THE BROWNS BOARD

DARNOLD = WHITE KIZER

Ghoolie

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

This wasnt really a fair analysis by u, you've got to know that. Darnold was sacked 8 times yeaterday....thats an astounding amt of time spent in the turf for a qb in one game. The browns havent given up 8 sacks in one game. Darnold is the next brady compared to sandlot kizer. 

Is darnold perhaps not the prospect people thought he was a year ago......yeah. I think his carreer will be "wholly" delebdant on where he lands. 

He's a dumb bastard. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, hoorta said:

BUT- as was mentioned by the announcers , he cleaned up his turnover ratio the last half of the season. Gosh some of those fumbles, there were 4 OSU guys grabbing at the ball. You'd have to be Hercules to prevent strips in those situations. 

You mean the second half of the season where they played stiffs?

47 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You mean the second half of the season where they played stiffs?

You can only play the teams on your schedule. Stanford wasn't a stiff. I'm not in love with any of the QBs coming out- yet. Not even Mayfield- that we both like. We don't even know which underclass guys are going to declare by January 15 (except Allen who already has- and I don't like much like. You want a white Kizer- that Josh is it.) Right now it's 1A, 1B, 1C- and I ain't telling who. 

Only guy I HATE so far is Lamar Jackson. Barf.  If you watched any of the TaxSlayer Bowl, Lamar made Darnold look like Tom Brady by comparison. Four interceptions and plenty of sacks (6). 170 yards passing (47 qbr), 150 yards rushing- beat you to it Tom- another "Black Tarkenton". And that was against MSU not to be confused with Michigan State. They pointed out in the stats Lamar has sucked the big one against better competition. If Hueless is still around- you can bet the ranch Hue will feel the earth move when he works out Lamar. Double Barf. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

You can only play the teams on your schedule. Stanford wasn't a stiff. I'm not in love with any of the QBs coming out- yet. Not even Mayfield- that we both like. We don't even know which underclass guys are going to declare by January 15 (except Allen who already has- and I don't like much like. You want a white Kizer- that Josh is it.) Right now it's 1A, 1B, 1C- and I ain't telling who. 

Only guy I HATE so far is Lamar Jackson. Barf.  If you watched any of the TaxSlayer Bowl, Lamar made Darnold look like Tom Brady by comparison. Four interceptions and plenty of sacks (6). 170 yards passing (47 qbr), 150 yards rushing- beat you to it Tom- another "Black Tarkenton". And that was against MSU not to be confused with Michigan State. They pointed out in the stats Lamar has sucked the big one against better competition. If Hueless is still around- you can bet the ranch Hue will feel the earth move when he works out Lamar. Double Barf. 

There's too much basing a whole college career on ONE game going on ITT.

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Well...if Kizer was Black Tarkenton...then Darnold would be what...

the 'Cracker' Jacker? or just plain 'the Man'?

but neither are worthy of distinction (.......yet?.........)and one isn't even close.

my solution draft IOWA ST QB Kyle Kemp, who each time i've seen him this year he performs dead on with great arm. knock would no pro style but spread. b then trade for kaaya from lions. liked him better than 1/2 QBs going last year.

wouldn't blow your picks on busts but could comcentrate on building back end of D and getting us real OL and RB.

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Multiple threads have discussed Josh Allen thoroughly. calfox is the board's Josh Allen Fan Club President.

Yes, I'm aware of other threads.  Just talking about this one.

I'm all for acquiring Alex Smith to start for a season or so while the rookie sits and learns (probably less start time for Smith if Rosen is drafted), but you want to throw most likely the biggest contract in NFL history at Cousins for him to basically man the position for a season while a rookie - and his eventual replacement - sits? There's going to be some decent vet QBs available this offseason that could fill that spot cheaper than Cousins. Why would Cousins sign with a team that looks at him as a short term starter?

Yes, I would rather Alex Smith as our starter.  Just throwing out another name in Kirk Cousins.  Of course, who's to say if Cousins comes here, he couldn't play more than two seasons?  Who's to say we couldn't offer him a 3 or 4 year contract while the other QB sit and learns.  This is the way the very good teams are getting it done today.  We can throw out the Eagles and the Rams (We know the got to very good QBs).  But that's is very rare and hard to find.  And I know we could have had either of them, but that's water under the bridge now.

4 hours ago, miktoxic said:

the 'Cracker' Jacker? or just plain 'the Man'?

but neither are worthy of distinction (.......yet?.........)and one isn't even close.

my solution draft IOWA ST QB Kyle Kemp, who each time i've seen him this year he performs dead on with great arm. knock would no pro style but spread. b then trade for kaaya from lions. liked him better than 1/2 QBs going last year.

wouldn't blow your picks on busts but could comcentrate on building back end of D and getting us real OL and RB.

Wait you want another QB that panics when under pressure in the redzone and throws the ball up for grabs Kizer style.

I'm sick and tired of waiting with crossed fingers for the Browns to draft their franchise QB.  They've swung and missed so many times it's ridiculous.  Time to quit looking for a needle in a haystack and unleash one of their few advantages - their salary cap.

Back the truck up into either Kirk Cousins' or Alex Smith's driveway and dump $30 million a year on them.  Both of them qualify as legitimate NFL quarterbacks - and the Browns arguably haven't had one since Bernie Kosar.  This will allow Dorsey to draft Saquon Barkley and Minkah Fitzpatrick, solving gaping holes at two positions of need.  The three second round picks can be used on a combination of CB, WR, LB, edge rusher, and/or OT.  Flash some more cash to a couple of quality free agents too - I trust John Dorsey to make good "football" decisions in this regard (no Bowe or Britt clones expected).

The Browns have been too shtty for too long.  Time to get a good NFL-experienced QB to take advantage of the Browns' best weapon, Josh Gordon.  Time to finish red zone drives with TD's instead of settling for field goals or surrendering turnovers.  Time to win some frickin' football games.  The defense made big strides this year; with the right OC so can the offense.

GO BROWNS!

On 12/31/2017 at 1:17 AM, hoorta said:

You weren't in love with Ben, Goff, Wentz or Mariotta either. You don't like QBs. You like to draft offensive linemen.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

You weren't in love with Ben, Goff, Wentz or Mariotta either. You don't like QBs. You like to draft offensive linemen.

Sorry short attention span. FYI, I definitely was on the draft Ben wagon. Or you forget Miami Ohio is less than 50 miles from my house? And my wife is an alumni? I was screaming for the Browns to draft him. BTW, I really wanted Wentz too. 

Maybe you're confused because I didn't want second rate bums like Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel. Or Paxton Lynch. 😀

On 12/30/2017 at 1:20 PM, hoorta said:

And if you watched Sports Center after the OSU-SC game Baker was practicing. It was posited they kept him out of interviews to prevent foot in mouth disease. Though I must admit, Mayfield interviews well.

Mayfield is another JFF.  No thanks.

Archived