THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns are on the clock!

PoeticG

Just now, PoeticG said:

All right, after the first play-through, feeling pretty confident that we can get this fixed really soon. Here's what I came up with...

Nfl Draft Game 2018
Logged in as: PoeticG

Your Team: Cleveland Browns
GAME OVER!

Your score is: 20996 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Vita Vea, DT, Washington (B)

Haha! Didn't even notice that I had the number 22 AGAIN! This time we picked up the "anti-QB", hopefully it works out! :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Vita Vea, DT, Washington (B)
Round 2 Pick 1: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 3 (IND): Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 4: Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 12 (CINN): Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (CINN): Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas (A)
Round 5 Pick 1: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6 (NYJ): Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (A-)
Round 7 Pick 18 (NYJ): Aidan Schneider, K, Oregon (A)

Rookies in Bold - new Vets underlined

Roster 2018 -minus the FAs

QB- McCarron, Hogan, Mayfield

RB- Barkley, Johnson, Scarbrough

WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Cobbs Jr, Higgins, Louis

TE- Njoku, DeValve, Telfer

OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Ragnow, Tretter, Zeitler, Coleman, Drango

DL- Garrett, Vea, Shelton, Ogbah, Hubbard, Nassib, Orchard, 

LB- Kirksey, Schobert, Smith, Collins

CB- McCourty, Taylor, Calhoun, Jackson, Oliver

S- Harrison, Allen, Kindred, Peppers

K- Gonz/Schieider

P- N/A 

Pretty much touched on the whole team. Improved across the board. 

17 hours ago, JimboJones said:

I thought about that but elite Safeties like Thomas usually play at a pretty high level into their mid 30's and in rare cases like Charles Woodson, they make the Pro Bowl at 39 lol.

I think we have enough draft picks this year and last year to get a ton of top young talent, but maybe they need some elite vets like Thomas and a wildcard like Sherman who may or may not still be a shutdown corner after his surgery.  Not often are players who are considered one of the best of all time at their position become available in their prime.

We'd still be getting the #18 overall which is a VERY great talent and every year a stud drops to around that point who has the talent to go top 10.

Give a third rounder for him...maybe.  Nothing above that.

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a-goin' on here?

Thought we were going to get a pick-by-pick documenting for a while...

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As long as we don't take Saquon Barkley #1 overall, I'm fine with your mental masturbation games. (actually, I could live with Barkley #1, Mayfield #4) I don't play that game- I'm with Gipper- I got better things to do with my time- like argue with Cal why I think Josh Allen is gonna suck as a pro.  :lol:

PS- real life, the pundits are saying Barkley falls no farther than #3 to the Colts, assuming they don't trade down. In that real life scenario should they trade down, we get the pick of the litter QB @ #1 overall, and get Saquon at #4, assuming we decide we'd rather go offense than defense (Fitzpatrick).  

PPS- Currently, I wouldn't be at all shocked if QBs go #1, #2, and #3. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

As long as we don't take Saquon Barkley #1 overall, I'm fine with the mental masturbation games. (actually, I could live with Barkley #1, Mayfield #4) I don't play that game- I'm with Gipper- I got better things to do with my time- like argue with Cal why I think Josh Allen is gonna suck as a pro.  :lol:

PS- real life, the pundits are saying Barkley falls no farther than #3 to the Colts, assuming they don't trade down. In that real life scenario should they trade down, we get the pick of the litter QB @ #1 overall, and get Saquon at #4, assuming we decide we'd rather go offense than defense (Fitzpatrick).  

Josh Allen will suck as a pro.  

I'd prefer QB at 1 (whoever Dorsey likes as long as it isn't Josh Kizer...I mean Allen)  and then I'd take Fitzpatrick at 4.   The ghost of Trent Richardson still haunts us to this day taking a RB that high in round 1 when there's plenty of top RB in the league taken in rounds 2 or 3.    A bit scared off by Barkley seemingly disappearing in games plenty of times this season. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm fine with your mental masturbation games. (actually, I could live with Barkley #1, Mayfield #4) I don't play that game- I'm with Gipper- I got better things to do with my time

Cleaning your navel? ;)

Game is pretty silly right now, but closer to the draft it has a place and as more and more evaluations come out and the sim gets more "realistic". It actually helps me think about priorities, the depth of various positions, etc.

