THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison released by steelers.

Clevfan4life

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Are u insinuating harrison is on stuff nobody knows about? Cause he's subject to the same testing protocols everyone else is. And i can assure u he's gotten tested more than others, especially the last few years. Ray leeis talked about how older players that still havevit get extra scrutiny from the league

No, I read an article in 2016 where much of the content came from HOF QB Fran Tarkenton believe it or not.  It concluded almost nobody was testing positive for HGH with concerns that the inexpensive testing the NFL uses for all their outdated tests shows the players continue to stay ahead of the curve with all the black market sales reps/consultations out there.  Sound like an enabler? Bigger concern is - is the testing really doing what it is supposed to be doing while it remains cheap inside a multi-billion $ industry via outdated tests to just random populations in an era the commish is suddenly all Safety first?   At least baseball used to admit they weren't testing when the Barry Bonds types were getting away with what a TON of NFL players continued to get away with while it was allegedly testing to get rid of the pollution the 70s Steelers caused.  When knuckleheads like Jim Haslett and Bill Romanowski said they started taking steroids to be like their role models - how many others just like them had such a thought?  When 1 former Steeler said he played on 3 or 4 NFL teams and he was certain Pittsburgh by far had the most pervasive use of steroids in the league - something is fishy that none of them ever seem to get caught after Courson's Book and the SI investigation gave good rationale to do the drug testing.  Guess what they weren't testing for until 2014? HGH

Right on cue, Pittsburgh employed Dr HGH for 22 years all that while the NFL wasn't testing for it.  If you want to pretend like our Steeler troll that the only difference between Harrison getting cut 3  times and becoming what he became was just hard work - I have quick sand for sale in Alligator Alley.  The guy ALWAYS worked hard so what was the game changer????  Do you think Pittsburgh suddenly lost access to black market PEDs and experts at how to beat the tests.  And what would make Harrison's wife need a battered women's shelter and its ongoing domestic violence support group/counseling all within these same periods?  The Gazette said Harrison took the head hunting fine money the fans contributed and donated it to battered women's shelter and domestic violence support group his wife has needed all the while Harrison did it the Steeler way. The Pittsburgh Fag (Stink) doesn't have the reading comprehension to understand that plus he has too much denial to WANT to accept it.  Everyone knows Harrison has been the biggest junkie in Pro Football for years.  People can pass outdated drug tests all the time.  It's not as hard as you think.  I got quite an education from a kid in foster care when I complimented his efforts to accomplish passing drug tests.  The NFL drug testing today is a joke and it's been for a while. 

Anyway, what makes you think someone that has played for an elite NFL program sees a team he has hated in the midst of 1-30 football and comes to the about-face conclusion of "I want me some Cleveland Browns careersies?"  I know the idea of him coming here excited you but you gotta whole picture this thing past your emotions here.  Unlike the trolls that visit, I enjoy what you offer this board.  You're here for the right reasons and you make a lot of good posts. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revenge against pgh cutting him? What better way than to go work for the browns and instill the lockerroom mentality in clev that he did in pgh. Sorry if this offends people but i wanna see cleveland players start rocking steelers fags cause they take liberties with us constantly. I want a turkeh jones moment.

Now i know full well that harrison was the architect of alot of those past liberties, oh well. I want a meaner o erall defense and williams said he wants mean players. Welcome to clev james harrison if i was haslem

no, no, no, no, no. the cheapshot lockerroom mentality, deliberately injuring key players on other teams in a game, was going on

long before Harrison, but harrison was one willing cheapshot pig. There were others:

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/01/14/steelers-dirty-or-was-cody-wallace-hit-an-outlier-broncos-weigh-in/

Late in the first quarter of their last meeting with the Steelers, in Pittsburgh on Dec. 20, safety David Bruton was bulldozed by a late helmet-to-helmet hit from Steelers center Cody Wallace.

“That’s just what they do,” Bruton said afterward. “They’re dirty, and he left his feet trying to take me out.

The hit cost Wallace a 15-yard penalty and a $23,152 fine, a punishment the Broncos say failed to match the crime.

and scumpig Tomlin isn't the only cheapshot coach, either:

Mike Munchack pulls Reggie Nelson's hair in 2015 playoffs. This is just so pathetic I dont even know what to say. This is just such a ***** move and so bush league.

Mike Mitchell twisted the knee/leg of Chiefs running back. Mike Mitchell isn't dirty? Right guys? The NFL is the one to blame for his constant cheap shots and head shots.

