THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky and Garrett today the truth comes out

TopDawg31

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Then act like it.

Oooh, ahh, 0-15 is just wonderful? Seriously, I'm not going to rub it in (much) on yet another pathetic performance. This dumpster fire that I used to get emotionally involved in isn't even worth getting upset over anymore when they lose another one. To be honest I missed watching almost all of the game travelling over to Indianapolis to spend Christmas Eve with the in laws. (Just got back) Know what? I didn't even care.  I've got the game on my DVR, and I'm not even sure I'm going to waste my time watching it. I was able to listen to much of the first half. Was talking with Flugels at halftime, and he filled me in on the beautiful interception in the End Zone. Saw some of the lowlights on NFLN. Told sister in law (Bears Fan) just watch, I feel a fumble near the goal line coming on. Bingo!!  Lining up offsides on a pick six. Football follies, it's getting funny. 

We'll see if Hue really will jump in the Lake- Dorsey might save him the ignominy by firing him first. 

& War- when the hardest of the hardcore fans don't care about the losses anymore, Jimmy has officially lost the fanbase. Like the Cubs of decades past, the Brown are now the "Lovable Losers". Expect to lose, a win is a bonus. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Oooh, ahh, 0-15 is just wonderful? Seriously, I'm not going to rub it in (much) on yet another pathetic performance. This dumpster fire that I used to get emotionally involved in isn't even worth getting upset over anymore when they lose another one. To be honest I missed watching almost all of the game travelling over to Indianapolis to spend Christmas Eve with the in laws. (Just got back) Know what? I didn't even care.  I've got the game on my DVR, and I'm not even sure I'm going to waste my time watching it. I was able to listen to much of the first half. Was talking with Flugels at halftime, and he filled me in on the beautiful interception in the End Zone. Saw some of the lowlights on NFLN. Told sister in law (Bears Fan) just watch, I feel a fumble near the goal line coming on. Bingo!!  Lining up offsides on a pick six. Football follies, it's getting funny. 

& War- when the hardest of the hardcore fans don't care about the losses anymore, Jimmy has officially lost the fanbase. Like the Cubs of decades past, the Brown are now the "Lovable Losers". Expect to lose, a win is a bonus. 

I was thinking the same lovable losers term yesterday. Baseball is different tho. For football,,,drop the lovable part. They have looked horrible, terrible and amateurish but certainly not lovable. So they're just losers. Go Cav's, Go Tribe... Browns???????!

37 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

THEY BOTH SUCK end thread

This thread will live in infamy.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

I haven't given up on Ogbah yet. The two just did not play enough games together due to injuries to each in turn. However I also think they need one more true pass rusher in the rotation besides them.

Interestingly, I listened to a couple.of.the games on Sirius radio but with the opponents announcers. They were all impressed with Ogbah and called him a one man wrecking crew

On 12/24/2017 at 11:35 PM, hoorta said:

We'll see if Hue really will jump in the Lake- Dorsey might save him the ignominy by firing him first. 

I didn't read most of this post. But as for the last couple lines. You're still here, so is "topdawg." Jimmy hasn't lost a thing.

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

I didn't read most of this post. But as for the last couple lines. You're still here, so is "topdawg." Jimmy hasn't lost a thing.

Did you happen to notice all of those empty seats?

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Interestingly, I listened to a couple.of.the games on Sirius radio but with the opponents announcers. They were all impressed with Ogbah and called him a one man wrecking crew

He does us no good if he is out injured.   So, he only has wrecked himself apparently.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Of all Ghoolie's fake accounts, you are the most mediocre.

Ghoolie's a legend, can't help that I'm a realist and see this Sheet show from the same perspective that he does. We are not the same, you are as blind about that as you are about all the Hall of Fame players that are currently on this roster. I have copied his 1 tackle texas nickname as it fits Garrett to a tee. 

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

Really? 

1) I didn't know that Jimmy takes a cut from The Browns Board..... Glad you set us straight.

2) All those empty seats and plummeting season ticket renewals...... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

3) All those empty seats resulting in lost parking revenue and concession sales..... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

4) People like me who didn't see a SINGLE phucking Browns snap last week for the 1st time since 1980ish....... and not because I was away from my TV, but because I watched EVERY single Rams snap instead..... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

5) People like me who no longer give a  s h i t  about this team, and while some will come back if the Browns ever resemble a real NFL team again, most of us will never come back because life is too short to to waste any more time and energy with this embarrassing "pro" sports franchise...... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

Yep Jimmy, you're doing great....... keep it up..... we'll all still be here no matter what..... You haven't lost a thing. 

