THE BROWNS BOARD

Sotomayor should not be confirmed

She sounds like a radical left wing Puerto Rican. I don't care about her growing up in NYC with her "single" mother (equals loose sexually). Her anti-white man words further my concern about her "agenda". Please don't confirm this left wing Rican, thanks. :D

DH - I understand you're not a "real person" and all, but even made-up personas/someone's puppet like yourself can place his hate-filled post in the correct thread, no?

PS Didn't you say this already in said thread??

I dont know about you guys,

I have come to respect diehard.

He may be a little whats the word im looking for here???

HARSH?, yeah that will do ,but atleast he can get his point across in one sentence without bullshit or games he just throws it out there and he's ok with that.

I wouldnt mind a little more straightforward conversation with some in here ,gets tired driving around in circles.

I agree. Some people want to bicker the smallest point

"Lemons are yellow"

"Not always"

"Ok...most lemons are yellow"

"Define yellow"

She is an anti American scum bag

Sonia Sotomayor vs the Second Amendment

It appears as though Sonia Sotomayor is no friend of the second amendment. Earlier this year she ruled that the second amendment of the bill of rights doesn’t guarantee that states have to abide by the constitution and that an individual does not have the right to keep and bear arms.

It is settled law, however, that the Second Amendment applies only to limitations the federal government seeks to impose on this right,” said the opinion. Quoting Presser, the court said, “it is a limitation only upon the power of Congress and the national government, and not upon that of the state

As someone who believes that the federal government has become too strong and that more power needs to be returned to the states I can almost sympathize with this opinion. Almost. But there are certain rights that are guaranteed to the people of all states and the bill of rights was written to ensure that the rights of the people could not be taken away.

The fourteenth amendment of the constitutions states that “No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States … nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Sonia Sotomayor conveniently forgot to read the fourteenth amendment of the constitution which basically states that a state cannot take away the rights of the people that are guaranteed in the constitution.

Her ruling also is in contrast to the recent Supreme Court ruling in Heller vs District of Columbia which ruled that the right to bear arms was an individual right. She neglected to use Supreme Court precedent in her ruling.

Here is what the Supreme Court ruled in Heller vs DC:

The Second Amendment, the Supreme Court ruled, “guarantee(s) the right of the individual to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation. The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed.’”

“There seems to us no doubt,” the Supreme Court said, “that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms.”

Is it any wonder that the president is trying to rush Maria Sotomayor’ s confirmation process along? Thankfully Justice Souter was a dissenter in the Heller vs DC second amendment ruling or else we could be on the verge of losing an individuals right to keep and bear arms. The Heller decision was 5-4. One vote in the other direction and the second amendment is gone.

Judge Sotomayor does not believe that owning firearms is an individual right. This is how close we are to losing the second amendment, not by constitutional amendment but by having it adjudicated from us.

We are only one Supreme Court justice away from losing the second amendment and Sonia Sotomayor typifies this president’s idea of an ideal Supreme Court justice. This president’s next appointment to the Supreme Court will hold the same beliefs as this one, we just have to hope that the next justice to retire will be either Stevens, Ginsburg, or Breyer. Otherwise the constitution will be null and void.

http://americaswatchtower.com/2009/05/28/s...cond-amendment/

Sotomayor is not only a reverse racist and a member of the racist La Raza, but the woman is ultra-radical concerning the right of Americans to bear arms. She sure doesn’t sound like a justice who would abide by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What is it she does not understand about the Second Amendment?

http://exposingliberallies.blogspot.com/20...-amendment.html

Sotomayor is a leftwingnut, she's not bright enough to comprehend complex issues.

She didn't conveniently forget to read the 14th Amendment, she's

too much a dimwit to remember it at the same time ruling as she did.

That's really stupid of her. She would be laughed off the Court.

I believe plenty of Dems will not stand for it and vote her down.

If she had any class and self-awareness, she'd resign already.

It is settled law, however, that the Second Amendment applies only to limitations the federal government seeks to impose on this right,” said the opinion. Quoting Presser, the court said, “it is a limitation only upon the power of Congress and the national government, and not upon that of the state

[/i]As someone who believes that the federal government has become too strong and that more power needs to be returned to the states I can almost sympathize with this opinion. Almost. But there are certain rights that are guaranteed to the people of all states and the bill of rights was written to ensure that the rights of the people could not be taken away.

The fourteenth amendment of the constitutions states that “No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States … nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Sonia Sotomayor conveniently forgot to read the fourteenth amendment of the constitution which basically states that a state cannot take away the rights of the people that are guaranteed in the constitution.

Her ruling also is in contrast to the recent Supreme Court ruling in Heller vs District of Columbia which ruled that the right to bear arms was an individual right. She neglected to use Supreme Court precedent in her ruling.

Here is what the Supreme Court ruled in Heller vs DC:

QUOTE The Second Amendment, the Supreme Court ruled, “guarantee(s) the right of the individual to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation. The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed.’”

“There seems to us no doubt,” the Supreme Court said, “that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms.”

Sorry if the truth makes you sad, mz the pussy.

But she is not qualified on an honesty level, to become a Justice of the Supreme Court.

She's also bigoted racially and pre-determined to side with womens' rights, regardless

of the rights of others.

She isn't honest or smart enough, one or the other, to consider complex issues.

I think she's both.

Sotomayor's nomination by Obama... is a reflection on himself.

Not a nice reflection, either.

Archived