Ben Rothlisberger twists Emmanual Ogbah's ankle. I thought Burfict was the only guy who twists ankles? Looks like thats more of a Steeler's thing.

Ben Roethlisberger tries to snap Emmanuel Ogbah's ankle after throwing interception.

Mike Mitchell dives at Alex Smith's legs.

Ryan Shazier's hit on Gio Bernard in the 2015 playoff game. Another helmet to helmet hit. This is getting repetitive.

ines Ward hit on Keith Rivers. Ward broke River's jaw on this play. Although there wasn't a flag or fine, Ward has a history of these kinds of hits. Just ridiculous. You don't see that kind of crap with ANY other player in the league.

13 hours ago, Flugel said:

No, I read an article in 2016 where much of the content came from HOF QB Fran Tarkenton believe it or not.  It concluded almost nobody was testing positive for HGH with concerns that the inexpensive testing the NFL uses for all their outdated tests shows the players continue to stay ahead of the curve with all the black market sales reps/consultations out there.  Sound like an enabler? Bigger concern is - is the testing really doing what it is supposed to be doing while it remains cheap inside a multi-billion $ industry via outdated tests to just random populations in an era the commish is suddenly all Safety first?   At least baseball used to admit they weren't testing when the Barry Bonds types were getting away with what a TON of NFL players continued to get away with while it was allegedly testing to get rid of the pollution the 70s Steelers caused.  When knuckleheads like Jim Haslett and Bill Romanowski said they started taking steroids to be like their role models - how many others just like them had such a thought?  When 1 former Steeler said he played on 3 or 4 NFL teams and he was certain Pittsburgh by far had the most pervasive use of steroids in the league - something is fishy that none of them ever seem to get caught after Courson's Book and the SI investigation gave good rationale to do the drug testing.  Guess what they weren't testing for until 2014? HGH

Right on cue, Pittsburgh employed Dr HGH for 22 years all that while the NFL wasn't testing for it.  If you want to pretend like our Steeler troll that the only difference between Harrison getting cut 3  times and becoming what he became was just hard work - I have quick sand for sale in Alligator Alley.  The guy ALWAYS worked hard so what was the game changer????  Do you think Pittsburgh suddenly lost access to black market PEDs and experts at how to beat the tests.  And what would make Harrison's wife need a battered women's shelter and its ongoing domestic violence support group/counseling all within these same periods?  The Gazette said Harrison took the head hunting fine money the fans contributed and donated it to battered women's shelter and domestic violence support group his wife has needed all the while Harrison did it the Steeler way. The Pittsburgh Fag (Stink) doesn't have the reading comprehension to understand that plus he has too much denial to WANT to accept it.  Everyone knows Harrison has been the biggest junkie in Pro Football for years.  People can pass outdated drug tests all the time.  It's not as hard as you think.  I got quite an education from a kid in foster care when I complimented his efforts to accomplish passing drug tests.  The NFL drug testing today is a joke and it's been for a while. 

Anyway, what makes you think someone that has played for an elite NFL program sees a team he has hated in the midst of 1-30 football and comes to the about-face conclusion of "I want me some Cleveland Browns careersies?"  I know the idea of him coming here excited you but you gotta whole picture this thing past your emotions here.  Unlike the trolls that visit, I enjoy what you offer this board.  You're here for the right reasons and you make a lot of good posts. 

Just say this Tom.As a serious cyclist- always wanted to believe Lance Armstrong won all those Tours on the up and up. Turns out he was one of the best PED cheaters in the history of pro sports. 

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Are they really saying that Shazier's career is likely over? 

They're not saying one way or the other.

During the Pats game seeing him rock back and forth in his wheelchair, all smiles, plus the fact that he entered rehab so quickly after such a surgery, gives me the impression he'll be fine and will lead a normal life.

A life playing football however? Not so sure.

18 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

They're not saying one way or the other.

During the Pats game seeing him rock back and forth in his wheelchair, all smiles, plus the fact that he entered rehab so quickly after such a surgery, gives me the impression he'll be fine and will lead a normal life.

A life playing football however? Not so sure.

Too bad.....despite my position of "rooting for the meat wagon" when the Steelers play...that is just talk.  While I may be fine with these guy suffering a knee, ankle, collarbone injury....I don't want to see this kind of thing.  Like I said....I just think that it was his instinct taking over on that play.

Question though....with this and the release of HGHarrison....Steelers are down two LBs.   What did they do to replace them?

