THE BROWNS BOARD

To The Poster That Wanted Greg Roman as OC

MLD Woody

Rumors flying around that he may be joining Harbaugh at Michigan (and damn if we don't need it). So he may be off of the board. Though Texan's QB coach may be a good get.

Just passing on this info. Don't turn this thread down the path I'm a afraid it will go.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Rumors flying around that he may be joining Harbaugh at Michigan (and damn if we don't need it). So he may be off of the board. Though Texan's QB coach may be a good get.

Just passing on this info. Don't turn this thread down the path I'm a afraid it will go.

I'm one of the few die hard Buckeye fans on this board that love it when Michigan and OSU are undefeated until we meet.  That way the best team will go to the National Title and the next best will go to the bowl against the PAC 10's best.  Always felt this way and always will.  

I thought it was unlikely we landed Roman because Hue can't let go of the offense. If we land a legit OC I'll take it back but I don't think any offensive guys worth their salt wantojg to work with hue. 

The Texans QB has never ran an offense as far as I know, so I don' see him being a good hire

5 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

I'm one of the few die hard Buckeye fans on this board that love it when Michigan and OSU are undefeated until we meet.  That way the best team will go to the National Title and the next best will go to the bowl against the PAC 10's best.  Always felt this way and always will.  

I concur, the good ole days right?

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Rumors flying around that he may be joining Harbaugh at Michigan

Indianapolis you mean?

(and damn if we don't need it). So he may be off of the board. Though Texan's QB coach may be a good get.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

I concur, the good ole days right?

Most people on this board want Michigan to lose every game.  I on the other hand, want both teams to win.  That way the biggest game is in the Big 10 and you're guaranteed at least a National title contender.  Big 10 fan all the way.

13 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I on the other hand, want both teams to win.  That way the biggest game is in the Big 10 and you're guaranteed at least a National title contender.

Yup... loved the days when the Buckeyes and Big Blue were eye-ballin' each other starting in the Spring, because we knew it was all going to depend on the result of that last game.

I feel the same about the us and the Steelers. In our very long history there was only a couple brief periods when one or the other of us did not suck fairly hard...

I mean... This year was could have been won with anything above C- QB play (not our 3rd string) and last year was 2OT, in Cbus, on a controversial call by an inch.... so let's not act like these games aren't competive recently.

But yeah, two Titans meeting is great. Though with everything we've had to endure, I'd be ok if OSU went through the same :)

Some of the games have been competitive even when the seasons have not been, but once upon a time we were both vying for the then "mythical" national title for many seasons.

Hue won't give up offensive control even though that is his only chance to do well next season. It also feels like he is dragging his feet on an OC search. I get there are plenty more teams who will have guys available to interview after the wildcards, but he has interviewed 1 guy for OC and another for some assistant position. Also its been reported that the QB coach from the Texan's isn't going to take the job because of the fact he won't be given play calling duties. Its a cluster Shmuck. As soon as the Chiefs are available to have coaches interview, we need to just finally say Shmuck it, drop Hue, and go after their Special Teams Coordinator. 

50 minutes ago, Harry Buffalo said:

Hue won't give up offensive control even though that is his only chance to do well next season. It also feels like he is dragging his feet on an OC search. I get there are plenty more teams who will have guys available to interview after the wildcards, but he has interviewed 1 guy for OC and another for some assistant position. Also its been reported that the QB coach from the Texan's isn't going to take the job because of the fact he won't be given play calling duties. Its a cluster Shmuck. As soon as the Chiefs are available to have coaches interview, we need to just finally say Shmuck it, drop Hue, and go after their Special Teams Coordinator. 

I am wondering if Haslam understands how much hatred will be spewed toward Hue by the fans if he keeps him on.

Of course...he may be more interested in working out a deal to buy the Tits and get rid of the Browns.     If might even be worth keeping Hue if that happens.

Archived