THE BROWNS BOARD

Patriots' dinasty finale?

Nero

It's interesting to read. What is really true and its real consequences remains to be known, but it somehow explaining the latest news coming from New England gives the article some credit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The Pats wanted to keep Jimmy, but Brady shows no signs off falling off. Jimmy wants to play now and is sick of sitting on the bench wasting his best years away. NE would also have to franchise him at a tune of 20+ mil and keep Brady on the books if Jimmy would not agree to a new contract which is very possible.

Competely agreed. It was weird the way the trade went through, though, and the article gives a possible answer that I find plausible. What's your take on the rest of it?

51 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hopefully we will see something like the Jags and Chiefs in the AFC title game....and these other boring POS teams, like Squibs and Pats can just fade away for  a few decades.

The squibs? If you're referring to the Steelers, they are hardly boring.  Between JuJU  (what a great pick eh?) Brown, Bryant, Bell, and Ben, you have arguably  the most dynamic and exciting team in this years tournament.

Yeah, the Pats are boring, but those bastards win.

Btw...don't look for the Steelers to "fade away" any time soon . Their continued success will outlive you.

Me too.

So Brady found some regimen of taking care of his body that works for him.  The reason there is no such actual "Method" for everyone in reality is that.... you can't rule out the possibility that all the ridiculous nonsense had no bearing on the results -- eg that he would also have been a great player the last 3 years without this hoohah.  Achieving results that rule out the null hypothesis is tough!

As to the dynasty end stuff.. He's 41. He'll be finished by 44,45.. and JG had to go because he didn't want to wait 4 more years to start. Sure, letting go of the GOAT is tough - but it will happen sometime.

1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

The squibs? If you're referring to the Steelers, they are hardly boring.  Between JuJU  (what a great pick eh?) Brown, Bryant, Bell, and Ben, you have arguably  the most dynamic and exciting team in this years tournament.

Yeah, the Pats are boring, but those bastards win.

Btw...don't look for the Steelers to "fade away" any time soon . Their continued success will outlive you.

Me too.

Their success will live as long as BR is playing at a high level for them.  And yes, they are certainly boring.  You may not think so because you root for them....but the rest of the world doesn't care about them and would like to see fresh blood.  I didn't say they weren't good...though I do think they may be overrated...its just more exciting that way.

But....here is some speculation I heard on the radio driving back from court this afternoon:     It seems that this whole thing is perhaps some kind of power struggle in the Pats:

a.  BB did not really want JG traded. He saw him as perhaps the team's future....and BBs attitude has always been "get rid of someone a year early rather than a year late"...so he wanted to keep JG.

b. However....TB wanted JG outta there, because he did not want to continue to look over his shoulder, as he saw JG as a potential threat to his job.

c. Bob Kraft came in on the side of Brady, and not BB....and engineered the trade that got JG outta there, thus leaving no backup QB.  though the one thing Kraft did do was to get it so that he could sign Hoyer who it was agreed would be released.  TB saw Hoyer as absolutely No threat to him and was happy with that move.

d. somewhat in retaliation, BB banned Brady's  workout guy that had been allowed in the locker room all these years.  And now...just after the JG trade which BB didn't want...this guy gets banned?

e. It is also rumored that BB has been essentially  helping both Josh McDaniels and Mike Patricia (?)   get HC jobs elsewhere.  He would like to see both of them get gigs elsewhere....rather than staying around...and then:

F.  BB will resign as the HC of the NEP.  Thus leaving that team with no BB, not McDaniels, not Patricia....no logical successor.  And he will say to TB and Kraft:  now go and win with your 41 year old QB and nothing else.

G. And...BB will then consider taking another HC gig....either with say the Giants, or Lions (where he did his first NFL stint...and where the GM is a long time former Patriots front office holder).  Or somewhere else.

So...that is the soap opera apparently playing out in New England...

.....but, lets bring this back down to the Browns:    IF  BB quits the Pats....and IF he puts it out there that he is putting himself on the market for another HC gig....would you want the Browns to dump HJ in favor of BB?   Would the Browns be something that BB would consider taking on?  After all....his tenure as Browns HC is the biggest failure of his career......and would he want to maybe make amends...and right the wrong on that portion of his legacy?  

Food for thought, no?

