THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky and Garrett today the truth comes out

TopDawg31

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proof is in the pudding, we should have drafted Trubisky instead of 1 Tackle Texas.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

Trubisky would be out asfter this season just like kizer. We'd still be drafting a qb next year

Trubisky is a franchise QB Kizer can't even spell franchise.

Kizer probably would have lasted til the 4th round but that dumbass Sashi had to take him in the 2nd.

33 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Then act like it.

I pay my dues I have a right to say what I want, mr keyboard warrior too bad you cant handle the truth.

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

Trubisky is a franchise QB Kizer can't even spell franchise.

Triblowski sucks......he ain't a franchise QB.   He's a game manager at best with a nice running game and good defense and a coaching staff who is smart enough to put him in good situations, something our coaches can't figure out.  

Just now, Orion said:

As I said before LAST year's draft....When comparing the value/talent of a QB against one of the 11 players that tackle people, the QB has to be graded on a curve.

I think they are which is why QBs tend to go higher in the draft than they are rated.

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I think they are which is why QBs tend to go higher in the draft than they are rated.

I thought we picked one of the guys that tackle people.

6 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

I wanted trubisky #1, instead we ended up with a china doll with worthless production. Today the truth comes out.

Myles Garrett played nicely. Idiot penalties including the one that took his pick 6 away. I have reservations that he will ever be that Brice Smith #1 #1, but he has skills, and adds value. It makes him a Browns success story and a foundational piece we don't have to redo. I will ride hard on the kid, but he is on his way. He will jopefully be jere awhile.

Trubisky - great kid. I wanted him. What stands out to me is that his team doesn' make penalties and mistakes that require miracles to get out of. His game plan likewise plays to his strengths and is a well.coacjed offense.

Kiser-  Too many offensive/athletic talents to abandon. He is a good, clean cut kid, a hard worker and he seems to love the Browns. Don't know where he fits long term, but the kid is a keeper. Should the Browns give up on him they will live to regret it.

He can't pass the ball, then catch it and jold.on to it. His supporting cast is letting him down.

Time get rid of azzjoles like Kessler and Hogan and have a good Qb corps.

Hue - There is TALENT enough on this team to win some games. I wanted Hue fired at qtr 1 on his first preseason game because I recognized he made no improvements in penalties, ball handling, passive offense, bad blocks and tackles, and discipline.

I just don't understand how he still has a job and seeminly will in 2018. Our losses are largely due to him.

There is no need to rub salt into this season. Some of our players, including the ones I mentioned are fine players.

26 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Myles Garrett played nicely. Idiot penalties including the one that took his pick 6 away. I have reservations that he will ever be that Brice Smith #1 #1, but he has skills, and adds value. It makes him a Browns success story and a foundational piece we don't have to redo. I will ride hard on the kid, but he is on his way. He will jopefully be jere awhile.

Trubisky - great kid. I wanted him. What stands out to me is that his team doesn' make penalties and mistakes that require miracles to get out of. His game plan likewise plays to his strengths and is a well.coacjed offense.

Kiser-  Too many offensive/athletic talents to abandon. He is a good, clean cut kid, a hard worker and he seems to love the Browns. Don't know where he fits long term, but the kid is a keeper. Should the Browns give up on him they will live to regret it.

He can't pass the ball, then catch it and jold.on to it. His supporting cast is letting him down.

Hue - There is TALENT enough on this team to win some games. I wanted Hue fired at qtr 1 on his first preseason game because I recognized he made no improvements in penalties, ball handling, passive offense, bad blocks and tackles, and discipline.

I just don't understand how he still has a job and seeminly will in 2018. Our losses are largely due to him.

There is no need to rub salt into this season. Some of our players, including the ones I mentioned are fine players.

kizer is a f u c k i n g joke.  

CLE.gif
KIZ080286.png

DeShone Kizer  #7 QB

Cleveland Browns | Official Team Site

Height: 6-4   Weight: 233   Age: 21

Born: 1/3/1996 Toledo , OH

College: Notre Dame

Experience: Rookie

High School: Central Catholic HS [Toledo, OH]

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG

RECENT GAMESMORE
WK OPP RESULT Passing Rushing Fumbles
  Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
14 video.gif GB L  21-27 20 28 71.4 214 7.6 3 2 2 5 99.4 2 7 3.5 0 -- --

15 BAL L  10-27 20 37 54.1 146 3.9 0 2 2 10 41.0 7 35 5.0 0 1 1

16 video.gif @CHI L  3-20 18 36 50.0 182 5.1 0 2 1 4 41.7 3 8 2.7 0 -- --

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Passing Rushing Fumbles
  G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2017 Cleveland Browns 14 14 239 446 53.6 2,580 5.8 9 21 32 184 58.0 71 358 5.0 5 9 6

TOTAL 239 446 53.6 2,580 5.8 9 21 32 184 58.0 71 358 5.0 5 9 6

38 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Finally u give an objective analysis. We also have reservations about garrett, mainly on his ankle durability. He's shown he can still be productive tho even when not at 100%. Its one of those we shall see things, just like clowneys situation. But im glad ur acknowledging his raw skill set even if he ends up not veing durable enough to utilize his full range if skills. 

