THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn at Browns camp ahead of Jamarcus at Raiders camp

OconRecon

More cold hard facts, per John Clayton this morning. "Jamarcus Russell continues to struggle with his accuracy compared to Quinn who is accurate".

I for one was surprised when Jamarcus kept rising in the weeks prior to the '07 draft and Quinn was slipping. It was classic draft stuff - enamored with numbers. "He can flip the ball 70 yards", "he's bigger and stronger than the other QB's", yada, yada.

I think he's somewhere between Akili Smith and Vince Young and that's about it. The only was he is better is if he gets a Randy Moss type of WR who will go get anything, like Culpepper had in Moss with the Vikings.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AdaM
I never got the hype with Russell either. I thought the guy was more along the lines of a flyer in the third round. (Yeah, I'm nuts)

Pretty sure he'll be a tight end in a few years

remember that "incredible" game that Quinn had vs the Broncos with a sparkling 104 QB rating?

Jamarcus played the Broncos twice last year and had ratings of 111 in the first game and a 149 in the second game.

Sort of like how DA made his claim to fame by feasting on Miami and Cincy two years ago?

Good morning Fraud.

If Quinn ends up good, Lane Kiffin gets another point in his blood war with Al Davis. He forced the team to offer #5 money to Quinn at the #1 slot... and Quinn and his agent understandably told them to fukc off. At that point, Quinn wanted to be a Brown and still believed they'd take him at #3 or in a minor trade down.

Kiffin wanted Quinn over Russell based on the kind of offense he wanted to run. Russell proves that you can have a huge arm and natural throwing ability... yet not be an NFL quarterback. He lacks the focus, demeanor, leadership skills, and work ethic. He gets fat. He seems detached. There have always been rumors that he doesn't really love football all that much.

He's an odd one.

sure he did shep.

Quinn is the victim of more conspiracy theories than the mafioso if you believe this guy.

The thing I want to know is, if all these coaches were fighting to take him #1, why did he go #22?

Guest AdaM
sure he did shep.

Quinn is the victim of more conspiracy theories than the mafioso if you believe this guy.

The thing I want to know is, if all these coaches were fighting to take him #1, why did he go #22?

Who cares.

All of you shut the hell up already, just let the QB's battle and you can praise / condemn the winner or loser of your choice once we actually know who's starting.

remember that "incredible" game that Quinn had vs the Broncos with a sparkling 104 QB rating?

Jamarcus played the Broncos twice last year and had ratings of 111 in the first game and a 149 in the second game.

Quinn had all of 3 days to prepare. How much time was Jammercuss given for each of those games?

Yeah he beat teams the caliber of Denver.

As opposed to Quinn.

Maybe someday you'll get a quarter out of your purse and buy yourself a clue.

I'm not counting too much on it though. You've made it quite clear you're only

too happy to stop in here and do your damndest to continue telling the whole

world whatever suits your self serving agenda.

The Cleveland Browns lost that game to the Denver Broncos.

Quinn didn't play any defense in that game. The scoreboard didn't say Quinn vs. Denver Broncos

sure he did shep.

Still just as clueless as Cam Cameron. Who had his head in a dark place that day.

Miami sorely needed a starting QB. Every other team including Cleveland was taking care of top priorities first.

Just as they should be. That's why the Browns have Joe Thomas.

If Quinn ends up good, Lane Kiffin gets another point in his blood war with Al Davis. He forced the team to offer #5 money to Quinn at the #1 slot... and Quinn and his agent understandably told them to fukc off. At that point, Quinn wanted to be a Brown and still believed they'd take him at #3 or in a minor trade down.

Kiffin wanted Quinn over Russell based on the kind of offense he wanted to run. Russell proves that you can have a huge arm and natural throwing ability... yet not be an NFL quarterback. He lacks the focus, demeanor, leadership skills, and work ethic. He gets fat. He seems detached. There have always been rumors that he doesn't really love football all that much.

He's an odd one.

"Quinn wanted to be a Brown" ... I saw numerous quotes from Quinn pre-draft that he wanted to be the #1 pick. I'm thinking he only "wanted to be a Brown" once it became apparent he'd fall at least a couple of spots.

Guest AdaM
"Quinn wanted to be a Brown" ... I saw numerous quotes from Quinn pre-draft that he wanted to be the #1 pick. I'm thinking he only "wanted to be a Brown" once it became apparent he'd fall at least a couple of spots.

A lifetime of the Browns being his favorite team might also have something to do with it..... wow.

That's redundant. Of course he wanted to be #1. But if not #1 then a Cleveland Brown, There was talk of Cleveland going to #1 that year also to get the QB of their choice.

