THE BROWNS BOARD

Playoff drought History

The Gipper

Here is a Trivia thread all about Playoff Droughts:

1. Which team has currently gone the longest without making the postseason?

2. Which team has currently gone the longest since winning a postseason game?

3. Which team has currently lost the most consecutive postseason games?  (this is also the longest such streak in NFL history)

4. Which team has gone the longest since playing in a conference title game?

5. What team has gone the longest since appearing in a League Championship game? (note...this means Super Bowl or NFL/AFL pre SB championship game)

6. What teams have never appeared in a League Championship game?

7. Name the 10 teams that have gone as long or longer than the Browns have without winning a Super Bowl game?  (hint: note....this is possible due to the Browns 3 hiatus years)

8. What Division has now gone the longest without having one of its teams winning the Super Bowl?

9. What team has currently played the most seasons now without winning a division title?

10. What team has played in the most Conference Finals games without winning a Super Bowl?

11. What team went the most years in history without ever winning a post season game?  (hint: not current)

12. What two teams are tied for going the longest in history  without making a post season appearance? (hint...not current)

1. Buffalo.

2. Bengals

3. Bengals

4. Bengals 

5. Lions or Browns?

8. AFC south.

9. Every NFL team has won the division at some point. Technically, it would be the LA Rams (85) if you exclude St. Louis. Otherwise, it would be the Lions ( 91).

10. Without actually winning SB? I'd be the Bills. I think...

11. Err....Detroit or Cardinals?

The Browns are the worst team in the history of the NFL. The rest of this bullschidt is meaningless.

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The Browns are the worst team in the history of the NFL. The rest of this bullschidt is meaningless.

By this I will gather that you admit that you are totally ignorant of the history of the NFL....since you cannot even bring yourself to answer even one question.

15 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

1. Buffalo. Check

2. Bengals Check

3. Bengals  NO

4. Bengals   Check

5. Lions or Browns? You need to make a choice

8. AFC south.  Check

9. Every NFL team has won the division at some point. Technically, it would be the LA Rams (85) if you exclude St. Louis. Otherwise, it would be the Lions ( 91).  It doesn't sound like you understand the question.  I will review it to see if I can make it clearer.

10. Without actually winning SB? I'd be the Bills. I think...  NO

11. Err....Detroit or Cardinals?  You need to make a choice.

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

3. Which team has currently lost the most consecutive postseason games?  (this is also the longest such streak in NFL history?

Detroit Lions.

5. What team has gone the longest since appearing in a League Championship game? (note...this means Super Bowl or NFL/AFL pre SB championship game)

Arizona Cardinals.

Cincinnati Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, Los Ángeles/SD Chargers, Detroit Lions.

7. Name the 10 teams that have gone as long or longer than the Browns have without winning a Super Bowl game?  (hint: note....this is possible due to the Browns 3 hiatus years)

Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders.

9. What team has currently played the most seasons now without winning a division title?

Cleveland Browns

10. What team has played in the most Conference Finals games without winning a Super Bowl?

Philadelphia Eagles

11. What team went the most years in history without ever winning a post season game?  (hint: not current)

Houston Oilers

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

3. Which team has currently lost the most consecutive postseason games?  (this is also the longest such streak in NFL history?

Detroit Lions. Yes

Arizona Cardinals. NO

Cincinnati Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, Los Ángeles/SD Chargers, Detroit Lions. Only the teams in Green are correct...and they are the only correct answers.

Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals, Bills, Oakland Raiders.

The ones in Blue are correct. Bears and Raiders have won SBs.  Panthers have only been in existence since 1995

Cleveland Browns Check

Philadelphia Eagles  NO

Houston Oilers NO

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

4. Browns

7. Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals, Bills, Oakland Raiders.

The ones in Blue are correct. Bears and Raiders have won SBs.  Panthers have only been in existence since 1995

The Panther's one has been a lousy mistake, as I was thinking of teams who haven't won SBs and for one moment I forgot about their fundation. I didn't remember if Raiders and Bears had SBs either. 

OK so the 3 I am missing are, Titans? Idk if you merge their history with the Oilers, then Chargers, and the next one I come up with is the Saints, which have won it 8 years ago but maybe are 5 years older than the Browns. I don't know that much NFL history... Yet ;)

1 hour ago, Nero said:

The Panther's one has been a lousy mistake, as I was thinking of teams who haven't won SBs and for one moment I forgot about their fundation. I didn't remember if Raiders and Bears had SBs either. 