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Their success will live as long as BR is playing at a high level for them.  And yes, they are certainly boring.  You may not think so because you root for them....but the rest of the world doesn't care about them and would like to see fresh blood.  I didn't say they weren't good...though I do think they may be overrated...its just more exciting that way.

Lol...no, not just because I root for them. Theres not a anyone in the football world with half a brain that would consider the Steelers boring.

I guess you didn't watch the Pats game.

You can argue that the Steelers used to be boring ...but recent Steeler teams are atypical of past teams...those teams having defenses that would smack you in the mouth and an offense that would "do just enough" to win games....Rarely could they mount comebacks like this team has.

Just now, StinkHole said:

Lol...no, not just because I root for them. Theres not a anyone in the football world with half a brain that would consider the Steelers boring.

I guess you didn't watch the Pats game.

You can argue that the Steelers used to be boring ...but recent Steeler teams are atypical of past teams...those teams having defenses that would smack you in the mouth and an offense that would "do just enough" to win games....Rarely could they mount comebacks like this team has.

You are as obtuse as usual.  I am not saying the Steeler play a boring game.  They do have some exciting players and play some close even wild games...which is all fine well and good.  I am saying that we are bored with having them in contention.  Who cares if they play like the XFL or play like three yards and a cloud of dust. It is boring having them be around.  

That should not have been so hard to comprehend...but you managed it.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

.....but, lets bring this back down to the Browns:    IF  BB quits the Pats....and IF he puts it out there that he is putting himself on the market for another HC gig....would you want the Browns to dump HJ in favor of BB?   Would the Browns be something that BB would consider taking on?  After all....his tenure as Browns HC is the biggest failure of his career......and would he want to maybe make amends...and right the wrong on that portion of his legacy?  

Food for thought, no?

Biggest failure of his career? It was rather succesful, if you exclusively think about football and not about the Move, which happened when he was a coach and had nothing to do with it.

I would be 100% on offering BB a job, but I see him rejecting it due to current ownership than his previous story with the team.

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

Biggest failure of his career? It was rather succesful, if you exclusively think about football and not about the Move, which happened when he was a coach and had nothing to do with it.

He had 4 losing seasons out of 5 years he was here.   The "move" only affect the last half of his last season...and he was incapable of rallying his team to playing well after that event.   It was announced in November of 1995. So yes, he was a failure simply from the football perspective.

I would be 100% on offering BB a job, but I see him rejecting it due to current ownership than his previous story with the team.

Well...we have no idea of what he thinks of current Browns ownership.  Not really.  Just because all we fans think Haslam sucks does not mean that is the general consensus of those inside the league.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He was setting a winning franchise. All the legacy he made during his Browns' tenure can be seen in the amount of HC, GMs et al that there are nowadays and were part of his coaching staff during that time. 

Ozzie Newsome acknowledged that the SB that the Ravens won on '00 was born in Cleveland.

There is a documentary about it that I cannot find now.

And what he thinks of the Browns ownership can be seen in all what was commented (including this article) about the Garoppolo deal. And even if he wasn't half the great coach most of us think he is, he could see that being Browns HC isn't an ideal job, even less for him, who could choose which team to go to.

9 hours ago, Nero said:

It's interesting to read. What is really true and its real consequences remains to be known, but it somehow explaining the latest news coming from New England gives the article some credit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

This isn't news. THis is bullschidt.

THe STEELERS................... not internal strife is what stopped the Patriots this year. The media already knows the Pats string of luck has run out. The Steelers are the best team in the NFL and will wipe their asss with Brady again.

Nero, you're at least the tenth person to get into a BB debate with Gipper. Welcome to the club...

9 hours ago, Nero said:

Thanks for the post... really good read.

One thing for sure... Pats are going QB hunting this draft... with barely decent ammo to get the job done. Their #1 and the 29ers #2.09 can get them into the upper end of the 3rd-quartile, mid-1st territory.

New England Patriots Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31
Round 2 Pick 9
Round 2 Pick 31
Round 3 Pick 31
Round 6 Pick 31
Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So...that is the soap opera apparently playing out in New England...

Food for thought, no?

You halfway summarized the article... minus some accuracy, a lot of depth and all nuance.

