THE BROWNS BOARD

All bullsht aside now, does football belong in clev?

Clevfan4life

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, browns52 said:

they would have issues developing but what the heck, how much  worse can it get watching the browns for 20yrs not competing...i'm just saying...give it a shot...

The NHL was doing well here, after the California Golden Seals bolted from the Bay Area. The Gunds (yep) decided to partner up with the Minnesota North Stars after only two seasons in Cleveland. Eventually, they became the Dallas Stars, and Minnesota got an expansion team (Wild). It was kind of a ponzi-scheme, and a slap in the face to hockey fans here. Cleveland was a great hockey town, supported the AHL Barons and WHA Crusaders for a long long time. 

So the NHL also expanded into hockey hotbeds (sigh) Tampa Bay, Columbus, Raleigh, Phoenix, and relocated other franchises (Atlanta twice). Sadly, I doubt Cleveland will ever get another shot, as we're surrounded by Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and of course Columbus.

Additionally, call me a moron or whatever, but it is NOT 20 years of crap, it's 10. 38-122 since 2008 season. 

Cleveland is the 19th largest media market in the USA, down from 12th in the 1980s. Plus, football is too loved around these parts. Am I, and others concerned about the Browns fan base? Sure, as the younger crowd hasn't seen much of any success. Guys like me, fans for 45+ years aren't going anywhere, they're our team despite the product presently. 

Nobody has a crystal ball, but it's John Dorsey's job now to fix it. I'm going to remain optimistic despite Haslam's presence; isn't that what fans do? 

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

In the coming few years the NFL will absolutely consolodate or refocus their concentration. Cleveland is a shrinking market and right now, a joke.

Anyone who thinks this team is not at risk to be moved is kidding themselves.

I agree & this idiotic "parade" provides MORE ammo to those who may be in favor of moving the Browns. IF the Browns move again, we would NOT get them back & that would be a travesty.

The Browns belong NOWHERE but Cleveland.

Mike

14 hours ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Cleveland........... IS............... football!! NEVER, EVER think of taking football out of Cleveland! Maybe YOU should just move, or jump on the Steeler bandwagon.

I highly recommend the movie that is out now, "Darkest Hour"............................................Winston Churchill's "We shall never surrender!" speech delivered with such style by Gary Oldman whom I hope is up for an academy award for the part. The movie IS where the Cleveland Browns fans are today.

EDIT: He is in fact favored by some to win Best Actor.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/oscars-2018-best-actor-predictions-1201789016/

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, baloney. How many millions do most players make? WT hell? They don't ask, their union reps try to DEMAND,

OWN, and CONTROL. It's what the left does. Organize, antagonize, then whine when they aren't allowed to be bosses of

everything. Do you honestly think that NFL players play for minimum wage or something???

So now it’s Hilary’s fault that the Browns stink? I thought the Deep State was busy confiscating pickup trucks and cutting off the painkiller supply to Columbus! 

47 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Um..be careful. That can be easily construed the wrong way by idiots who make fun of the city that we love.

This city deserves better than the Browns.

Ahh No..Cleveland needs More Browns fans..ever been here for Cavs or Indians tailgate?..Browns fans bring it.. we just need a better product lead by a true football owner.. 

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Anyone who thinks the Browns couldn't move is wrong.  Of course they could.  Way bigger markets with warmer climates are out there.  

I don't think there are that many bigger markets out there.   And how many will be willing to pony up the 1 billion dollars to build a new stadium?   Not as many as you think.

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

It only takes a few. Hasnt san antonio been clamoring for a team?

Maybe...but Jerry Jones seems to think he owns that market so he would block any team from moving there.   

There aren't as many cities as one would think, and the stadium issue will always be a huge stumbling block. 

The Browns (or at least our franchise) moved once, of course they can move again.... doesn't mean they should. But there are those including the "let's throw a parade" a$$-hats who are doing all they can to push the Browns out of Cleveland... and they'll be the first to decry the "lack of loyalty" should a move ever be considered.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Have another drink

Yeah... Gip's comprehension was way off the mark, but I am not sure that'd help.

