THE BROWNS BOARD

This isnt coaching...

Clevfan4life

1 hour ago, Clark W Griswold said:

There's plenty of blame to go around.  From Jimmy Haslam through the coaching staff down to the last guy in the practice roster.  A team can't be the worst team in NFL history without everyone making a contribution to the $hit show. 

This is the most accurate statement here in a while.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

You think the coaches havent raged against this noob mistakes?

Hasn't changed anything.  We do it all the time.   How much did the raging work after Nassib committed the after the play personal foul?    How much did he learn....he lined up a yard offsides.   Who cares if the coaches are "raging".....the coaches are lousy.  This is the 2nd to last game of the season and we still make stupid mistakes.  From the owner all the way to the practice squad players are responsible and they all suck.  Every last one of them.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

The point is coaching can only take u so far with sub par talent. Dorsey was 100% right. Guarantee he txted haslem after the game saying "told u"

I hope he said to him you have a loser HC on the sidelines and we need someone who actually wins more than he loses.  

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im sorry these players are just......i dunno. I want to strangle the fuk out of the FO people that are responsible for these players. No coach is going to win in this city with this constant clown show

sorry, it is coaching also...this is the worse fuking head coach i have seen...all he does is stand there and look confused...and you are not going to tell me the undiscipline play this yr has nothing to do with Shmucking coaching??????....they all fuking stink...the players and the coaching, and the moronic fukface jimmy slimeball hashit...

Some people seem to continue to underestimate the importance of coaching in football...

In the NFL right now, with the way the college game is played, you need coaches that understand what these player's strengths and weaknesses are coming into the league. The great coaches right now are designing/adapting their schemes to fit their players.  Hue is doing the exact opposite. 

With the continued influx of young talent this team will continue to bring in via the draft, Hue has no chance to win. He wants his players to play his scheme bc he seems to believe that is the only way to make this work. He seems to have no ability to adapt to his players.

Plus, we need a coach that emphasizes winning games no matter what it takes to pull it off. How many weeks last year did Hue say "it is not about winning right now..."  I'm sorry, then what the fudge are you here for? What kind of direction does that show?  

How many years will it take to build a roster that works in "Hue's system?" My guess... in all reality, it would take 5-6 years just to develop the roster plus 1-3 more years to get them to "gel."  

There are certainly people out there that can do a better job with our current assets, in a shorter time period...

Everyone has a euphemism, saying, or pet peeve that they think will fix the Browns. The guy who posted that it takes a lot of failures to contribute to this mess really hit the nail on the head. We have been bashing each other on the head for some time now, and even with some of the suggested changes being made, the outcome is different.

Whether it is poor talent, bad coaching, bad management, morale, discipline, ownership, play calling, attitude, or something else, the Cleveland Browns are a monumental disaster. Sadly, not one of us can make any single change, and as much as we think Dorsey is/isn't the right guy, none of us really have enough inside information to make a sensible analysis of this team.

In my mind, it is hard for me to see how 2018 will be much different, especially if Hue is the coach. His shortcomings have been shown for 2 years now, Dorkey's hiring won't change that. Likewise, Dorkey is not going to add new talent to substantially impact our roster. Unless he unloads everyone a al Chuck Nolte..........

There is just something weird going on with the Browns. How in the fukck can one team continually make monumental mistakes while playing good enough to be in a winning position? How many fumbles can you have while crossing in for a touchdown? This isn't anger inducing............we are the fukcking Rubiks Hube of the NFL.

As of this moment I am still Pollyanna. Even though I want a top quarterback prospect I remember every year discussions about almost every Pro Bowl and Hall of Fame quarterbacks terrible first season. No reason that wouldn't carry over to position players terrible first seasons. As the youngest team in the league by far there has to be some talent that will improve. I do believe that when that happens things will start to look a lot better very quickly.

I do believe that the biggest reason for failure was cutting key players who may not have been world class but still able to contribute.

I do hope that a real GM will make the right decisions.

WSS

I honestly don't think that the talent on this team is that bad....overall talentwise.   I said before the season that the Browns have talent parity with most of the other teams in the AFCN........at many positions.   But where did not have talent parity were at the two most critical positions:   Head coach and QB.  I also thought they were deficient a bit at WR....and particularly in the defensive backfield. 

This was my preseason statement, and I still believe that.   Our QB has lost us innumerable games that our talent could have possibly won.  Our HC has lost us a number of games that the talent was worthy of winning. 

Injuries have hurt as well.   Losing JT, Collins, Ogbah...and others hurt badly.  (but yes, I know all teams have injuries...but I am saying that this team could not afford them.)  I really think that this team could have been what I predicted them to be:  5-11  6-10.    I could not predict how utterly incompetent our QB, HC and DBs would be.  

Fix those 3 positions (and hope to stay healthey) ...and I think this team is competitive.

But....I did  a thread recently on what the Best  HC/QB combinations in history were, and what the worst were.   

And does anyone here disagree that the Hue Jackson/DeShone Kizer HC/QB combination may be the worst in NFL history?

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Everyone has a euphemism, saying, or pet peeve that they think will fix the Browns. The guy who posted that it takes a lot of failures to contribute to this mess really hit the nail on the head. We have been bashing each other on the head for some time now, and even with some of the suggested changes being made, the outcome is different.

Whether it is poor talent, bad coaching, bad management, morale, discipline, ownership, play calling, attitude, or something else, the Cleveland Browns are a monumental disaster. Sadly, not one of us can make any single change, and as much as we think Dorsey is/isn't the right guy, none of us really have enough inside information to make a sensible analysis of this team.

In my mind, it is hard for me to see how 2018 will be much different, especially if Hue is the coach. His shortcomings have been shown for 2 years now, Dorkey's hiring won't change that. Likewise, Dorkey is not going to add new talent to substantially impact our roster. Unless he unloads everyone a al Chuck Nolte..........

There is just something weird going on with the Browns. How in the fukck can one team continually make monumental mistakes while playing good enough to be in a winning position? How many fumbles can you have while crossing in for a touchdown? This isn't anger inducing............we are the fukcking Rubiks Hube of the NFL.

I prefer to think on the positive side. We are the poster boys for bringing back the old "Football Follies", but this time it stars only one team with maybe occasion guest appearances with other teams who emulate our very best of the best. The fumble Sunday as he was trying to get in to score would qualify. Or the pitch-out option play earlier in the season would be there as well. Someone should be able to view all 31 of our losses these past two years and come up with dozens of screw-ups that would give us a half hour program every week throughout the off season. It is just absolutely uncanny.

EDIT: And we can include in the follies the coaching clock, timeout and play mismanagement of Baby Huey a.k.a. 8 ball.

Archived