THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison released by steelers.

Clevfan4life

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Pleeezzz. When our objective Steeler fan here says Harrison is too old and slow- that's all you need to know about Jimmy. Contributing nicely? For one or two plays? And I totally agree with Gipper- the Pats mainly signed Harrison for any possible information they can get out of him about the Pittsburgh defense should they meet in the AFC Championship game.  

If you didn't notice- every team in the League- not just the Browns- passed on Harrison when he went on waivers. btw, Harrison will be 40 before the 2018 season starts, our own Iron Man Clay Matthews made it to 40 playing with the Falcons, but he was mostly a sideline spectator. Harrison totally doesn't fit in the Browns- or any other team's plans next season. He was so valuable, the Steelers were paying him near vet minimum. 

It would make me happy Gip, but the likely scenario is a Pats-Steelers rematch. 

It is only likely because those teams have the best two records.   That does not account for the matchups however.  As was seen earlier....the Chiefs match up well vs. the Pats....and the Jags match up well vs. the Squibs.

I don't think by any means that the Pats and Steelers will just roll into the AFC title game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steelers are the best team in the AFC. Nobody is going to keep them out of the AFC championship game.

Harrison was a great pick up for the Patriots, both for the playoffs and for next year.

Only a Browns fan sees no value in this great player.

8 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

The Steelers are the best team in the AFC. Nobody is going to keep them out of the AFC championship game.

Harrison was a great pick up for the Patriots, both for the playoffs and for next year.

ah Shmuck man he is so old they will keep him for the play off run then bb will cut him before the super bowl

11 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Apparently not.....since he passed waivers of ALL of the other 31 teams.  If I am not mistaken.....if a player is released, teams get a crack at signing him....at his current contract... (which in the case of Harrison was I believe minimal)  in the order of standings.  Yes, the Browns...who had first crack at him due to their record, did pass....but then so did every other single team.  After ALL other teams passed on him....he was free to sign with whichever team made him an offer.  In essence, he became a free agent.

The Pats then  gave him whatever they agreed on....which was a 1 year....minimum salary deal.  In reality....it is a one game deal, plus whatever they can possibly squeeze out of him in the playoffs.  And as noted...the Pats got him more for the right to pick his brain if they met the Steelers than for his stellar play all year long.    I heard someone say that he was only in on 40 plays all year long.  What kind of "great value" does a 40 play guy in  a year have?   That is Cody Kessler country.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dingdingding!!

i mean jesus christ its not "just" about field production....its about revamping our fukking lockeroom. How none of u get this, besides ghoolie, is beyond me. Harrison is  an old school ngr. We need old school kunts like him running the lockeroom. Only browns fans can complain on one hand about a losing give nonfuks culture where everyone laugh on the sideline losing by 50 and its all golly gees and awww shucks after the game with gated rivals......and on the other hand say "nahhh we dont need that here in clev" when we talk about burfict and harrison. Retarded

34 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dingdingding!!

i mean jesus christ its not "just" about field production....its about revamping our fukking lockeroom. How none of u get this, besides ghoolie, is beyond me. Harrison is  an old school ngr. We need old school kunts like him running the lockeroom. Only browns fans can complain on one hand about a losing give nonfuks culture where everyone laugh on the sideline losing by 50 and its all golly gees and awww shucks after the game with gated rivals......and on the other hand say "nahhh we dont need that here in clev" when we talk about burfict and harrison. Retarded

You're about the only one wanting to bring a thug mentality to Cleveland. Harrison is done guy. Even in the locker room. 

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You're about the only one wanting to bring a thug mentality to Cleveland. Harrison is done guy. Even in the locker room. 

Bill Belichik is on the verge of a potential 6th Superbowl. Hey Larry, do you remember arguing with me about Corey Dillon? Yeah, you told me Belichik screwed himself and was going to get a real dose of a bad element. Next thing you know, Dillon is considered for MVP of SB 39. Here is a tip for you...........Belichik schidts more football knowledge than you have ever gained.

Larry, you would be really good at putting together a homosexual boys choir.

Harrison is a thug? WTF do you think the NFL is? A sport of which championships are won by gentlemen? Instead of badazzes, we have a homosexual Zumba instructor who is in pain because his ballet slippers are laced too tightly. Perhaps you can get with Jack Lambert and Haslam and convince the Browns players all to wear pantyhose?

Harrison can flat out play. At his age, he is still 10 times better than any defensive player the Browns have had since 1999.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:02 PM, syd said:

i am sure he will be gone after the year is over

You are "SURE"..............because once again you don't want to see the Browns looking like asssholes watching the rest of the NFL sizzle while Cleveland sees how far a dildo can be inserted up their own asss. After the year is over? Dude, you can't guarantee ANYONE won't be gone after the year is over. Belichik signed him for NOW...............TODAY...................................Belichik doesn't acquire players for tomorrow. He wins in the here and now................when it matters. I promise you, Harrison will give headaches to Patriot opponents. THAT, and only THAT is why the greatest coach of all time ( yes, Paul Brown sniffs Bills jockstrap) snapped him up. Harrison is a football player. 

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Justin Gilbert? waiver playing for you?   You'makere  going to lose.

Starting RT Marcus Gilbert...of course returning from PED suspension

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Apparently not..f...since he passed waivers of ALL of the other 31 teams.  If I am not mistaken.....if a player is released, teams get a crack at signing him....at his current contract... (which in the case of Harrison was I believe minimal)  in the order of standings.  Yes, the Browns...who had first crack at him due to their record, did pass....but then so did every other single team.  After ALL other teams passed on him....he was free to sign with whichever team made him an offer.  In essence, he became a free agent.