Did he do it on two days practice, or had he already started some games.

Dumbass.

Perhaps you could spin us a tale of how such a super awesome QB like DA slipped past all 32 teams nearly 6 times?

Hmm?

I can't wait to hear this one...

That is pretty funny.

Personally, if I was in love with the local boy made big it would be awesome to think how a guy that was a sixth rounder made it to the level he's at and got paid for it, but since you put it that way.......

Whoa, so much crack ingestion here. Quinn talked about wanting to be a Brown a thousand times.

He's said plenty after the draft.... before the draft I was seeing quotes like this... "I had three goals coming into the season," Quinn said. "I wanted to win a national championship, win the Heisman and be the No. 1 pick in the draft. The first two didn't work out so well. The third we'll have to see."

I have seen outside claims that the Browns were his childhood favorite, and I don't doubt that, but he often claimed he wanted to be #1, even to the point of saying head to head he was more NFL ready than Russell.

My guess is that he would have been plenty happy to be elsewhere if drafted earlier than he was.

My guess is that he would have been plenty happy to be elsewhere if drafted earlier than he was.

No shit Sherlock.

What did he cough up by not getting #1 money, $30m? There's not a player coming out of college that would say, "I'd rather drop to 22 to get drafted by my favorite team". That's nothing notable about Quinn.

You Trailers are losing it big time.

Drunky, not sure if you and Lumfredrick get together and agree on your DA fetishes but all he has ever claimed is that we are Queen Queers. The reason we are Queer for Quinnie is because he was a Browns fan growing up and wanted to play here. Remember Drunky?

Perhaps you should chill out on the getting drunk and stupid.

Lums here is where stats show how really full of crap you are and that Stat's don't mean all that much.

* iin the first game vs denver... Oakland lost 41 to 14... so what good did that passer rating do for his team? He fumbled twice in this game which don't effect his passer rating but killed his team. Both his touchdowns were meaningless gimmes in the 4th quarter when the game was decided or it would have been a shutout.

* in the second game.. of the amazing 11 whole passes he threw (wow) he only completed 4 to a wide reciever. This ended 15 quarters without a td..

So much for Russell. I'll take any of our 3 qb's all day long

You're right.

This was totally photoshopped:

file42-47.jpg

It's probably better if you shy away from our History pre-Anderson... so far, it's not going very well for you.

Guest Aloysius

From the Feb. 21, 2007 edition of USA Today:

Brady Quinn arrives at the NFL scouting combine that starts today in Indianapolis with a chip on his shoulder.

Before his senior season at Notre Dame, the 6-4, 233-pound quarterback set three goals for himself: win a national championship, win the Heisman Trophy and go No.1 in the April draft.

"Obviously," he says, "two of the three didn't work out. And that's why I feel so driven, so motivated to be the No. 1 pick. It makes me work harder and harder to be that guy."

[...]

The Oakland Raiders, who won two games in 2006, and the Detroit Lions, winners of three, have the first two picks. The Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will pick third and fourth, the order to be settled by a coin flip.

Quinn, from Dublin, Ohio, says he's partial to the Browns because of his roots.

"But that's where it ends," he says. "My goal is to put myself, after the combine, in a position where I'm at the top, and every team is like, 'That kid is so valuable, maybe, if we don't need him, we still have to take him.'

"I want to be the No.1 pick. As far as playing for a certain team, I don't want to say it doesn't matter a lot, but that's my goal."

HOLY SHIT! A good point, complete with statistics!!!

The moment Lumbergh enters a thread marks the point at which it completely devolves into pure garbage.

Fvck you Lumbergh, for ruining a great forum. And I've almost got to throw the same thanks to the mods for allowing it.

From the Feb. 21, 2007 edition of USA Today:QUOTE

Brady Quinn arrives at the NFL scouting combine that starts today in Indianapolis with a chip on his shoulder.

Before his senior season at Notre Dame, the 6-4, 233-pound quarterback set three goals for himself: win a national championship, win the Heisman Trophy and go No.1 in the April draft.

"Obviously," he says, "two of the three didn't work out. And that's why I feel so driven, so motivated to be the No. 1 pick. It makes me work harder and harder to be that guy."

[...]

The Oakland Raiders, who won two games in 2006, and the Detroit Lions, winners of three, have the first two picks. The Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will pick third and fourth, the order to be settled by a coin flip.

Quinn, from Dublin, Ohio, says he's partial to the Browns because of his roots.

"But that's where it ends," he says. "My goal is to put myself, after the combine, in a position where I'm at the top, and every team is like, 'That kid is so valuable, maybe, if we don't need him, we still have to take him.'

