THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers playing backups this weekend....

Clevfan4life

They had them beaten last year.......until they made every damn bad mistake you could think of.....particular Hue Jackson with his play calling. 

So....now when you say that their starters are not playing.....I am going to assume that you are talking just basically about   BR, Bell and Brown...who is out injured anyway.  I doubt that they are playing their 2d string OL  or their 2d string defense  (except...of course, the guys that are out injured...like Shazier).  I suspect their WRs like Bryant and Smith will still be playing. 

But, as I see it....this means one of two things...or perhaps both:

A.  They do not believe that the Jets have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Patriots.

B. Even if they think in the back of their minds that the Jets may beat the Pats....they are confident that their 2d stringers can still beat the Browns which with a win and a Pats loss would give them home field.

If Hue Jackson was not an idiot....but we know he can be.....that is what I would be telling the Browns:   that the Steelers, even with home field on the line for them, still feel that their second string can beat you....and if things turn out right that they can still get home field even by not playing their starters.   Now that SHOULD fire the Browns up.    

But we have Hue Jackson as coach.....and his Modus Operandi is to do whatever it takes to lose....and it don't matter if the other team is playing scrubs or not.   He will do what it takes to lose......and bring his sidekick, Kizer along with him to do his bidding.  

Kizer will throw Ints to the Steelers second string DBs.  (in truth...their DBs are 2d string caliber DBs anyway).  He will fumble it.   Hue will make all the wrong calls.   The defense will slag off and let the Squibs second string RBs run all over them...and the Browns DBs will let the Squibs second string DBs run right by them.

Whatever it takes to lose...they WILL do. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Embarrassing but yes,” Laundry”Jones & James Connor will score enough to win & I doubt they sit much on defense but will rest a butt hurt, pay cut, Joe Haden.

Connor out for a year with torn up knee. They signed some RB off the street. Backups still favored by 4. NE/NYJ game is at the same time. Bet if somehow the Jets are winning and Browns make it competitive, you will see starters put back in. Ugh, humiliating to see this treated like a preseason game, but it is what is is......

10 minutes ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Connor out for a year with torn up knee. They signed some RB off the street. Backups still favored by 4. NE/NYJ game is at the same time. Bet if somehow the Jets are winning and Browns make it competitive, you will see starters put back in. Ugh, humiliating to see this treated like a preseason game, but it is what is is......

Yea, that would be interesting....if the Jets are winning....do the Steelers put in BR et al.

Can I assume that there has been no announcement that the Pats are resting their starters? 

I doubt that we have to worry about the Jets getting a lead on the Pats though.

22 minutes ago, bamwa said:

One can only hope.

And yet all this week ive listened to clev talk radio where one analyst after another has been invited on the program saying the same thing......clev has become pariah because of all the coaching changes. 

From players to coaching staff, cleveland is a non starter now. Its going to get worse too. 

25 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

And yet all this week ive listened to clev talk radio where one analyst after another has been invited on the program saying the same thing......clev has become pariah because of all the coaching changes. 

From players to coaching staff, cleveland is a non starter now. Its going to get worse too. 

Pariah to who?  Certainly NOT to anyone who may be looking for a HC job in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They had them beaten last year.......until they made every damn bad mistake you could think of.....particular Hue Jackson with his play calling. 

So....now when you say that their starters are not playing.....I am going to assume that you are talking just basically about   BR, Bell and Brown...who is out injured anyway.  I doubt that they are playing their 2d string OL  or their 2d string defense  (except...of course, the guys that are out injured...like Shazier).  I suspect their WRs like Bryant and Smith will still be playing. 

A.  They do not believe that the Jets have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Patriots.

B. Even if they think in the back of their minds that the Jets may beat the Pats....they are confident that their 2d stringers can still beat the Browns which with a win and a Pats loss would give them home field.

If Hue Jackson was not an idiot....but we know he can be.....that is what I would be telling the Browns:   that the Steelers, even with home field on the line for them, still feel that their second string can beat you....and if things turn out right that they can still get home field even by not playing their starters.   Now that SHOULD fire the Browns up.    

But we have Hue Jackson as coach.....and his Modus Operandi is to do whatever it takes to lose....and it don't matter if the other team is playing scrubs or not.   He will do what it takes to lose......and bring his sidekick, Kizer along with him to do his bidding.  