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are they really saying that Shazier's career is likely over? 

yeah his careers over. I mean even if he all of a sudden sobered up and started tackling people right, he gets jarred again and perhaps it's permanent paralysis next time. But with his tackling style? He wouldn't last half a season. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/james-harrison-spotted-in-boston-could-he-join-patriots/ar-BBHo247?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Harrison talking to patriots. Ofc BB also wants him for what he knows about the Pgh offense. But if he goes to NE and gets him another ring and contributes.....man I'm gonna clown on some of you. Remember how Joey Bosa wasn't gonna amt to much in this league? Now most sacks ever over a 2 year stretch or some sht like that. The shortsightedness of this fanbase sometimes amazes me, but not much anymore you get used to it. 

Like literally a day or so after "nahhh what could he possibly offer the browns"...he's in NE. When I was clamoring for us to sign Long, not just cause he obviously has a lot left in the tank but we have his old DC Williams now....."nahhhh, he's all warshed up and such". And now he's contributing nicely on one of the best defensive's in the NFL. He would have been awesome here opp garrett. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am going to make a Wild buttocks prediction:   These two team will NOT meet in the playoffs....so, if in fact this was just a move to try to get info on the Steelers out of HGHarrison... it will be superfluous.

I will leave the predictions to you sir.  I hope you are right.  I do not want to see PIT play at NE.  I don't make predictions because I am always wrong.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am going to make a Wild buttocks prediction:   These two team will NOT meet in the playoffs....so, if in fact this was just a move to try to get info on the Steelers out of HGHarrison... it will be superfluous.

Who do you think will knock off the Pats?

On 12/24/2017 at 7:06 AM, boo fagley said:

Right before Christmas.

Stay classy Pittsburgh.

He was cut because Gilbert was coming back from suspension. He's strictly a pass rusher and if he plays for ne much it will be against the chiefs assuming they maybe play. He owns fisher their left tackle. The steelers ask their linebackers to drop in coverage a lot now and Harrison is too slow and because watt by all intents and purposes has been fantastic James was expendable. Business is business. I'm sick over it but he got cut because we needed the roster spot and he was unhappy with his lack of playing time.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Kansas City?   They did it earlier this year.

And the Jags hammer the Steelers....as they did earlier this year.

Jags vs. Chiefs...AFC title game?

Ben was off his game the whole season up to the jags game. He's playing like the Ben of old now. I don't want to play Jacksonville because of that secondary but don't act like the steelers are playing the same way anymore. Ben has been a wrecking ball since that game.

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Like literally a day or so after "nahhh what could he possibly offer the browns"...he's in NE. When I was clamoring for us to sign Long, not just cause he obviously has a lot left in the tank but we have his old DC Williams now....."nahhhh, he's all warshed up and such". And now he's contributing nicely on one of the best defensive's in the NFL. He would have been awesome here opp garrett. 

Pleeezzz. When our objective Steeler fan here says Harrison is too old and slow- that's all you need to know about Jimmy. Contributing nicely? For one or two plays? And I totally agree with Gipper- the Pats mainly signed Harrison for any possible information they can get out of him about the Pittsburgh defense should they meet in the AFC Championship game.  

If you didn't notice- every team in the League- not just the Browns- passed on Harrison when he went on waivers. btw, Harrison will be 40 before the 2018 season starts, our own Iron Man Clay Matthews made it to 40 playing with the Falcons, but he was mostly a sideline spectator. Harrison totally doesn't fit in the Browns- or any other team's plans next season. He was so valuable, the Steelers were paying him near vet minimum. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It would make me happy Gip, but the likely scenario is a Pats-Steelers rematch. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He was cut because Gilbert was coming back from suspension. He's strictly a pass rusher and if he plays for ne much it will be against the chiefs assuming they maybe play. He owns fisher their left tackle. The steelers ask their linebackers to drop in coverage a lot now and Harrison is too slow and because watt by all intents and purposes has been fantastic James was expendable. Business is business. I'm sick over it but he got cut because we needed the roster spot and he was unhappy with his lack of playing time.

Gilbert?  As in Justin Gilbert?   He is back playing for you?   You're going to lose.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Ben was off his game the whole season up to the jags game. He's playing like the Ben of old now. I don't want to play Jacksonville because of that secondary but don't act like the steelers are playing the same way anymore. Ben has been a wrecking ball since that game.

That score was like 44-7, no?   No amount of "being off his game" explains that.  And BR being off his game doesn't explain how the defense got beat like a rented mule.

And...oh, yea....no Ant. Brown?  What will the Jags secondary do to the Steelers without AB.....when he played earlier...and it was like 44-7.

Archived