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Cleaning your navel? ;)

Game is pretty silly right now, but closer to the draft it has a place and as more and more evaluations come out and the sim gets more "realistic". It actually helps me think about priorities, the depth of various positions, etc.

I like that you can simply click on a player's name and it will pretty much google him. Once the combine rolls around they usually attach the numbers right to the player. Pretty awesome game. Since I don't watch college, it helps me see who did what from where and how well. 

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This might actually be kinda fun, maybe I'll try it. :) 

Current Pick:
Round 1 Pick 1
Team: Browns

Cleveland Browns are on the clock.

Player Yr School Pos Proj Day
Baker Mayfield rSr Oklahoma QB 2
Jarrett Stidham rSo Auburn QB 2
Josh Allen rJr Wyoming QB 1
Josh Rosen Jr UCLA QB 1
Kurt Benkert rSr Virginia QB 3
Lamar Jackson Jr Louisville QB 1
Luke Falk rSr Washington State QB 2
Mason Rudolph Sr Oklahoma State QB 2
Matt Linehan rSr Idaho QB 3
Sam Darnold rSo Southern California QB 1

So, I get that some of you may not be into "games" or whatever. But, this isn't a game. This is the exact same thing that the NFL Front Offices are doing right now. They will work out each and every scenario and have a plan drawn up before the draft. The only difference is in the NFL you have "paid scouts" that bring their recommendations to you. You will have to do your own research. Might be surprised at what you find out. 

We have the first pick and we're on the clock- So here's a chart that shows the available QBs and their projected day of selection. Looking at this we see several interesting things.

First- Baker Mayfield being a projected 2nd day selection. Meaning a 2nd to 3rd round pick. If anything I would say at the latest he's an early 2nd round pick... or he could go #1. Reminds me so much of Johnny Manziel. Not always in a bad way though, he's interesting to say the least. Will be fun to watch the tape. 

That's the interesting thing about these drafts. It only takes one team to say, "We have to have this guy no matter what!" and they become a first round pick. Teams that fall in love with a guy and identify him as a must have, these guys may go a round earlier than expected because the team is going to go out of their way to pick him up. 

Second- There are nearly 5 QBs with a first round grade. Allen, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold and Mayfield. 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A+)
Round 1 Pick 24 (BUF): Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn (A-)
Round 2 Pick 4: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (B-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A-)

That looks like a heck of a first three rounds. I have to mention that I picked up two additional first round picks in next years draft(from Bills and the Jets) for a total of 3 firsts next year.

Maybe it takes drafting a Saint Brown in order to break the curse? 
He and Cobbs Jr. with Gordon, Coleman and Pryor could be interesting! 
Picked up Two QBs - Allen and Mayfield to fight for the job. 
Barkley is my MUST HAVE PLAYER, so much talent. He's Duke Johnson 3.14. 

Your Picks:
Round 4 Pick 1
Round 4 Pick 28
Round 5 Pick 1
Round 5 Pick 24
Round 6 Pick 1
Round 7 Pick 1

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2020 Round 1 Pick

We pick #1 and #4, only 2 players will be off the table when we're up the second time.

Worst case scenario, Darnold and Rosen go 2 and 3...

We could take Barkley and have our choice of the 3 other QBs or all the Defensive players.

I would be happy with that. Barkley and Mayfield #1 and #4 respectably. 

I feel that if we don't get Barkley 1st that he'll be gone at 3. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-combine-saquon-barkley-among-most-likely-to-blow-up-at-indianapolis/

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

Barkley's summer was filled with insane weightlifting sessions. Then more insane weight-lifting sessions. He can squat 525 pounds five times, and there's also video of him benching 225 pounds 30 times. Lastly, he reportedly was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash over the summer. Of course, those 40 times are always a tick faster when they're timed by a player's coaches, but, yeah, Barkley is a freak of nature. 