20 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

you got sucked in by announcers who have nothing else to talk about when it comes to the browns. So one guy makes a good play and they give him an immediate 2 minute long straight **Mask** with some prostate play thrown in. I hear it every sunday. The fact is everyone on that team has made one or two good plays throughout the season. For every good play Ogbah's made, he's made countless mistakes in the run game and his edge rushing is nonexistent. He's a stiff, he has no idea how to go carve the edge. If he doesn't catch the RT with a straight bull...his rush is finished. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

you got sucked in by announcers who have nothing else to talk about when it comes to the browns. So one guy makes a good play and they give him an immediate 2 minute long straight **Mask** with some prostate play thrown in. I hear it every sunday. The fact is everyone on that team has made one or two good plays throughout the season. For every good play Ogbah's made, he's made countless mistakes in the run game and his edge rushing is nonexistent. He's a stiff, he has no idea how to go carve the edge. If he doesn't catch the RT with a straight bull...his rush is finished. 

I got sucked into nothing. Ogbah's number gets called a fukck lot more than Garrett's number does. NO matter what network you listen to. It is BROWNS fans who get sucked into propaganda. 0 -15, and you have the majority of Browns fans who believe this team is on the right path.

5 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Ghoolie's a legend, can't help that I'm a realist and see this Sheet show from the same perspective that he does. We are not the same, you are as blind about that as you are about all the Hall of Fame players that are currently on this roster. I have copied his 1 tackle texas nickname as it fits Garrett to a tee. 

Tops, ClevFan4Life is by the definition of his own screen name a simpleton who has no ability to think for himself. Not anywhere in his posts will you find him sharing a thought that was not shoved up his asss by some TV analyst. He has not had an original thought since he cried the day he squirted out of his Mother's asss.

He believes that anyone who agrees with me (99%) of this board, is me.

Year after year he comes in here only to see that everything I predicted in the direct contrast of all the experts, pans out. It is beyond his pea brain to accept my superiority, so like Zomblow creating fantasies about fighting me, this dikchead makes up a fantasy world in which 30% of the board is actually me. Never mind that I have never had an alternate screen name................. other than an obvious parody for a moment's joke.

He has refused to make a bet with me for $1,000 per accusation that every account he claims is me, is not. The IP address of these accounts are all different. Also, there is not one poster here who can even come close to cloaking themselves in my writing style. Remember, I am a published book author and magazine columnist with voluminous prints. My style is not something that a person of average intelligence can even approach. Clev has to have his caretaker read my posts and explain them to him. So don't worry about his accusations. Like Zomblow, he lives in a make-believe world.

I was a troll when I called for Hue to be fired after the first quarter of his first, 2016 pre-season game. Nobody is saying schidt now, are they?

Gate sales are part of the NFL revshare program. So no, Jimmy hasn’t really lost anything at all.

The Browns franchise has increased in value since he bought it so the idea that you guys think you can have any effect whatsoever on his profits is hilarious.

I will say it again - Jimmy doesn’t care that the old fogey fans stop going to the game.  We could sell zero tickets and he’d still make money. We could operate at 30% capacity for years and he’d still make money. 

Hate to break it to you, but this idea that boycotting the team will cause some wide-eyed cathartic realization is dumb.

12 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Gate sales are part of the NFL revshare program. So no, Jimmy hasn’t really lost anything at all.

The Browns franchise has increased in value since he bought it so the idea that you guys think you can have any effect whatsoever on his profits is hilarious.

I will say it again - Jimmy doesn’t care that the old fogey fans stop going to the game.  We could sell zero tickets and he’d still make money. We could operate at 30% capacity for years and he’d still make money. 

Hate to break it to you, but this idea that boycotting the team will cause some wide-eyed cathartic realization is dumb.

correct But the other owners do take notice of the Browns lack of revenue 

8 minutes ago, syd said:

correct But the other owners do take notice of the Browns lack of revenue 

If it ever gets to a point of being bad, yes. We’re still in the middle of the league in total home attendance and ahead of Cincy in % of capacity, despite our record.

It would take multiple consecutive last place attendance finishes to draw enough ire to move the franchise a la San Diego. We’re not there yet...and if we aren’t there after 1 win in two years, we never will be.

