THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns' Fan Looking for Main Brown Fans' Forum

SissyBoyFloyd

Hi all.  I have recently decided to become a Browns fan.  I move around every few years, and have all my life, never seeming to be in the same city or state for more than a handful of years. I have been keeping very close tabs on the Browns for a couple years now and am very impressed that they have such a devoted and fun fan base.  I googled Browns fan forums and this one is the first I decided to check into.  If you don't mind me asking, is this considered the #1 main Brown's forum?  Is there another you all attend to besides this one that you might refer a new fan to?  I am not one to join multiple forums for the same team, so I would prefer just settling into what might be considered the best one to join.  Your advice would be appreciated.  Also by the way, where is the best site to purchase Browns' gear for fair prices?

I feel, as I am sure you all do, that there are exciting years to come, and am looking forward to grow with your young team.  I have even been doing a lot of mock drafts for the Browns just for fun.  This was my latest one I did this am.  Of course these mocks are just for fun and never turn out to be the real thing.  But still fun to speculate and debate all the options that could arise.

Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

Round 1 Pick 4: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

Round 2 Pick 1: Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist

Round 2 Pick 4: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

Round 2 Pick 32: Armani Watts, FS, Texas AM

Round 3 Pick 1: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State

Round 4 Pick 1: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi

Round 4 Pick 29: Shaun Dion Hamilton, ILB, Alabama

Round 5 Pick 1: Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina

Round 5 Pick 25: Bradley Bozeman, C, Alabama

Round 6 Pick 1: Damon Webb, SS, Ohio State

Round 7 Pick 1: Christian LaCouture, DT, LSU

I will close now for I see the Steeler/Brown game is on.

Does being the #1 forum of the worst team in NFL history make it this the worst forum in sports history? #Success

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Welcome to the board...and no way in hell are we taking an RB with the 1st pick.

Are you sure you want to put your stamp of certainty on that?  Allow me to expose a small crack in that door::

Gurly - Rams

Fournette - Jaguars

Gordon - Chargers

Hunt - Chiefs

Elliott - Cowboys

Howard - Bears

Ingram - Saints

Tamara - Saints

Johnson -Cardinals

And the Browns can get one of these young studs of their own in Barkley, and you say no way.   These are what I call playoff makers.  I wouldn't pass on Barkley, especially when I can still get my QB a couple picks later,  or even by trading up a couple spots if I am that worried about not getting the only QB that I feel I could live with.

Barkley Is A Sure Thing, Maybe Better Than all Of Them To Hear Some Say.  There Is No QB In This Draft You Can Say that about.

1 minute ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Are you sure you want to put your stamp of certainty on that?  Allow me to expose a small crack in that door::

Gurly - Rams

Fournette - Jaguars

Gordon - Chargers

Hunt - Chiefs

Elliott - Cowboys

Howard - Bears

Ingram - Saints

Tamara - Saints

Johnson -Cardinals

And the Browns can get one of these young studs of their own in Barkley, and you say no way.   These are what I call playoff makers.  I wouldn't pass on Barkley, especially when I can still get my QB a couple picks later,  or even by trading up a couple spots if I am that worried about not getting the only QB that I feel I could live with.

And how many of those RB’s were taken #1 in the draft?

6 minutes ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Gurly - Rams

Fournette - Jaguars

Gordon - Chargers

Hunt - Chiefs

Elliott - Cowboys

Howard - Bears

Ingram - Saints

Tamara - Saints

Johnson -Cardinals

The thing is that you should go to the thread 'The "who have you watched lately?" thread.' 

There you can see how many of us have concerns with Barkley being worth a first round pick (mostly when ours are in the top 5). He's anywhere near Elliot or Fournette, for example.

And of those you mentioned, Hunt, Howard, Kamara and Johnson weren't first rounders. You could add Bell to your list, who wasn't first rounder either. 

I'd say most of the members on this board would pick a RB in the second. In the first a QB and a defensive back.

Welcome to the board nice timing to get in on the ground floor of the "new" BROWNS :lol:

Hope to see you around, mjp.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:39 PM, Orion said:

A new Browns fan?

Why?

Is that a rhetorical ?  If not, it's because I enjoy being a part of a new building process.  Like The thought Of Growing With A Team From The Ground Floor, So To Speak.  I would have joined the fan club last year, but was waiting for the Brown's to hit rock bottom.  I loved your coaches prognostication from last season when he said 1-15 was not good enough.  So decided to wait and see if he could really reach perfection.  Can only go up from here.

2 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

I would have joined the fan club last year, but was waiting for the Brown's to hit rock bottom. 

I don't even know how to respond to a statement like that.

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

I don't even know how to respond to a statement like that.

Same here. Sounds like: hey guys, I decided to wait to come to you until you really were screwed up! 

On 12/31/2017 at 2:18 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Welcome to the board...and no way in hell are we taking an RB with the 1st pick.

If we take a RB with the 1st pick.. I'm done with these tards..

Archived