THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns are on the clock!

PoeticG

Alex Smith, draft a QB and sit him behind Smith for 2 seasons and other first round pick pick take Barkley ..... concentrate on offense ....

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/28/2017 at 6:51 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Here is Smith's current contract-not sure how it works if we want to trade for him or when we can start that process. Anyone got an answer?

EDIT: I'm looking forward to see how Darnold does against OSU tomorrow night. Major audition!

lol... how'd that go for Darnold?

Deals can't "get done" before the start of the league year, but discussions start much sooner and can be done "in principle" weeks ahead of the start time.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:51 AM, jiggins7919 said:

John Dorsey drafted Pat Mahomes last year, and the guy who most resembles him in the draft might be Baker Mayfield. Obviously they differ in size and arm strength, but I think their style is somewhat comparable. Could Baker be the guy coming to town?

My fear...

On 12/29/2017 at 9:44 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

And if (JFF) plays well maybe 4 years from now when he is likely a free agent we have a shot at:

lol... maybe by then his mustache fills in...

my Hopes are 

rd 1

#1 Saquan Barkley

#4 Minkah Fitzpatrick

rd 2

#33 Baker Mayfield

#35 Orlando Brown/Clelin Ferrell

Offseason 

Martavia Bryant. Richard Sherman. i personally dont want to change the defense too much. With how poor the offense was. The defense being on the field more often then they should have been. They played well.

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... nothing better than a GM with a one-player fixation...

Oh god this is going to be a long offseason, longer than last year. 

Now watching NDs WR Equanimeous St. Brown---already one nice long toe tapper on the sidelines. Had gotten past defenders on an underthrow he came back to get.

Good defense for LSU so an excellent test of his skills to get open.

Be sure to watch Baker Mayfield today in the Rose Bowl at 5pm and let's get a glimpse of what may be... 

BTW- Hogan won the Rose Bowl 2 times when he was at Stanford. 

Would love to see Hogan start next year with Mayfield learning at the Pro Level. Pick up another offensive weapon in the first at #4 and let the game begin. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Be sure to watch Baker Mayfield today in the Rose Bowl at 5pm and let's get a glimpse of what may be... 

BTW- Hogan won the Rose Bowl 2 times when he was at Stanford. 

Would love to see Hogan start next year with Mayfield learning at the Pro Level. Pick up another offensive weapon in the first at #4 and let the game begin. 

That's too funny, those two games were not CFP semi finals or finals. Hogan not really the veteran i had in mind to mentor Mayfield.

On 12/31/2017 at 2:18 PM, Suomi said:

I'd prefer that the Browns sign Kirk Cousins and draft Saquon Barkley and Minkah Fitzpatrick in the top 4.  If possible, trade out of the top pick while still getting these guys.

I'm desperate for an elite QB.  Pick up Cousins AND one of the top QB's at the draft to go along with Kizer.  Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if they picked up Cousins and drafted two QB's with the #1+#4..:lol:

27 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

That DL for Bama, R.Davis I believe, looks like a man among boys on that line  6'7 306   Any info on him?

Bama's whole defense is so f'n quick and fast it'll make your head spin. All those 5***** players pay off. Tony Brown is not even a star but was considered to be the best overall player in Texas the year he signed with Bama as a 5***** DB.

EDIT: I'd love to pick up Fitzpatrick. He operates the Bama defense like he was the DC on the field. Diagnoses what's going on and call the plays for the D. One smart guy with a ton of talent to go with it.

10 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

what was sashi thinking?

He was sitting in a bar drinking with Johnny, the Homeless Guy staggered, in and told him "ya gotta draft Kizer".   :lol:

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wentz was not Wentz when he was coming out either.

I bet that by draft day, Allen is Wentz...

38 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Wentz was not Wentz when he was coming out either.

I bet that by draft day, Allen is Wentz...

There is no way in hell Allen is Wentz War. I watched everything I could about Carson at ND State. Are their college games similar? Stylistically, yes. But the difference is Allen is a scattershot cannon in comparison to Wentz. You want to draft Deshone Kizer II? Allen is your guy. If his completion % doesn't scare you- it sure does me. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

There is no way in hell Allen is Wentz War. I watched everything I could about Carson at ND State. Are their college games similar? Stylistically, yes. But the difference is Allen is a scattershot cannon in comparison to Wentz. You want to draft Deshone Kizer II? Allen is your guy. If his completion % doesn't scare you- it sure does me. 

+1-----------if Dorsey takes this guy we are toast for another 10 years. He's a disaster waiting to happen only because he looks (but not plays) the part. On the plus side we would have a new team song.:P

Archived