THE BROWNS BOARD

If Rosen stays for one more year, which QB are you taking?

Soju

Then you have to guess if Darnold also stays in school.

EDIT: Decisions by both also depend upon whether Browns find a FA QB or trade for one. Find the right mentor and one or both might just come out for the $$ knowing they will be groomed instead of thrown to the lions.

Even though it is something of a crapshoot I heard one analyst the other day talking about Josh Allen being the Dark Horse. Rosen would be a moron if he decided to hold out for another year. We could actually see how serious the Giants are maybe they would trade up. We can still have Allen or even Darnold. 

I can certainly sympathize with somebody not wanting to play for the Cleveland Browns in the state they've been in for quite a while. Still being the number one pick in the draft has to have some kind of attraction and the way the team should be loaded after this draft has to be a good sign. And I'd like to see an attitude like the kid has enough confidence in himself to think he could turn this mess around.

WSS

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-washington-20171028-story.html

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/25/16698098/josh-rosen-injury-ucla-california

gets injured. concussion now, finger another time, etc.

Last year - a shoulder nerve injury... could be one hit away from ending his career.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/01/reports-nerve-issue-will-likely-sideline-josh-rosen-for-rest-of-year/

Reports: Nerve issue will likely sideline Josh Rosen for rest of year

interesting - one of the comments after the article:

"nobody likes this kid "

Darnold if he declares for draft, if not, then Josh Allen.  Baker Mayfield has off-field maturity crap going on.  Who knows, could just wait and take Rosen first pick in 2019. Ha ha!

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-washington-20171028-story.html

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/25/16698098/josh-rosen-injury-ucla-california

gets injured. concussion now, finger another time, etc.

Last year - a shoulder nerve injury... could be one hit away from ending his career.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/01/reports-nerve-issue-will-likely-sideline-josh-rosen-for-rest-of-year/

Reports: Nerve issue will likely sideline Josh Rosen for rest of year

interesting - one of the comments after the article:

"nobody likes this kid "

Cal you're as bad with Rosen as PO is with Hogan- except in a negative way. 

we just watched a whole season of Josh Allen, stay the Shmuck away from that Sheet.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Cal you're as bad with Rosen as PO is with Hogan- except in a negative way. 

it is a good thing to be the exact opposite of po. With all the stats/#1 passer by "experts" rosen worship all around...I'm just bringing

up a legit pointsies, Ryan Leaf. Jeff George. This means, I am being fair and balanced by presenting the flip side to the other side...

Ryan...Leaf. Jeff ...George. Happy New Year !

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

it is a good thing to be the exact opposite of po. With all the stats/#1 passer by "experts" rosen worship all around...I'm just bringing

up a legit pointsies, Ryan Leaf. Jeff George. This means, I am being fair and balanced by presenting the flip side to the other side...

Just be thankful there's other options besides Rosen out there in 2018. 

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Trust me, no one "worships" Rosen on this board as much as you hate on him, or as much as you adore Josh Allen.

3 hours ago, Kennel Club said:

It's got to be Baker Mayfield........I think? ;)

I haven't made much of a secret I like what I"ve seen of Mayfield- so far. Ask me what I think in a few weeks after the playoffs.   

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I haven't made much of a secret I like what I"ve seen of Mayfield- so far. Ask me what I think in a few weeks after the playoffs.   

Mayfield - outside of some serious mistakes he made in college - you have to look at everything about him - does he never get in trouble again the rest of his life? He certainly is a player, he has outstanding leaderhip, intangibles, and a lot of people love the guy. One point, though - he has arguably the very best offensive line in college football.... I like Thorson, Drew Lock, Allen, and Tanner Lee, of Nebraska. I even like Rudolph later. I never heard of Tour's guy, Benkert, but he is also on my list now.

Even Luke Falk, who some compare to Kirk Cousins. Allen, Lock, Darnold, Tanner Lee are my favorite qb's in this draft.   I just have been having fun with countering the consensus? #1 qb overall, because he is said to be the best pure pocket passer.  We'll see how the draft goes. I just don't jump on bandwagons, that's all.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/after-earning-trust-husker-quarterback-tanner-lee-turns-his-focus/article_ea415717-7d21-5bcf-b17f-318bd8dd63be.html

Maybe we can pull a Sashi Brown and trade our first two picks for some magic beans and a broken QB like Luck.  At least we will get even more draft picks for 2019 and 2020 then we can accumulate more draft picks by trading our first draft pick in 2020 for a first round in 2021, then we can trade our........  It will never end and all Browns fans will always think of next year that will be our year.  By 2025 maybe we can look forward to the St. Louis Browns!!! 

2 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

Maybe we can pull a Sashi Brown and trade our first two picks for some magic beans and a broken QB like Luck.  At least we will get even more draft picks for 2019 and 2020 then we can accumulate more draft picks by trading our first draft pick in 2020 for a first round in 2021, then we can trade our........  It will never end and all Browns fans will always think of next year that will be our year.  By 2025 maybe we can look forward to the St. Louis Browns!!! 

St. Louis Browns?

It's like that sounds familiar... ;)

5 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If Hue is the coach. It won’t matter.  They will go 0-16 again. 

FIRE HUE !!!!!!

Do you want the Browns to fire Hue and the coaching staff?

I mean, the dozens of times you've wrote it in the last 24 hours still has me wondering...

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

One more time, anybody know the particulars here?

WSS

Hey Steve- the Manning thing is just a Google away. 2004 draft- Chargers were #1 overall, Giants #4. For all intents and purposes, they swapped picks. 

Giants got Manning, Chargers got Rivers + a bunch of picks that turned into 2004 3rd, 2005 1st, and 2005 5th. Shawn Merriman, Nate Kaeding, and Roman Oben. 

MHO? If Rosen pulls a Manning, We swap picks with the Giants, move down from #1 to #2, take the QB they don't want (a Wentz level QB would be looking pretty good for the Browns now) and the Giants give us their 2019 first round pick. No deal? tough stuff Josh. 

PS- with Rosen getting concussed this year- and dinged previously, well there's the injury red flags. 

Archived