Ive been saying fir weeks now we need a veteran DE opposite him. Maybe ansah? I dunno, right now he looks to be the best FA DE. Or maybe we can trade for someone i dunno. Perhaps some team has a DE they know is leaving in a year so they'd be happy to get something for him before he bolts....id be happy to package some combo of og, nas and orchard for a legit top 10 DE. 

51 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Finally u give an objective analysis. We also have reservations about garrett, mainly on his ankle durability. He's shown he can still be productive tho even when not at 100%. Its one of those we shall see things, just like clowneys situation. But im glad ur acknowledging his raw skill set even if he ends up not veing durable enough to utilize his full range if skills. 

Ive been saying fir weeks now we need a veteran DE opposite him. Maybe ansah? I dunno, right now he looks to be the best FA DE. Or maybe we can trade for someone i dunno. Perhaps some team has a DE they know is leaving in a year so they'd be happy to get something for him before he bolts....id be happy to package some combo of og, nas and orchard for a legit top 10 DE. 

I haven't given up on Ogbah yet. The two just did not play enough games together due to injuries to each in turn. However I also think they need one more true pass rusher in the rotation besides them.

If Garrett can have 6 sacks being injured and missing half the season, it says a lot about our current roster's pass rushing ability. 

One of the biggest issues they have is lack of depth, so when guys get inured, they're down to rookies and 4th-6th rounders playing each snap, as opposed to rookies and 2nd -3rd rounders playing each snap. 

This narrative on Garrett being injured, really is horseschidt. This is similar to people saying that Kosar was the smartest QB in the league. It is something one can never defend. In Garretts case, I don't believe anyone here believes right now that he looks like a #1 #1 should look. He is okay, but nobody has been overwhelmed by his performance.

So, what do his fans do? Do they admit that he probably was taken way too high. OR............do they create and  believe a narrative that he is actually playing injured and when healthy next year, will be 2x better. Guys, even if he is 10 % better, he isn't exactly scaring anyone. He is an NFL caliber DE. He is NOT a monster of the midway, an intimidator or a game changer. Like him. That's fine, but don't make up pretend crap anout how he is going to become something he is not.

There is just as much probability that he is going to keep getting injured.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I haven't given up on Ogbah yet. The two just did not play enough games together due to injuries to each in turn. However I also think they need one more true pass rusher in the rotation besides them.

I've watched ogbahs technique in run defense and pass rushing....and that's why I'm not optimistic. I've watched too many pass rushers, some very physically gifted, come to Cleveland and not gain one iota of competency here. So basically once they get here that's pretty much it. Ogbah would be best suited to put on 10-15 lbs and move inside as a straight forward DT....he just cannot bend around the corner. He puts some weight on and perhaps his bulrush becomes more effective. Maybe. Nassib had a "decent" skillset but he's not strong and explosive enough to execute it properly. After 2 years i'm not sure he'll get there....are we gonna hang on to him for another 3 years waiting for him to make some hypothetical leap in strength and power? Ogbah had better be depth next year if he's even on the team. Frankly i'm only in the mood to see one of the 3 DE's we have excluding Garrett, on the team next year. I want a Veteran DE brought in like Ansah and some serious young talent brought in to compete for depth. Also would like to see us draft Joey's brother the following draft. 

13 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

This narrative on Garrett being injured, really is horseschidt. This is similar to people saying that Kosar was the smartest QB in the league. It is something one can never defend. In Garretts case, I don't believe anyone here believes right now that he looks like a #1 #1 should look. He is okay, but nobody has been overwhelmed by his performance.

So, what do his fans do? Do they admit that he probably was taken way too high. OR............do they create and  believe a narrative that he is actually playing injured and when healthy next year, will be 2x better. Guys, even if he is 10 % better, he isn't exactly scaring anyone. He is an NFL caliber DE. He is NOT a monster of the midway, an intimidator or a game changer. Like him. That's fine, but don't make up pretend crap anout how he is going to become something he is not.

There is just as much probability that he is going to keep getting injured.

the fact he hasn't been 100% isn't debateable. Watching him limp off the field a couple times this year is a clear indicator. People said this same stuff about Clowney when he came back from surgery and wasn't quite 100% yet. Once he did work his way back to healthy he was a monster as his original draft stock predicted. That's why it's a wait and see with Garrett. I mean if we get someone in here that's head and shoulders above him fine, obviously you replace a piece if a better piece comes along. Garretts skillset if we can pair him with a veteran DE, we really should have something special coming off the edges. 

Archived