THE BROWNS BOARD

Participation salary

Westside Steve

Basically capitalism has moved on without a good portion of the human race. I wonder how much some of u "real muricans" are going to appreciate it when u show up to work one morning and ur company has been gutted and vacated. 

Oh and dontbthink u white collar ngrs are safe. Autonation will mean the end of alot of upper tier jobs that were interwoven with blue collar jobs. Alot of engineers working for manufacturing companies might be in alot of trouble because some other company massively destabilized that particular industry with some kind automation. 

Luckily im pretty much indemnified from this tidal wave coming but im pretty much planning my way out of this shtshow. I will not participate but for a few necessities in this coming culture. Ill be in the country doing my own thing with a couple dogs andcats and im cool. Want no part of whats coming. 

U wanna see whats coming in the next 50-100 years go watch the last blade runner that came out recently. Its a great movie and it absolutely "nails" where all if this is going

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Trump is gonna theow all of u under the busses when its time. 

To what purpose? Look I don't doubt the dis participation salary is likely to grab the fancy of a great deal of people. Unfortunately, just as there are many many times more Sockroaches than there are Border Collies, a lot of people will be happy to sit on their butt and get their basic needs covered. I know too many people on disability who are perfectly capable of doing a job that would pay more the disability check. But oh, you know how it is, humans can live relatively happily on a very small amount and once you are used to it work seems more and more intrusive.

WSS

Yeah some people dont want to deal with other humans in the workplace, i get it. The american workplace is the most caustic, destructive environment going in our society....namely because its run by large corporations. U suck the soul out of people for a couple gens than lament they have no more soul left to give.....sounds about right

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah some people dont want to deal with other humans in the workplace, i get it. The american workplace is the most caustic, destructive environment going in our society....namely because its run by large corporations. U suck the soul out of people for a couple gens than lament they have no more soul left to give.....sounds about right

Oh I don't know that it's so much about dealing with others in the workplace or whatever the job might be, but you have to admit there is an allure to just kicking back watching TV playing video games and sleeping. I don't know but I would guess the great percentage of the population would eventually be okay with a very modest place to live, food, utilities, basic Medical Care, cable TV and a ride. 

How long would it be before those people started to Riot just to get themselves something to do? Honest question, do you think human beings wood naturally want to be idle 24/7?

WSS

So just for the record does anybody here see a living wage handed out to each and every American as a good thing? Living wage meaning enough to pay for single lodging food entertainment education utilities Medical Care and transportation? 

We are talking about making that wage your right, not something you expected to contribute to? 

I think it would be terribly destructive to the fabric of society but would certainly be a popular position for an awful lot of people, not only the ones who are already on assistance but the bleeding hearts of those who aren't. 

Not to mention those who are already working a full-time job and paying for those Basics themselves? What would be their incentive to carry on at those jobs?

WSS