THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor Wants Back On Browns?

BrownsFan4Evr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Maybe deshone kizer should become a WR

TE! He is perfect for the position and fast enough to become a great one IMO. Has big enough hands for someone to teach him how to catch properly.

Good article....

19 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I’d venture a bet that a decent amount of the people poopooing this idea today were the ones who were supremely butthurt when Pryor left.

Truest bit in your fanciful post.

• 1 month later...

What would it take to sign Pryor to a 2-3 year deal?? He's a pretty big target and plays with a chip. He's even more seasoned now that he was when he was with us before. I know he kind of burned a bridge with Sashi, but he's gone now and Dorsey is looking for real football players... Is Pryor one of those that we could be interested in? I would say yeah, let's do it. Let's try and get the band back together, maybe now they are ready to be something special. Gordon, Pryor, Coleman and the 'Practice' Squad. 

Taylor Gabriel is also a FA this year, bring him home?

42 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

What would it take to sign Pryor to a 2-3 year deal?? He's a pretty big target and plays with a chip. He's even more seasoned now that he was when he was with us before. I know he kind of burned a bridge with Sashi, but he's gone now and Dorsey is looking for real football players... Is Pryor one of those that we could be interested in? I would say yeah, let's do it. Let's try and get the band back together, maybe now they are ready to be something special. Gordon, Pryor, Coleman and the 'Practice' Squad. 

Vet minimum? Just kidding. He better be willing to work cheap though. Instead of Pryor, Jarvis Landry will be on the market if the 'Fins don't franchise him. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

He better be willing to work cheap though.  

That's my problem. Pryor seemed to play lazy,taking more plays off so Gruden benched him. Seems that he played to the disappointment to his contract? 

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

That's my problem. Pryor seemed to play lazy,taking more plays off so Gruden benched him. Seems that he played to the disappointment to his contract? 

WOW! A perfect mate for Gordon...I can hear it now..."Thanks Josh, now you can take THIS play off, & Corey...Corey? Where ARE you Corey?"

Oh boy, would we be set  at WR!!  :rolleyes:

Mike

8 hours ago, darren15 said:

Is Braylon Edwards doing anything ?

Winslow is out riding his Harley somewhere. Brian Robiski is available. Massaquoi could try to make history as the first one handed receiver in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Winslow is out riding his Harley somewhere. Brian Robiski is available. Massaquoi could try to make history as the first one handed receiver in the NFL. 

Massaquoi would still catch more passes than Coleman

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Not sure about that- I did call him Massivedrop when he was on the Browns.  :)  

The freaking Venus Di Milo would catch more than Coleman

49 minutes ago, darren15 said:

The freaking Venus Di Milo would catch more than Coleman

Coleman just needs to get his confidence back and play like he knows how... and stay healthy :)

38 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Coleman just needs to get his confidence back and play like he knows how... and stay healthy :)

Both can be tenuous, once a player gets the yips he better get some WR guru training or something before becoming a high priced bench warmer, like a RB with the drops.

And healthy? Who knows there, hopefully he pleasantly surprises us all......soon.

I literally can't stomach another 1st round bust. Corey Coleman better be healthy, and he better be good. And we better get someone who can hit him in stride. 

I used to say that Coleman should be a slot receiver.  But nope, those slot guys have to CATCH the ball.  

For me, that ball he dropped against Pittsburgh at the end of the game, did it to me.  He dropped our chance to beat the Steelers!  THE STEELERS!!  He didn't even have to move to catch it.  He was just standing there.  -  He's got a LOT to do to earn my respect back.  He's useless to me.  THE STEELERS YOU IDIOT COLEMAN!!!

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I literally can't stomach another 1st round bust. Corey Coleman better be healthy, and he better be good. And we better get someone who can hit him in stride. 

Coleman's magical 3rd year comes up... If he doesn't show any consistent progress this season.. it's time to move on from him...

