THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey was reportedly GM who wanted "nothing to do" with Rosen

stillmotion

If this is the case, Dorsey is one of the two GM's that did not want Josh Rosen at all. If this, along with the combination of Rosen not wanting to play for the Browns is accurate, then it would be hard to make a case for Dorsey taking Rosen #1. However, I suppose things could change between now and the draft. Or we could draft Rosen, and trade him to the Giants. Needless to say, this is interesting.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/12/26/cleveland-browns-dorsey-rosen-fan/

The Cleveland Browns have the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but general manager John Dorsey may have already crossed one name off his wish list.

The Cleveland Browns made the inevitable a reality on Sunday when they lost to the Chicago Bears to secure the No. 1 overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.

It was a historic day for the Browns, which is becoming commonplace under head coach Hue Jackson, as the Browns became the first team in NFL history to earn the No. 1 overall selection in consecutive years by virtue of their play on the field.

Now that the Browns have the No. 1 pick firmly in hand, all the focus can turn to the actual draft and which player the Browns will select. More accurately, the talk will center on which quarterback the Browns will take.

While there will be plenty of debate in the coming months, especially once everyone declares for the draft, general manager John Dorsey may have tipped his hand in November.

In an article posted on Nov. 21 at draftanalyst.com, a little more than two weeks before Dorsey’s hiring, Tony Pauline took a look at the list of quarterbacks who will be in the discussion for the top pick. When it came to UCLA’s Josh Rosen, “at least” two general managers reportedly said they had no interest in Rosen.

On Sunday, Pauline tweeted out that Dorsey was one of those general managers:

I don't think Jon Dorsey cares- he was the one we mentioned as saying "stay away" from Rosen before getting the job in Cleveland http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-110 https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_Draft/status/944977356925661185 

That was just the latest in what is going to be an interesting debate about Rosen, who according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, wants no part of the Browns and will consider staying in college rather than play in Cleveland.

Rosen may be one of the most divisive players who will be part of the Browns draft process in the offseason. He set a school record this season for passing yards with 3,756, a number that would have been higher had he not missed UCLA’s game against Utah along with parts of two more games because of concussions.

The thing is, the Browns have the top pick so they don’t need to engage in subterfuge when it comes to the top pick. They simply need to identify the player they want and select him – no one other than Dorsey, owner Jimmy Haslam and head coach Hue Jackson can stop them from picking the player they want.

Dorsey may not have liked Rosen sitting from the comfort of his couch in November, and Rosen may not want anything to do with the Browns late in December, but it is only Boxing Day, so much can change between now and draft night.

One thing is clear, however: this is likely not the last time we will be talking about Rosen as a potential draft target for the Browns.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems like a guy (Tony Pauline) trying to raise his own stock. Why would he cite Dorsey, if Dorsey wasn't employed yet by the Browns (Nov 21st was publish date)?

pretty friendly qb stats offense, I'd say:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/devon-modster-1.html

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career UCLA         30 45 66.7 376 8.4 9.2 2 0

2017 UCLA Pac-12 FR QB 4 30 45 66.7 376 8.4 9.2 2 0 151.5

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

pretty friendly qb stats offense, I'd say:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/devon-modster-1.html

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career UCLA         30 45 66.7 376 8.4 9.2 2 0

2017 UCLA Pac-12 FR QB 4 30 45 66.7 376 8.4 9.2 2 0 151.5

so, you have a FRESHMAN, in 4 games, apparently including the bowl game, completing 66.7 percent of his passes.

151.5 qb rating.

sounds like any good qb could get real good stats in this offense.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Rosen is a bust. Just watch, he will $hit the bed.

Everyone is having a fellatio fest over this guy.

He looks like a cross between Gomer Pyle and Paxton Lynch.  I don't want this fukcking guy. Seriously, he looks like a Homo. He looks like he is Transgender. RUN RUN WIll Robinson............

5 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Well he is right about trump. And why do you care if he is ugly anyways? I bet u like to listen to Mick jagger and tom petty.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

He looks like a cross between Gomer Pyle and Paxton Lynch.  I don't want this fukcking guy. Seriously, he looks like a Homo. He looks like he is Transgender. RUN RUN WIll Robinson............

You sound like a homo.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so, you have a FRESHMAN, in 4 games, apparently including the bowl game, completing 66.7 percent of his passes.

151.5 qb rating.

sounds like any good qb could get real good stats in this offense.

Cool, so now we take the stats of a guy with 45 attempts as a reference? I looked at those games and the first three he played in garbage time, whereas in the second half of last season's game he only had a TD and took the win by 3 points thanks to a first half 17-9 led by Rosen.

If Dorsey doesn't want Rosen? Good. Whoever he gets better be the guy, no matter the name. 

Seems strange that a board full of people who throw the word "homo" around on the regular as an insult also seem really concerned about how attractive certain men are.

Methinks there's some overcompensating going on here... :ph34r:

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Dear God, just no.

Oh I get your concern tia, but with two top 5 picks, I just don't see the Browns NOT taking a QB, and if it's not Rosen, who else would it be but Darnold?

6' tall Baker Mayfield from the Big 12?

A RB/WR playing QB in Lamar Jackson?

A QB every bit as raw as DeShone Kizer in Josh Allen?

IMO, Sam Darnold really needs to go back to school. He regressed last season.

Drew Lock may very well stay in school, depending on who their new OC is. Same school that Blane Gabbert came out of...

He as the nation leading # of touchdowns thrown this season - 43.

They play Texas tonight, 9 PM. I figure he should stay in school if he can develop more.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-vs-missouri-texas-bowl-prediction-pick-line-odds-live-stream-watch-online/

Clayton Thorson, Northwestern, is staying in school, they play Friday night. Great choice - Lock and Thorson could be

two of the 2019 NFL draft big qb names. or not. who knows.

I am going to stay out of the whole QB thing until like the first of April.   We need that much time to figure things out.  Right now, I am not seeing how this class is any better than the year that gave us Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker.....or the year that gave us David Carr, Joey Harrington and Josh McCown.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK.....so here we go:      Name who you think is the ugliest Quarterback you have seen.

I remember Jimmy Clausen being particularly ugly:

clausen.jpg

For me, Andrew Luck has to be on that list 

14874.png&w=350&h=254

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Right now, I am not seeing how this class is any better than the year that gave us Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker.....or the year that gave us David Carr, Joey Harrington and Josh McCown.

I think the Carr, Harrington and McCown played much better than the previous.

Archived