OK so the 3 I am missing are, Titans? Idk if you merge their history with the Oilers, then Chargers, and the next one I come up with is the Saints, which have won it 8 years ago but maybe are 5 years older than the Browns. I don't know that much NFL history... Yet ;)

The Tits/Oilers are one....and their history is "merged" as they are considered the same franchise.  Also, the Chargers is correct.

That leaves one....and it is a bit sticky wicket because of that whole hiatus thing.

Interim Report:   Questions still unanswered:

5. Name the team that has gone the longest since playing in a League Championship game.  

7.  Ten teams have gone as many seasons (playing seasons) or more than the Browns since winning a Super Bowl.  Nine of them are the Cards, Lions, Eagles, Titans/Oilers, Chargers, Bills, Vikings, Falcons, Bengals.   Name that last team.

10.  What team has played in the most  ....lets call it:  Super Bowl semifinals games, and has never won a Super Bowl.

11. What team went the longest in history without ever recording a postseason victory?  Hint: not current

12. What 2 teams are tied for the NFL record for going the most consecutive seasons without making a post season appearance?  Hint: Not current.

On 12/26/2017 at 5:17 PM, The Gipper said:

Here is a Trivia thread all about Playoff Droughts:

3. Which team has currently lost the most consecutive postseason games?  (this is also the longest such streak in NFL history)

8. What Division has now gone the longest without having one of its teams winning the Super Bowl?

12. What two teams are tied for going the longest in history  without making a post season appearance? (hint...not current)

he Cleveland Browns suck.   All 12

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Stay the fuyuck off these threads unless you have something that isn't moronic to contribute.  The fact is that the Browns are the answer to only one single one of these questions.

Fiction is so much better than reality for some people, legends in their own minds . :lol: 

On 12/26/2017 at 6:17 PM, The Gipper said:

Here is a Trivia thread all about Playoff Droughts:  Answers:

The Buffalo Bills have not made the postseason since 1999.  They have a chance this year....and if they do...it will be the Browns with this "distinction"

The Cincinnati Bengals have not won since 1990

The Detroit Lions have lost 9 consecutive postseason games.   The Bengals are next with 8.  As noted...the 9 by the Lions and the 8 by the Bengals are the most in NFL history.   Browns have "only" lost two in a row.    Of course...if you can't make the playoffs you can't lose them.

The Bengals have not played in one since 1988.    (Browns since 1989)

The Detroit Lions....as you might expect.... have not appeared in Super Bowl or NFL Championship game (pre SB) since 1957.

Only the Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans have never appeared in a  league Championship game.

Because the Browns lost 3 years of not playing....that means that the 10 teams here have played more seasons or played the same number of season than the Browns without winning a Super Bowl:  

Cardinals, Lions, Eagles, Titans/Oilers, Chargers, Bills, Vikings, Falcons, Bengals,   and the Jets have played the same number of seasons since winning SBIII in 1968.    So....nearly a third of the league is in the same boat as the Browns in terms of not winning a Championship. 

The AFC South has gone 11 years since winning the SB  when the Colts won in 2006.  All 7 other divisions have had teams win since then. 

AFCE: Patriots  AFCN: Steelers and Ravens  AFCW: Broncos NFCE: Giants, NFCS:  Saints  NFCN: Packers  NFCW: Seahawks

The Cleveland Browns have played 25 seasons with no division title.  (not even counting the 3 they were "off" thus it is actually 28 years)

The Minnesota Vikings.    They have appeared in  8 NFC conference title games.   They have won 4 of those...but lost all 4 Super Bowls...and have lost 4.   So, in essence they have made the "semifinals" 8 times with no overall wins.  Second on that list are the Eagles and Browns with 6 each.  

The  Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals went 50 years with winning a postseason game...from 1948 to 1997. They did not win a postseason game in their entire stay in St. Louis.    Second on that list is the Pittsburgh Steelers with 39 years  from 1933 to 1972.

The Washington Redskins went from 1946 to 1970, and the  Cardinals went from 1949 to 1973 .... a total of 25 years for each.

Archived