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The Browns (or at least our franchise) moved once, of course they can move again.... doesn't mean they should. But there are those including the "let's throw a parade" a$$-hats who are doing all they can to push the Browns out of Cleveland... and they'll be the first to decry the "lack of loyalty" should a move ever be considered.

Yeah... Gip's comprehension was way off the mark, but I am not sure that'd help.

The parade is a dumb idea.  I wouldn't mock my team by showing up for it.  Be pissed off, hope for better is all you can do.

I'd go if it was in S.A. because they have a new 80 and 85 mph legal straight shot on 130 Toll Road from Georgetown to I-10 just east of SA. Just start them in the Alamodome and go from there when ready. And BTW no sane person drives to Jerryworld from anywhere S of Austin to see the boys. More likely to Steal fans from the Texans.

19 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Of course not. 

I don't have figures in front of me, but with revenue sharing, the teams basically split 1/32 of the TV money. Ticket money is gravy. And there are rookie minimums, for instance. Merchandise sales are split a certain way as well. There's plenty of cash to go around. 

I don't think anybody on this forum gives a rats butt what players and owners make, we just want a winner. 

Yeah but when you go on browns reddit and see the lineman running up a $37,000 restaurant tab, to be paid by rookies, while they play like chit, it stings. And yes I give two rat's asses knowing Hasbeen is still getting rich of this and not using cap money at all. Can't even have cheerleaders he's so cheap. We have a volunteer drum line. Thanks, Shady Yimmie Hasbeen.

I fully support a boycott until Hue goes.

17 hours ago, browns52 said:

well put........i can't believe that even 1 person would go watch this garbage after all these yrs of setting records of shame, yr after yr....Shmuck, invest that money in apple stock, you will be better off...

The best thing about the Browns is this group. I was hopeful yesterday, and again, one of the stupid draft picks, Coleman, did what he does best, drops passes. Right now I can't imagine I will follow this team other than peripherally.

Honestly, what would make me the happiest is to learn that either Haslam was moving and renaming the team, or that because of changing market dynamice, the franchise was being folded. I believe Cleveland was complicit in losing the Browns in the first place. People in Cleveland hated Modell, they constantly asked him to "jump" to sell and to leave. THe fan base believed ANYONE would be better and that once Art left a champion would be moments away.

So, here is what Browns football without Art Modell looks like. Doug Dieken, Kosar and rapist Jim Brown telling newbie owners how to run the team and how to draft.

Screw this franchise.

Browns aren't going anywhere:

A small portion of fans in Cleveland have started to wonder if the Browns will leave again given the team’s 88-200 record on the field since returning in 1999. Combine that with the fact they just finished their worst season in the 67-season history of the franchise, fan frustration that is resulting in fewer ticket sales and corporate sponsorship challenges and the concern is understandable.

But rest assured, the Browns are not going anywhere.

The 2-year, $125 million renovation of FirstEnergy Stadium completed between 2014-15 combined with a $20-plus million overhaul of the training complex in Berea through 2 separate renovations since the Haslam family bought the team in 2012, there is no doubt that franchise will play out their current lease which expires following the 2028 season.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/01/12/chargers-move-to-la-affect-on-browns/

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

It would be a travesty not to have NFL in Cleveland.

A TRAVESTY? For whom? Fans in what city? What state? Who, other than the 50% of fans in NE Ohio who are not Steeler fans would this be a travesty to?

Seriously? Who in the USA would give a flying phuck if the Browns were moved and renamed? you guys live in a fantasy world. It's like President trump put a wall around this board and most of you idiots can't see out. If you cannot see that Lerner and Haslam have greatly devalued the Browns brand to the point that 31 other owners, advertisers and financiers are not concerned, then you really are simpletons.

Go ahead, complain, protest, get mad that someone "dares" to suggest that this team is now in play. But it IS in play. The NFL is all about the NFL, it is all about money, and the powers that be are not going to let an ever-dwindling group of self-important fans put a stranglehold on the organization's profits.

