THE BROWNS BOARD

Do Brown's have a well defined 3-5 year plan that has been shared with the fans?

SissyBoyFloyd

Jimmy Haslam is the owner, so the answer is no.

Anyway, plans are never told to the public because it's better not to show your cards and future movements to the rest of the teams. 

I think the plan is still in place as it was with sashi.  Think Sashi is gone because he didn't produce.  It was either hue or him to take the fall for the last two years of no progression.  Sashi is repaced with Dorsey.  If nothing good happens in 2018 with hue he will be gone.

4 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I think the plan is still in place as it was with sashi.  Think Sashi is gone because he didn't produce.  It was either hue or him to take the fall for the last two years of no progression.  Sashi is repaced with Dorsey.  If nothing good happens in 2018 with hue he will be gone.

Here's a good good question for you all. What indicators do you need to see from now until after the draft do we need to see that verify the long term plan is still in place? One currently still there is that Depo was not sent packing along with SB. Other indicators to look for?

The problem is nothing matters until we get the qb. Sashi screwed that up multiple times, and that's why he's gone. You can plan all you want, but if you don't get the qb right, it's over. 

14 hours ago, wargograw said:

I wonder what would happen if we’d see one through 🤔

Depends on which one...

12 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I think the plan is still in place as it was with sashi.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Here's a good good question for you all. What indicators do you need to see from now until after the draft do we need to see that verify the long term plan is still in place? One currently still there is that Depo was not sent packing along with SB. Other indicators to look for?

First will be FA activity. If it's significantly higher, then we know the plan is dead.

Otherwise we won't have to look... just listen. If dissension comes rolling out of the FO during the assembly of the Big Board or after the draft, then we'll know the Sashi-era process is dead. And, no surprise, I think the plan and The Process (once more just for you D-Bone) were intertwined.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Depends on which one...

First will be FA activity. If it's significantly higher, then we know the plan is dead.

Otherwise we won't have to look... just listen. If dissension comes rolling out of the FO during the assembly of the Big Board or after the draft, then we'll know the Sashi-era process is dead. And, no surprise, I think the plan and The Process (once more just for you D-Bone) were intertwined.

However there was significant off season activity in the acquisitions of Collins, Tretter, Zietler, Ozzie, cough..Britt..choke, and others. So what will constitute "significantly higher, especially when it is obvious it needs to be significantly higher?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/cle/year/2017

41 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

However there was significant off season activity in the acquisitions of Collins, Tretter, Zietler, Ozzie, cough..Britt..choke, and others. So what will constitute "significantly higher, especially when it is obvious it needs to be significantly higher?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/cle/year/2017

Ozzie??? Osweiler? He was a player to be named in a trade. Collins was a trade acquisition in the prior season.

Britt was a replacement vet for an unretained Pryor. Tretter a backfill for a traded Erving. But both were FAs to be sure as was Zeitler.

If Dorsey goes on a FA spree, I think we'll be able to see the difference.

Newbie here also. Maybe the new gm should do what he did in KC. Browns have lots of cap money. Get Kirk cousins in free agency, use the #1 pick on the best LT to learn behind Joe Thomas get Barkley the Penn st RB in the 4th spot, ..... or use the first to drop down to 12th or 14th spot get another #1 pick for next year, get Barkley at the 4th spot and pick the best WR available with the other pick. A 5 year plan would involve Cousins being there  than you draft another QB down the road.

Archived