Barkley is a game changer. He's a key missing piece.

LOL - Funny~ 

Barkley and Mayfeild 1st round.

Take that to the bank and cash it.

Don't mess this up Dorsey. 

The success that Huston had when Watson was rising early in the season will pale in comparison to what Barkley and Mayfeild will bring to Cleveland. Throw some Peppers into the mix in the wild dawg... Damn, we'd be the ones laughing then. 

Decided to go offensive and see where it could take us. 

QB- Cousins/Hogan/Mayfield - Dalton or McCarron could be in play here for the FA veteran as well. I think we may keep Kizer on but I think that ships sailed, the thought of Kizer taking snaps behind center gives me the heebee jeebees. Moving forward. --->

RB- Barkley/Penny/Scarbrough

WR- Gordon/Cobbs/Washington/Coleman/Duke Johnson

OL- Thomas/Brown/Bitonio/Tretter/Zeitler/McGlinchey/Coleman

Your score is: 20939 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (B-)
Round 2 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 5 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (A)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

I'm for taking 2 of the best players in the draft that can changed the team immediately on both off and def.  You rarely get a chance of getting players as good as Barkley and Fitzpatrick.  They immediately totally change both sides of the ball.  With the depth of this draft through rounds three, you could and should build a winning team with the exception of a qb.  I wouldn't pass on either of these 2 to gamble on any qb who is not ready to play immediately in other words a project.  You have one of those already.  Surround him with quality players this year and see if he can play.  At the same time you can give all your young studs a year to get their feet wet and blend together.  You will then be ready to plug your future qb in, If it turns out not to be Kizer.   Keep in mind, lots of rookie qbs looked like busts their first year with a bad team, like Bradshaw and Aikman.  Personally, I would take Rudolph before the Steelers take and turn him into their next big strong pocket passer, which is what he will be.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:37 PM, PoeticG said:

Your Picks:

That looks like a heck of a first three rounds. I have to mention that I picked up two additional first round picks in next years draft(from Bills and the Jets) for a total of 3 firsts next year.

See PO- that's where this BS dramatically fails. Projecting trades. Wowie, I got a couple imaginary extra first round picks. Yawn. Go play Call of Duty or some other computer game instead. I may create a thread where those interested in playing against a computer can have fun. I'd as soon play chess or bridge against one. Barkley isn't going #1 to the Browns, I damn near guarantee it. The last running back that went #1 overall was KiJana Carter, and we know how that one turned out. Before that Bo Jackson.  That's two in the last 30+ years. 

Have fun playing imaginary games, and hope we don't draft another Trent Richardson with the #4 pick. 

I just don't get it the browns line sucks butt, And you guy want a rb? He's not going to do anything.  If watching the cowboys has taught us anything it's that even if your rb is elite he can't do Sheet without an elite line.  Zeek is the best all around back I have ever seen running catching blocking but with out his left tackle they struggled.  Dorsey will make great pick he's proved that especially in the later rounds finding diamonds in the rough.  But atleast the first three picks need to be qb center tackle period. 

Game Changer. Stud 3 down back. There is only one choice #1 overall- Barkley. 

We can take a gamble on any of the questionable QBs that fall to us at 4. MHO

Your score is: 21280 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Hercules Mataafa, OLB, Washington State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 24: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (A)

42 minutes ago, thenew23 said:

Your score is: 21280 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Hercules Mataafa, OLB, Washington State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 24: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (A)

We get our Aikman, Emmett, Irvin trio and a bunch of great players...

Lol...

This is nowhere near what the real draft will look like. Closer to draft time, this site gets a little more interesting.

20 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Barkley's summer was filled with insane weightlifting sessions. Then more insane weight-lifting sessions.

Didn't you once love another muscle-bound RB?

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Didn't you once love another muscle-bound RB?

Trent was a beast. We got a first rounder for him, it is what it was. If he had stayed in Cleveland, he's still better than Crowfell or Duke Fumbleson.

Archived