Kizer will throw Ints to the Steelers second string DBs.  (in truth...their DBs are 2d string caliber DBs anyway).  He will fumble it.   Hue will make all the wrong calls.   The defense will slag off and let the Squibs second string RBs run all over them...and the Browns DBs will let the Squibs second string DBs run right by them.

gip, we are going to get the Sheet beat out of us...hue as you said, will be stupid...why change now...however to your point of him bringing keizer roll with him, who else do we have....Shmucking kessler....Shmucking hooooooooogan...NOT....they are as bad if not worse than the kizer roll....overall, our team lacks mucho talent all over the place, we have maybe 1 playmaker on d....garrett...and he ain't gangbusters...we have no Shmucking passrush...we can stop the run for awhile as our Shmucking lack of talent offense continues to drag down the dline...we have no bigtime playmakers on offense...we really really really sucko...

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

So, do we get our first win vs steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers? Is it depressing as Shmuck to even have to ask that question?

So you believed a Steeler O-lineman?

There has not been confirmation yet on who will start. Marcus Gilbert doesn't make that decision.

https://nesn.com/2017/12/steeler-who-said-key-starters-will-rest-week-17-vs-browns-backtracks/

39 minutes ago, browns52 said:

we have maybe 1 playmaker on d....garrett...and he ain't gangbusters...

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this.

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

The only way that we win is if the Steelers use OUR guys.

its not fair that the steelers D gets to play with 12 while our offense plays with 10.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Why?  We play with 10 on defense.  Peppers plays on the warning track.

that was a knock on Kizer went way over your head.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

that was a knock on Kizer went way over your head.

lol

Easy to do right now.  I'm sick as a freakin' dawg.  Like the worst cold I ever had.  At least the worst sore throat I ever had is subsiding.  

I'm reading Browns stuff to cheer me up.  lol

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

lol

Easy to do right now.  I'm sick as a freakin' dawg.  Like the worst cold I ever had.  At least the worst sore throat I ever had is subsiding.  

I'm reading Browns stuff to cheer me up.  lol

yuk get well soon man

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, that would be interesting....if the Jets are winning....do the Steelers put in BR et al.

Can I assume that there has been no announcement that the Pats are resting their starters? 

I doubt that we have to worry about the Jets getting a lead on the Pats though.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Pariah to who?  Certainly NOT to anyone who may be looking for a HC job in the NFL. 

Usually a coordinator job is a step to a HC job elsewhere. Unfortunately the Browns HC job is a step to a coordinator job elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

So, do we get our first win vs steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers? Is it depressing as Shmuck to even have to ask that question?

This team couldn't beat Oklahoma's JVs or Valley Girl State for that matter...  

The world according to Flugel says "If you can't beat Cleveland, don't worry. They'll beat themselves for you."  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Of course.

It's been confirmed, (for the most part) that Landry Jones will start at QB, with 2 backup running backs.  BJ Finney will be the Center.  Antonio Brown is out with an injury, but aside from that the rest of the offense is expected to play.  Cam Hayward is expected to rest on defense but the remainder of the defense is expected to play. 

Last year, CLE rushed for 231 yards averaging 7 Yards per Carry and passed for 232 yards and sacked Landry Jones 4 times.

You would think that CLE would have, could have, should have, won that game.

Tomlin wants to win this game.  He wants to sweep the division - he always takes CLE seriously.

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Even if the Steelers played their starters, I don't see this as an easy win for them as do most.

The opener vs the Steelers saw a browns team play hard and be competitive,  in their own house wanting to make a statement vs the Steelers to start the season off on the right foot.

One huge catch by AB and Pitt ( 9 point favorites) escapes from Cleve with a win.

I see the finale the same way. The browns will be competitive, will make few mistakes. They need a win and what better way to close out the season with a win against the Steelers.

They love Hue, and want to win for him.

Below is NOT a Browns bashing video.

The facts and statistics  about the browns since 99 that you may not be aware are eye opening and astounding.

4 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

It's been confirmed, (for the most part) that Landry Jones will start at QB, with 2 backup running backs.  BJ Finney will be the Center.  Antonio Brown is out with an injury, but aside from that the rest of the offense is expected to play.  Cam Hayward is expected to rest on defense but the remainder of the defense is expected to play. 

Last year, CLE rushed for 231 yards averaging 7 Yards per Carry and passed for 232 yards and sacked Landry Jones 4 times.

You would think that CLE would have, could have, should have, won that game.

Tomlin wants to win this game.  He wants to sweep the division - he always takes CLE seriously.

That was a must lose game to secure #1, and Hue nailed it.