For what it's worth, Mary Kay reported that Pryor would welcome the opportunity to play with the Browns again, and it's likely we'd want him back as well. She went on to say that Pryor didn't really want to leave, and after we signed Britt (quality move, Sashi) the money designed for the WR position was spent. Pryor's agent screwed up, but Pryor ultimately had the last say. I'd have very little issue with signing both Pryor AND Landry this offseason, and that would give us much needed depth, speed, and ability at a crucial offensive position. I mean, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Terrell Pryor, and Corey Coleman appears to be a nice little arsenal, especially when you toss in other weapons like Duke Johnson, David Njoku, Seth Devalve, whoever we draft (anybody like Saquon Barkley out there?) What could AJ McCarron do with a supporting cast like that? A solid OL? Would we have a legitimate offense...finally? 

You know, what I don't hear too much about is our defense. I realize QBs consume much of our time and energy (especially if you are a Browns fan) but an equally disturbing issue is the lack of a quality defense. Our offense played well enough in a couple games to win, but our defense was just so abysmal in the red zone and simply could not force turnovers. As much as I love Saquon, I don't think we can go QB and RB with picks 1 and 4. We just need so much help on defense, and quality running backs will be available in round 2 (very quality actually). Minkah Fitzpatrick is still the pick at 4, and even though it's February, I won't change my mind. Unfortunately, I see absolutely NO WAY we make the pick at 1 and 4. We will trade down at least one of these, and I'd bet money on it. Having the 1 and 4 is simply too much temptation for a GM to have, and every single one of these arrogant jerks just HAS to prove they're the smartest and they can get more picks and still draft the biggest stud. Trust me...we're trading out from one of these, and I just pray it's not both. 

48 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

For what it's worth, Mary Kay reported that Pryor would welcome the opportunity to play with the Browns again, and it's likely we'd want him back as well. She went on to say that Pryor didn't really want to leave,

All that said, there was only 1 other NFL team that wanted him beside us when given his very first chance to stay or go.  He chose to leave the 1 NFL Team that gave his NFL career CPR in life after failure as an NFL QB for just a couple more dollars and what was allegedly going to be a much better QB to fetch passes for.  And when that ended in disappointment, he now wants to come back?

If we're going to pony up cash for a FA WR - there's a FA Pro Bowl WR with an unparalleled work ethic named Jarvis Landry.  I see Pryor as the same type of WR that Josh Gordon is in terms of the types of routes they run best (except he's not nearly as talented). Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen either guy dive for a pass?  Pryor isn't really a change of direction guy or a precise route runner. It would be nice if our WR Corps offered a variety of strengths to our QB so we're way more difficult to defend than we have been.  Beggars can't be choosy unless they have the most money to spend out of 32 NFL teams. We have the most money to spend - so let's alpha dawg this thing and lasso up Landry which would go a long way in recruiting the interest of FA QB...  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

This might sound crazy but I'm not 100% convinced Coleman is even on the roster

Yes, it is crazy that a #1 pick from 2 years ago wouldn't be on the roster.  Pryor wouldn't be a bad #3 at best WR.. not as a starter.

Speaking of free agency and best available defensive players:

OLB: Nigel Bradham, Dee Ford, Anthony Hitchens, and a bunch of scrubs.
ILB: NaVorro Bowman and a bunch of over-the-hill guys like derrick johnson.

S: Morgan Burnett, LaMarcus Joyner, Ricardo Allen, Kenny Vaccarro, Eric Reid
CB: Malcolm Butler, EJ Gaines, Rashaan Melvin, all 3 of the Bears starters [kyle fuller, prince amukumara, bryce callahan], Trumaine Johnson, and Darqueze Dennard.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Yes, it is crazy that a #1 pick from 2 years ago wouldn't be on the roster. 

Some GMs won't necessarily keep a player they didn't draft who hasn't produced much when he has actually been healthy enough to be on the active roster.

I wouldn't bet money on it, but like I said before, it wouldn't shock me if he's not with the Browns come the opening game. 

Archived