You guys once again believe we are FINALLY poised to move forward, but we are not. Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He has already been bent over by Haslam to accept Hue Jackson. What NFL team would keep this turd? Yet, it is HASLAM who chooses the Head Coach, NOT the supposed football genius. No GM with any level of determination to win would take a job in Cleveland given the owner decides who the coach is.

You think IF next year we fire Hue, all of a sudden Haslam is going to change his style, back off and say,  Okay Dorkey...YOU pick the HC? Not a fauking chance. Haslam is a nincompoop and the other owners give him dumb advice, which he and Lerner both followed.

You think Haslam is going to force Hue...but not force his will on the 2018 draft? YOu are fukcking simpletons. The Browns will not win 3 games in 2018. Dorsey is a coffee fetcher who came to Cleveland just like Policy, Holmgren, Sewage and Sashi did, to get a free ride on the most gullible franchise in the history of the NFL.

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I don't think there are that many bigger markets out there.   And how many will be willing to pony up the 1 billion dollars to build a new stadium?   Not as many as you think.

There are no bigger markets – none none in America they do not have an NFL team. Unless you want to send them to Toronto or London or some cowpoop place like that noThere are no bigger markets – none none in America they do not have an NFL team. Unless you want to send them to Toronto or London or some cowpoop place like that no

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

A TRAVESTY? For whom? Fans in what city? What state? Who, other than the 50% of fans in NE Ohio who are not Steeler fans would this be a travesty to?

Seriously? Who in the USA would give a flying phuck if the Browns were moved and renamed? you guys live in a fantasy world. It's like President trump put a wall around this board and most of you idiots can't see out. If you cannot see that Lerner and Haslam have greatly devalued the Browns brand to the point that 31 other owners, advertisers and financiers are not concerned, then you really are simpletons.

Go ahead, complain, protest, get mad that someone "dares" to suggest that this team is now in play. But it IS in play. The NFL is all about the NFL, it is all about money, and the powers that be are not going to let an ever-dwindling group of self-important fans put a stranglehold on the organization's profits.

You guys once again believe we are FINALLY poised to move forward, but we are not. Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He has already been bent over by Haslam to accept Hue Jackson. What NFL team would keep this turd? Yet, it is HASLAM who chooses the Head Coach, NOT the supposed football genius. No GM with any level of determination to win would take a job in Cleveland given the owner decides who the coach is.

You think IF next year we fire Hue, all of a sudden Haslam is going to change his style, back off and say,  Okay Dorkey...YOU pick the HC? Not a fauking chance. Haslam is a nincompoop and the other owners give him dumb advice, which he and Lerner both followed.

You think Haslam is going to force Hue...but not force his will on the 2018 draft? YOu are fukcking simpletons. The Browns will not win 3 games in 2018. Dorsey is a coffee fetcher who came to Cleveland just like Policy, Holmgren, Sewage and Sashi did, to get a free ride on the most gullible franchise in the history of the NFL.

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd go if it was in S.A. because they have a new 80 and 85 mph legal straight shot on 130 Toll Road from Georgetown to I-10 just east of SA. Just start them in the Alamodome and go from there when ready. And BTW no sane person drives to Jerryworld from anywhere S of Austin to see the boys. More likely to Steal fans from the Texans.

Alamodome is a great place for a football game, honestly.

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

Alamodome is a great place for a football game, honestly.

I'm sure it is....but I doubt any NFL teams are going to  move there because of how old it is.   Any team relocating is going to want a shiny new stadium with lots of luxury boxes and restaurants and all that bull shit so they can rake in more money.   Jerry World set the bar and now each team is going to want one of them if they move to a new city.

All of u are missing the point, these players hate playing in and for cleveland. They dont want to come here. Those that do play such half asses football im not even sure they play the same game. Srsly i know we've all switched over to the late games after watching the browns turd it up, and those games just look different. Watching two competent teams play against each other u can see how sht moves differently in those games. Its like the browns play ncaafb 1.5

Archived