"I want to be the No.1 pick. As far as playing for a certain team, I don't want to say it doesn't matter a lot, but that's my goal."

pretty hard to spin that. thanks Aloysius for digging it up.

his "roots" seem to refer more to geography than it does his fandom, especially when the supporting evidence is a picture taken when his parents were still buying his clothes and dressing him. all that pic says to me is his parents are Browns fans.

many of you guys in this thread are guilty of exactly what you accuse Lumbergh of being. i'm not so much a DA fan as i am a guy who respects results over potential. along with being a fan of underdogs by nature and one who can't help but despise the mainstream, i consider myself fairly neutral regarding our QB's. the homer Quinn bias is obvious to me and it entertains me that so many of you would be so blatantly hypocritical.

his "roots" seem to refer more to geography than it does his fandom, especially when the supporting evidence is a picture taken when his parents were still buying his clothes and dressing him. all that pic says to me is his parents are Browns fans.

many of you guys in this thread are guilty of exactly what you accuse Lumbergh of being. i'm not so much a DA fan as i am a guy who respects results over potential. along with being a fan of underdogs by nature and one who can't help but despise the mainstream, i consider myself fairly neutral regarding our QB's. the homer Quinn bias is obvious to me and it entertains me that so many of you would be so blatantly hypocritical.

So you're not really a Browns fan either, you just happened to be born in Ohio? Or you're not a true Browns fan until you pay for your 1st jersey?

Am I really reading this shit?

Look, the post Al dug up is no doubt legit, but it contains the words of a driven individual. Do you want your offensive leader (and someone also looking to finally get paid for the dedication of the last 10 years of their life) to tell the press/whomever that he "can wait to be drafted whenever the Browns feel like it? Hell, if they just invite me for a look at camp, that'd be cool enough." Come on, buddy.

D&S was just trying to spin the facts so it would appear that BQ only became a Browns fan once he was drafted by them. Much like he only became one when DA went airborne for four hundsky vs. Cincy. And we're all calling out his bullshit.

So you're not really a Browns fan either, you just happened to be born in Ohio? Or you're not a true Browns fan until you pay for your 1st jersey?

Am I really reading this shit?

Look, the post Al dug up is no doubt legit, but it contains the words of a driven individual. Do you want your offensive leader (and someone also looking to finally get paid for the dedication of the last 10 years of their life) to tell the press/whomever that he "can wait to be drafted whenever the Browns feel like it? Hell, if they just invite me for a look at camp, that'd be cool enough." Come on, buddy.

D&S was just trying to spin the facts so it would appear that BQ only became a Browns fan once he was drafted by them. Much like he only became one when DA went airborne for four hundsky vs. Cincy. And we're all calling out his bullshit.

i didn't read it that way. pushing his Browns fandom has never been Quinn's agenda, it's been his fans. it goes on and on and on. the QB scale is often so tipped in here i'm thankful those guys are members here just to help level things out against the overwhelming majority.

most everyone on every roster are probably driven individuals looking to be compensated for ten years invested in football. Quinn is not an exception.

Quinn is a Brown now. he has the freedom and ability but has never come clean and said "Pshew.... thank heaven's you guys traded up to get me, this is exactly where i wanted to be" or some other such b.s.

besides the fact so many are brainwashed and he doesn't need to say that now it would undoubtedly hurt his resale value, something he wouldn't be concerned with if it were all about the orange and brown. i'm sure it's convenient to visit his family by car but there's no way in hell it's a deal-breaker to be elsewhere. it's a business to him first, foremost, and possible solely.

his interest now is getting at least 50% of the snaps in '09 so his escalators kick in. (or is it 70% now?) if it were all about being a Brown (like it was for Bernie) he wouldn't have held out two years ago before eventually signing basically the same thing they put in front of him right after the draft. wake up guys.

You respect results?

So what results has DA delivered consistently? He's consistenly inconsistent, that's about it. The fact you keep pimping him tells me that you DON'T respect 'results over potential'.

Give me a xxxxing break, 'Mr. Neutral'. There's a Quinn bias here, because we're sick of watching Anderson throw games away, and we want to see what the guy who was highly touted, won a lot of games at Notre Dame and set records while there can do. I can't name one poster who is on this board because he is a 'Brady Quinn' fan. If it were Sanchez, or any other QB we picked in the first round sitting behind Anderson, we'd STILL feel the same way. Hell, look at the way we felt with Couch and Holcomb.

There is no bias 'for Quinn' per se. There's a bias against seeing a guy shit the bed every time he's put into a pressure situation.

Jesus. Some people go beyond Retarded.

Archived