The Pats then  gave him whatever they agreed on....which was a 1 year..

Harrison is a 4 year vested player..His agent makes the call to Harrison's team interest..if under 4 years in league than 32 team waivier Wire is used

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

You are "SURE"..............because once again you don't want to see the Browns looking like asssholes watching the rest of the NFL sizzle while Cleveland sees how far a dildo can be inserted up their own asss. After the year is over? Dude, you can't guarantee ANYONE won't be gone after the year is over. Belichik signed him for NOW...............TODAY...................................Belichik doesn't acquire players for tomorrow. He wins in the here and now................when it matters. I promise you, Harrison will give headaches to Patriot opponents. THAT, and only THAT is why the greatest coach of all time ( yes, Paul Brown sniffs Bills jockstrap) snapped him up. Harrison is a football player. 

dude is like 100 years old in football player years f.u.c.k him

1 hour ago, syd said:

dude is like 100 years old in football player years f.u.c.k him

and he's still like, umm, the strongest player in the NFL. The steelers just didn't see a place for him with Watt and Dupree healthy. I heard on the radio what a master stroke the Harrison signing was for a reason I didn't consider....if Dupree or Watt get hurt, the steelers can't bring Harrison back now off waivers. I guess I kind of understand the Steelers point....they had to have secondary depth. But if one of their OLB'ers get hurt it's a huge dildo they're gonna have to take in not having Harrison on standby. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

yeah and I really dont' understand why. I'm tired of watching teams take cheap shots on the browns and acting like it's an automatic win...which ofc it is but I'm still sick of them acting like it. I want James Harrison and/or Vontaze Burfict in this organization at some point. 

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Kicked to the curb before Santa had a chance to come down the chimney is cold.

Harrison will be playing vs the Steelers assuming both teams meet again. With his knowledge of the Steelers offense and defense he wont be sitting on the bench. I would surmise that he will be mad. I would be after the shabby treatment by the Steelers.

Harrison will be situational player.

He forced his way out. The team is actually pissed at him. Get on Twitter. Read bud Dupree for example.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

and he's still like, umm, the strongest player in the NFL. The steelers just didn't see a place for him with Watt and Dupree healthy. I heard on the radio what a master stroke the Harrison signing was for a reason I didn't consider....if Dupree or Watt get hurt, the steelers can't bring Harrison back now off waivers. I guess I kind of understand the Steelers point....they had to have secondary depth. But if one of their OLB'ers get hurt it's a huge dildo they're gonna have to take in not having Harrison on standby. 

We have moats and chickillo. He was cut because of our depth.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

He's not the only one. And it's not his fault if the old folks don't understand what the game is like today.

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Kansas City?   They did it earlier this year.

And the Jags hammer the Steelers....as they did earlier this year.

Jags vs. Chiefs...AFC title game?

Love to see KC beat NE, but KC beating NE again is wishful thinking.

Remember last year how Miami hammered the Steelers in the regular season?...the Steelers returned the favor when the teams met in the playoffs.

I have more confidence in the Steelers beating the Jags than I do KC beating the Pats.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

You are spot on  Ghoolie about Belicheck wanting to win now....but do you recall the first time Harrison was let go and signed with the Bungles? Didn't really do much and was let go. Harrison has always played in a 3-4 scheme.  Both Cincy and NE run a 4-3.

Should the Steelers and Pats meet, I hope Harrison has as much success against the Steelers as he did when he played for the bungles that one year...none whatsoever.

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dingdingding!!

The Browns FO....at least under Sashi......was the Logan's Run FO.....they were NOT going to have anyone over 30 on this team, so much as a guy pushing 40.    And I think Dorsey is clearly of the opinion that HGHarrison is washed up....so why bring him into this young team for a 1 game stint.  The Browns are likely to either draft an OLB or pick up a much younger one in FA.   The ONLY value this guy has in this league would be to a team like the Pats who may end up facing the Steelers in the playoffs.  Like I said, he is on a one game plus playoffs contract. Lets say the Steelers get bounced and the Pats never have to play them again...I think HGHarrison gets bounced from the Pats in that instance.

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Starting RT Marcus Gilbert...of course returning from PED suspension

OK, wrong Gilbert.   Whatever happened to Justin and his deal with the Steelers?

Harrison is a 4 year vested player..His agent makes the call to Harrison's team interest..if under 4 years in league than 32 team waivier Wire is used

OK...well....I still think it is a case of NO other team being interested.  And a case of his agent saying "pick Jim up...he can give you the dope on the Steeler's defense/offense".  Pats said OK...worth a shot for 1 game plus.

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He forced his way out. The team is actually pissed at him. Get on Twitter. Read bud Dupree for example.

Is it true that he only appeared in like 40 snaps all season?   He forced his way out by just being basically a rotting corpse taking up a roster spot. No surprise the Squibs dumped him....they probably never should have had him taking up roster space in the first place.  Like I said...his only value may be in giving a potential playoff opponent intelligence data.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Love to see KC beat NE, but KC beating NE again is wishful thinking.

Remember last year how Miami hammered the Steelers in the regular season?...the Steelers returned the favor when the teams met in the playoffs.

I have more confidence in the Steelers beating the Jags than I do KC beating the Pats.

We shall see.   The Jags defense is not the Dolphins. They are maneaters.  Sure, Munchak is a great OL coach and may be able handle the Jags for a while.  And BR will be BR.....but with no AB....it makes it a whole lot tougher. 

Archived