's only one thing I laughed about during the film and I don't know whether it was a joke or not (hint: sometimes it's about saving what you love... Idk if those were the exact words)

I did like some of the stuff they did in Episode VII that was kind of a throwback, but I feel like they ran out of ideas and by now they are repeating same plots already used in the past. I don't remember any memorable music piece, maybe it is because I loved what they did in Ep VII playing to sound like Williams but changing elements. I found it really entertaining to see how music developed from some known tunes into other variations. It didn't happen to me with this film. 

There are positives, though. I like Rey and what did Luke evolve into, but I don't kind of get the feeling I had with Darth Vader with the 'new bad boys'. Maybe it is because Vader was so charismatic that is difficult to be at his level.

One thing I loved about the film, and it's something that I tend to enjoy in the Saga, is the photography. There are some very beautiful pictures.

In conclusion, I liked the film but I ended up feeling it lacks action, and maybe that makes it require a weight in the script that it doesn't have, as the story isn't great either. It's a film you can enjoy if you are a fan, and probably provides enough entertainment, but it won't strike you as a great film.

Glad to have anybody pitch in. Usually I don't post my reviews until they've come out and print but glad to have this one. I actually put this one on the back burner so far I've seen ladybird and Wonder Wheel and I expect to see a few more by the end of the month just because this is when they start unloading the Oscar truck.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 10:56 PM, Westside Steve said:

Glad to have anybody pitch in. Usually I don't post my reviews until they've come out and print but glad to have this one. I actually put this one on the back burner so far I've seen ladybird and Wonder Wheel and I expect to see a few more by the end of the month just because this is when they start unloading the Oscar truck.

WSS

Steve caught the movie yesterday. You know me- Mr. Si-Fy geek. absolutely love the movie. All the action you could want, and one nice plot twist. Only slight dragging with the interaction between Rey and Luke. Some have called it the best Star Wars ever, and I tend to agree.  :)  

Archived