THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey Guys, New Member here

TigeRRUppeRRCut

I would never pay one penny or draft pick for A.Smith -- KC may very well get a deal from somebody else, but Cleveland needs draft picks and nothing else.  If KC wants to give Cleveland a 3rd round draft pick to take Smith's problem salary [$20M in 2018] off their books, now we're talking... but Cleveland has the cards here, not KC.

Other teams may have the ability to take that salary, but nobody's in the same zipcode as Cleveland.

16 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

Seems a good place to drop in. I’m born and raised a Skins fan. My dad was raised on the Browns and moved to DC and became a Skins fan over time. The Browns move did him in and he never picked up the new expansion team. 

I hate Snyder and Bruce Allen. They make it hard to be a fan. RG3 and McCloughan situations have killed me. I’m unlikely to truly lose my Skins fandom but I’m in the market for another team to root for and figure the Browns are a natural fit. I love the NFL draft and have been intrigued with the Browns the last few years (failures then moneyball) and have rooted for a turn around. I’ve found myself more and more reading up on Browns mock drafts and off season strategies and figure why not try it out. 

One of my close buddies made the move back in 2015. He also had family ties to the Browns and he’s now a bigger Browns fan than he ever was Skins fan. I’m not striving for that, but having an AFC team to follow and cheer on will be fun. And i hate the Steelers (and Penguins) so there’s that :) 

As much as I would welcome people to be fans of the Browns....I do not believe you should abandon the team you grew up rooting for.   I mean, if you do that, then you risk the chance of being named Glommie Jr.

If a team's fan abandoned them because their owners/GMs/coaches were dipsticks...then the Browns would have no fans.  Yet, we are still legion...despite everything.

Gipper, I could never fully give up the Skins for the reasons you mentioned. But I’ve never tried following another team closely, and with the Browns in the AFC and the state of both teams being that a super bowl matchup is unlikely anytime soon, I think having to root for the Skins > Browns once every 4 years is a good situation. 

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

Gipper, I could never fully give up the Skins for the reasons you mentioned. But I’ve never tried following another team closely, and with the Browns in the AFC and the state of both teams being that a super bowl matchup is unlikely anytime soon, I think having to root for the Skins > Browns once every 4 years is a good situation. 

As I have said elsewhere....I usually root for the team/teams that have not been there and won before.   Its why I preferred Jags over Pats, and why I was really good with either Philly or the Vikings.  So for this SB  ...I will go for Philly.

On 1/28/2018 at 5:24 PM, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

Seems a good place to drop in. I’m born and raised a Skins fan. My dad was raised on the Browns and moved to DC and became a Skins fan over time. The Browns move did him in and he never picked up the new expansion team. 

I hate Snyder and Bruce Allen. They make it hard to be a fan. RG3 and McCloughan situations have killed me. I’m unlikely to truly lose my Skins fandom but I’m in the market for another team to root for and figure the Browns are a natural fit. I love the NFL draft and have been intrigued with the Browns the last few years (failures then moneyball) and have rooted for a turn around. I’ve found myself more and more reading up on Browns mock drafts and off season strategies and figure why not try it out. 

One of my close buddies made the move back in 2015. He also had family ties to the Browns and he’s now a bigger Browns fan than he ever was Skins fan. I’m not striving for that, but having an AFC team to follow and cheer on will be fun. And i hate the Steelers (and Penguins) so there’s that :) 

welcome!  i'm almost the opposite of you; born and raised in cleveland.  have been disgusted with the "new browns", especially these recent years.  At least things can't get any worse, right?  lived near D.C. for a while and tried rooting for the Redskins, but I just couldn't stay away from the Browns.  Monday mornings at work were pretty fun, spent them commiserating with Redskins fans on how bad our teams were doing.  I was pretty excited when the Redskins signed Colt McCoy, I thought he was better than Weeden and deserved to start but was a victim of a regime change.  Maybe if Cousins leaves he will get a shot?  Funny how with both teams, fans complain about the crappy owners.  Every Skins fan seems to despise Snyder, and if you stick around here you'll see just how we feel about Haslam.  Maybe someday, we'll see a Browns/Redskins Super Bowl.

On 1/28/2018 at 4:24 PM, JamesMadisonSkinsfan said:

Please, not another bandwagon FRAK fan. As soon as the Browns start winning, you will leave.

Archived