THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor Wants Back On Browns?

BrownsFan4Evr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Thanks, but no thanks.  He had his opportunity and blew it.  

Hey, the Prodigal Son returns, duly humbled. I have no objections at the right price. Past Josh & (maybe) Cold-Hands, we have around nothing. Duke Johnson lead the team in receptions.

No TP , You had your chance.. You bet on yourself and you lost... How can we count on you.. If you can't even count on yourself?

Many people felt this would be a possibility, but the main problem is with the agent, Rosenhaus. He's a known douche bag and always seems to cause trouble during contract time. For the people who don't want him back, I don't really understand that logic. He's got a nice catch radius, he played hard for Hue, and I think he'd be a good fit with Coleman and Gordon. We keep hearing about how difficult it is going to be to get players to come to Cleveland, well perhaps we have a guy who WANTS to come here, and I think we should make it happen. 

The Browns are simply not in a position to reject a player that has performed well in the team, specially in the receiving corps, and I'd say that he could land here for a cheap price.

Getting a top WR Free Agent in March and drafting another one in second round might not be enough considering how little availability both Coleman and Josh Gordon have shown. Adding Terrell Pryor to those two other additions would be a nice move.

He must mot be getting any intetest whatsoever from other teams. That being said, for a fuk lot less than he wanted before......sure. If he asks for anything near 7-8m doesey had better just raise his hands and say get out have a nice day. 

If we give TP a big contract and he cones here to fuk off cause he knows his nfl days are more or less over.......😡😡😡😡😡

Love the replies that draw upon some last reserve supply of pride...

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Sure. If he wants to be #4 WR, #3 QB, and play special teams for about $2 mil per year...

Yup... not as if the guy did not bring some functionality to our passing game in 2016.

He may not be great, but he's an upgrade.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Get him cheap, why not? We're not in a position to turn down WR help

Absolutely.

There isn't one WR on the roster currently that I feel like the Browns can count on for 2018.

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Many people felt this would be a possibility, but the main problem is with the agent, Rosenhaus. He's a known douche bag and always seems to cause trouble during contract time. For the people who don't want him back, I don't really understand that logic. He's got a nice catch radius, he played hard for Hue, and I think he'd be a good fit with Coleman and Gordon. We keep hearing about how difficult it is going to be to get players to come to Cleveland, well perhaps we have a guy who WANTS to come here, and I think we should make it happen. 

There is a lot of truth in this post. Rosenhaus is a cancer and probably directed him to test the market where he could get him untold millions of dollars. Best thing TP could do is find a new agent.

I’d venture a bet that a decent amount of the people poopooing this idea today were the ones who were supremely butthurt when Pryor left.

He’s cheap, has decent hands, and probably wouldn’t have dropped that pass last Sunday. 

Shmuck it, Sign Pryor to a 3 yr/ $18m deal, then trade Coleman for a second round pick. Sign Landry to a mega deal, and bring in Sammy Watkins as WR4.

Draft Rosen R1P1, Fitzpatrick R1P4, then package the new second and Houston second to move back up into the first and take Derwin James. Take Nick Chubb R2P1 and BPA with the next second.

Let Rosen have a WR corps of Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor and Sammy Watkins. Give him a backfield of Chubb and Duke.  

Give Williams a defensive backfield of James, Peppers, and Fitzpatrick along with a healthy Ogbah, Ogunjobi, Shelton and Garrett. 

If you can’t win a football game with that sort of sheer athletic talent, then we have a serious problem.

5 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I’d venture a bet that a decent amount of the people poopooing this idea today were the ones who were supremely butthurt when Pryor left.

He’s cheap, has decent hands, and probably wouldn’t have dropped that pass last Sunday. 

Shmuck it, Sign Pryor to a 3 yr/ $18m deal, then trade Coleman for a second round pick. Sign Landry to a mega deal, and bring in Sammy Watkins as WR4.

Draft Rosen R1P1, Fitzpatrick R1P4, then package the new second and Houston second to move back up into the first and take Derwin James. Take Nick Chubb R2P1 and BPA with the next second.

Let Rosen have a WR corps of Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor and Sammy Watkins. Give him a backfield of Chubb and Duke.  

Give Williams a defensive backfield of James, Peppers, and Fitzpatrick along with a healthy Ogbah, Ogunjobi, Shelton and Garrett. 

If you can’t win a football game with that sort of sheer athletic talent, then we have a serious problem.

Sign me up for all of this.

10 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Whoa you’re making way too much sense, so probably not going to happen 

Perfect! I wished that we'd get to see Gordon - Pryor - Coleman together. Now add in a couple more young veterans in Higgins and Louis, coupled with Njoku and DeValve! Hogan is going to have a field day. 16-0 Next year baby~ 

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

That sounds good. But I can't be so optimistic about it. 

I like the whole plan, but James looks more like an early than a mid/late first round pick, going from #33 to let's say #12 it's going to take a lot, mostly if there still some hot QBs to draft. 

Sammy Watkins is a great receiver, we could use him as a deep threat, yes, but he hasn't been a beast in his tenure in the Bills. I've heard from Buffalo fans that he is a 'highlight' player, who lacks constant production, and that's why they traded him. He has been enjoying a great offense in the Rams, and now is going to the playoffs with serious possibilities to take the ring. Only thing that could encourage him to move from LA would be his weight in the team: in his first 2 years in Buffalo, he averaged 4 and 5 receptions per game (2014, and 2015 respectively), whereas in the Rams he has 2/3 of the receptions he had in those years, averaging little more than 2 recs/G. And he won't feel he'll be WR#1 if Gordon stays. 

2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Thats a good plan, but I'd exchange Watkins out for somebody a little more reliable, plus he isn't going to want to leave the Rams and I doubt they'd let him walk so soon...

Pryor had his head on straight as a QB (he just wasn't very good).  But when he switched to receiver he became a trash talking jerk.  And he was a 15 yard unsportsman-like conduct penalty waiting to happen.  Now, having said that.....he's got good size, speed and usually catches the ball.  -  I'd bring him in for a chat.

7 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Dont underestimate hues suckage. Hold my beer as i coach this all to hell! A hahahahaha....

11 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Makes good sense. Obviously you're not from Tennessee ⛄

Archived