2 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

We’re not there yet...and if we aren’t there after 1 win in two years, we never will be.

That's the same sort of thing some of us old fogey fans said in '95 when rumors first surfaced the Browns would move...... 

I think this nearly 20 year horrible run could have long-term effects down the road. You are talking about a generation basically that hasn't seen a playoff win.

The Indians godawful 1960-1993 run is still felt to today. Sure, when the Tribe is really good, people come, but to consistently draw 25,000+ fans per game every year you need a good sized core of diehard fans. When a team is so consistently bad, so much an afterthought for so long, the diehard numbers dwindle. When the Indians have a mediocre stretch (which is still light years better than a typical Browns season '99 on) the season ticket base dwindles down to about 7000.

17 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Did you happen to notice all of those empty seats?

Have you seen this team? The fact that people even go to games at all at this point (as I've argued with Hoorta) is a testament to the fact Jimmy isn't losing them.

12 hours ago, D Bone said:

Really? 

1) I didn't know that Jimmy takes a cut from The Browns Board..... Glad you set us straight.

2) All those empty seats and plummeting season ticket renewals...... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

3) All those empty seats resulting in lost parking revenue and concession sales..... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

4) People like me who didn't see a SINGLE phucking Browns snap last week for the 1st time since 1980ish....... and not because I was away from my TV, but because I watched EVERY single Rams snap instead..... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

5) People like me who no longer give a  s h i t  about this team, and while some will come back if the Browns ever resemble a real NFL team again, most of us will never come back because life is too short to to waste any more time and energy with this embarrassing "pro" sports franchise...... and yet "Jimmy hasn't lost a thing"

Yep Jimmy, you're doing great....... keep it up..... we'll all still be here no matter what..... You haven't lost a thing. 

Did you say something?

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Have you seen this team? The fact that people even go to games at all at this point (as I've argued with Hoorta) is a testament to the fact Jimmy isn't losing them.

You’re delusional if you think years of losing hasn’t had an impact on their bottom line.

14 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

There may be something to it being about optics.  The NFL does not want to see empty stadiums on TV.  That is what is happening to the Browns.....and even if that situation is costing the NFL   a farthing they care about it.  (Who else cares so much about money than the NFL).

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

There may be something to it being about optics.  The NFL does not want to see empty stadiums on TV.  That is what is happening to the Browns.....and even if that situation is costing the NFL   a farthing they care about it.  (Who else cares so much about money than the NFL).

and sadly the Chargers can't sell out a 25,000 seat stadium. How does the NFL fix that?

19 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

and sadly the Chargers can't sell out a 25,000 seat stadium. How does the NFL fix that?

And they have been a fairly successful team....at least .500 no?

But OH!....when they get the new stadium that the Rams and Chargers will share...that will fix everything in LA!

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And they have been a fairly successful team....at least .500 no?

But OH!....when they get the new stadium that the Rams and Chargers will share...that will fix everything in LA!

My guess would be San Diego fixes their Shmuckup, and woos them back to SD. LA will only support the Rams

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

You’re delusional if you think years of losing hasn’t had an impact on their bottom line.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195255/revenue-of-the-cleveland-browns-since-2006/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/194456/franchise-value-of-the-cleveland-browns-since-2006/

On 12/27/2017 at 8:28 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Is the stadium half full or half empty.....................inquiring minds want to know.:P

It's like the old philosophical argument, "if a tree fell in the forest and no one heard it. Is there really a sound?" 

"If the Browns played a game and no one saw it, was it really a loss?" 

2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

TC, two thoughts. Regarding the increase in franchise value, that's not anything Jimmy has done. It's "the rising tide raises all the boats."

Second, I'm paying more for beer ($10 ripoff) and my tickets than I was 5 years ago.

The stadium looks empty because a lot of the season ticket holders aren't even bothering showing up for the games anymore. The 100 level is still 100% sold out. As I've tried to explain to War, those seats are being held on to in faint hopes of better days ahead.

21 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The Browns attendance is down roughly 60k annually. Without those asses in the seats, Jimmah can’t sell them $8 beers or $14 cheeseburgers. Not to mention the souvenirs and other trinkets. I share club seats with a couple of friends when I go to a game. There are large sections of the upper concourse that are now vacant and sit dark. You can’t tell me Jimmah is making as much profit as he used to with less fans. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/197355/nfl-regular-season-home-attendance-of-the-cleveland-browns-since-2006/

Archived