• Tennessee Titans
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Atlanta Falcons

I was thinking of doing this thread just so we could have a playoff chat and forget about how our beloved team is doing and what does its future look like. 

One of the joys of the NFL is that every year the Playoff Picture changes a lot, though some teams are constantly in the playoffs, many others come and go. I have to say that this is something that attracted me to this sport as Spanish soccer is a constant abuse of Madrid and Barcelona (economically too), but I digress... This sport changes a lot because it involves more players with more specific tasks than any other sport, and salary cap, injuries and the short time of american football players force every team to redo their roster and tactics from one year to another. 

But as any other sport, you can do the same questions when coming to its grand finale: Which team deserves it the most? Which one would you like to see winning? Which one do you think will win? It's the brain, the heart and the gut, respectively, trying to answer each question. 

It's good enough if you  vote, but I would like to know your reasons too.

I would like Minnesota to win because I think they deserve it as their starting RB and QB got injured, and didn't have their top WRs for some games. It's a solid team with good coaches, and I would like to see them win for once, 4 SB losses is way tol big of a punishment. I always liked them. 

Anyway, I think the Saints are going to take it, both because their coach and QB have been there before, and because it's a really balanced team in my opinion. They have an offense that can deliver in the toughest moments and their defense with Lattimore and other additions has made a step up. 

I don't vote for New England because they haven't been consistent enough IMO, their defense has big holes and it's hard to repeat back to back SBs. I didn't vote the Rams either because McVay and Goff are kind of rookies and it's hard to believe they will pull it out on their first playoff trip. For example, Zimmer shut down their offense when they faced the Vikes and adjustments are vital in playoff games (there's NE to prove that). 

#1 Seattle did not make it in so delete them and add Atlanta. They would get my vote there. I would love to see the hottest team (NO) make it, but coming up through wild card is really hard. They turned their season around when they got rid of the 3 headed RB monster (Peterson out) and used the other two with Bressball. And they have the D now too.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

#1 Seattle did not make it in so delete them and add Atlanta. They would get my vote there. I would love to see the hottest team (NO) make it, but coming up through wild card is really hard. They turned their season around when they got rid of the 3 headed RB monster (Peterson out) and used the other two with Bressball. And they have the D now too.

Man, I double checked every question (it took some time to set the poll up) and still messed it up, lol. 

Thanks, I edited and put the Falcons on that one too.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I would like Minnesota to win because 

....the Browns lead them 16-15 at the end of 3 qtrs in London.

I cannot, will not ever root for an AFC team not named the Browns. It's unlikely Buffalo or KC make any noise, but I could tolerate it, their fans are great.

I was thinking Saints or Panthers in the NFC,  but Carolina has kind of wet the bed down the stretch.

All that being written, I expect the champ to be Pittsburgh or New England, whomever gets the breaks (strange officiating) will win the whole shebang. As much as I hate em, the Squealers offense when clicking is unstoppable. But BB is in Tomlin's head.

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Make the right moves, like wr, qb and db's...and the Browns will shock the NFL next season.

LOL. You're kidding me, right? Tell me you read the tag of this thread. 

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

LOL. You're kidding me, right? Tell me you read the tag of this thread. 

I did. But you limited your choices, and I didn't like any of them. So, there ya go.

35 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The Rams are going to shock the Pats and the world!

If that happens .. Then you know the NFL is fixed.

Rooting for the Saints. I picked the Vikes to win it ... Who ever comes out of the NFC will be the best team.

Not sure who "deserves it", but I picked the Eagles because of their long suffering fans ... But fuck them, I always root against a team winning a SB before the Browns do.

Zombo

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

If that happens .. Then you know the NFL is fixed.

..... or they got a great, young Head Coach (that nobody ever heard of until he was hired) who is able to spot talent (Cooper Kupp in the 3rd round, and he didn't even need to take 4WRs in the same draft to find him) and put the players that he has in the best possible position to succeed...... all of that while dealing with moving the franchise, practicing in another city and playing in a makeshift home stadium. 

Simply amazing what a good (or BAD) Head Coach can (or can NOT) do...... GO RAMS!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

..... or they got a great, young Head Coach (that nobody ever heard of until he was hired) who is able to spot talent (Cooper Kupp in the 3rd round, and he didn't even need to take 4WRs in the same draft to find him) and put the players that he has in the best possible position to succeed...... all of that while dealing with moving the franchise, practicing in another city and playing in a makeshift home stadium. 

Simply amazing what a good (or BAD) Head Coach can (or can NOT) do...... GO RAMS!!!!! 

McVay moved with the franchise and made the picks? Woah, he's better than I thought! Although... The moving was on 2016 and he joined in 2017.

I'd like the Eagles to win it. Just because they don't have Wentz and everybody thinks he is a god. And maybe if they are able to win it without him, everyone could learn something.

4 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I wouldn't hate the Buffalo bills as Superbowl champs 

Me neither. But I see it far from happening. 

It would be a huge story, though. They were rebuilding, everyone thought they would be tanking this year, and there you go: playoffs and Superbowl!

4 hours ago, StinkHole said:

If anyone deserves anything, JAX deserves a shot.

Jax is only one of 4 teams to have never played in a Super Bowl. Can't think of a fanbase more deserving.

Well played. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

That would be a fair argument......30 years from now.

So now all of a sudden the browns NFL Championships don't count?

According to you, NFL Championships carry the same weight as Super Bowls.

Jax has been in the league 23yrs. and never played in a league championship game.

Deserves: Eagles... they've put together the best team.

Like to: Vikes... I really like Zimmer. I'd love to see the best D plus a persistent running attack win again. And do it "at home".

Think will: Pats... who else? Easiest path to Minnesota...

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

So now all of a sudden the browns NFL Championships don't count?

According to you, NFL Championships carry the same weight as Super Bowls.

Jax has been in the league 23yrs. and never played in a league championship game.

This is why everyone knows that Steeler fans are obtuse.  It isn't a matter of "how many titles or where those titles came from, but" but a matter of "how long has it been that a fan base has been waiting.  The Jags fan base didn't exist until 1995 when the franchise was formed. Think of all the other fan bases that have been waiting much longer than them,  either in winning a title....or even appearing in a league championship game. In terms of "winning"....it is probably over half the league:  Detroit Lions not since 1957.  Eagles and Vikings since 1960, Oilers/Titans since 1961, Chargers since 1963, Browns since 1964.  Bills since 1965.  Falcons since 1966 ir 67. Bengals since 1968.  Other teams that have not won since before the Jags were formed:   Raiders 1983, Cardinals...no matter where they play...since 1947;  even the Cowboys won their last title the year the Jags came into  existance.  The Chiefs, the Bears,  the Dolphins, the Redskins, the Jets.  That is over half the league that is at least as deserving as the Jags.

If you are just talking about teams that have made the current playoffs...then you have the Eagles/Vikings/Falcons/Chiefs/Bills/Titans.

And while the St. Louis Rams have won an SB since the Jags were formed.....the LA market has not had a title since the departed Raiders won in 1983.   And also note, the Panthers have gone just as long as the Jags...since they both were formed the same year.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:02 AM, Browns149 said:

I’d like to see the Bills win. 

I'd like to see Sophia Vergara naked  

Archived