Having read the article I can tell you there's no food there... none... nada... given the line attributed to BB in the article that "when the owner gets involved in football decisions, then it's time to go". Plus Bill ain't going anywhere that he doesn't get the GM hat as well.

Your food did make me wonder if Al Lerner, ever considered inviting Bill to come home... DeBartolo probably dissuaded any thought along those lines.

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

THe STEELERS................... not internal strife is what stopped the Patriots this year. The media already knows the Pats string of luck has run out. The Steelers are the best team in the NFL and will wipe their asss with Brady again.

Cool, because I didn't read anything mentioning what did stop the Patriots this year in the article. It only talks about internal problems, and I'll be damned if some of the speculation doesn't make a lot of sense on the news we have got lately!

Damn... I could have swore that the Pats beat the Steelers three weeks ago...

Oh wait, they did. Eleven unanswered points in the final 16:33.

45 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

If bull $hit was money you would be rich.

Shefter just reported that BB is back in NE for the 2018 season. Unlike you his word is gold.

Boo, I am LMAO @ you continually kicking Gip in his old, crusty, brittle nutsack. Keep it up bro, it is a high point of my coming here.

Here is the deal. When this kind of schidt hits the wire, I feel that it is my job to post as many even more ridiculous comments about it just as a statement of how stupid these things are.

Ooooh, sources say that Trump's family is dysfunctional

Ooooooh sources say Bill Cowher just bought a home in Berea

These kind of stories are horseschidt. They are never backed up by witnesses, and they never pan out to be anything.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are as obtuse as usual.  I am not saying the Steeler play a boring game.  They do have some exciting players and play some close even wild games...which is all fine well and good.  I am saying that we are bored with having them in contention.  Who cares if they play like the XFL or play like three yards and a cloud of dust. It is boring having them be around.  

That should not have been so hard to comprehend...but you managed it.

OK,, then you should have said that in the first place.  You said in the present tense "the Steelers and Pats are boring", you should have said "the Steelers and Pats would be boring."

Two entirely different conclusions, so its not a matter of being obtuse, its a matter of you failing to convey what you really mean.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Damn... I could have swore that the Pats beat the Steelers three weeks ago...

Oh wait, they did. Eleven unanswered points in the final 16:33.

The refs beat the Steelers. 

11 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

You should be a moderator here Ghoolie instead they persecute you for being a soothsayer. Its looking like you might be spot on about Brady being done.

You predicted the end a year ago. How did you know Tom?

I thought he said he was done BEFORE he won another SB. If you say it every year, some year you will be right. That's just math and inevitability. BTW I predict that the earth will rotate and make it appear that the sun rises tomorrow. Now that's a soothsayer.:P

18 hours ago, Nero said:

He was setting a winning franchise. All the legacy he made during his Browns' tenure can be seen in the amount of HC, GMs et al that there are nowadays and were part of his coaching staff during that time. 

Ozzie Newsome acknowledged that the SB that the Ravens won on '00 was born in Cleveland.

There is a documentary about it that I cannot find now.

And what he thinks of the Browns ownership can be seen in all what was commented (including this article) about the Garoppolo deal. And even if he wasn't half the great coach most of us think he is, he could see that being Browns HC isn't an ideal job, even less for him, who could choose which team to go to.

BB was a failure here.   Did he learn from his time here?  Most certainly.  Was he getting better as a coach as he went along..  Likely.......but that does not make him any less of a failure.

I mean....freeking Pat Shurmur is getting serious concern for other HC jobs.    Will you argue that he was not a failure as a HC here?

A

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Funny....what was the score when they played...in Pittsburgh?  Oh, yea...the strife ridden Pats still won. How did the Pats get home field advantage? By beating the Squibs.

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

If bull $hit was money you would be rich.

Shefter just reported that BB is back in NE for the 2018 season. Unlike you his word is gold.

Yea...I just made it up......except for the fact that it was still being speculated about on ESPN this morning.  Maybe you better call them and call them on it.

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You halfway summarized the article... minus some accuracy, a lot of depth and all nuance.

Having read the article I can tell you there's no food there... none... nada... given the line attributed to BB in the article that "when the owner gets involved in football decisions, then it's time to go". Plus Bill ain't going anywhere that he doesn't get the GM hat as well.

Your food did make me wonder if Al Lerner, ever considered inviting Bill to come home... DeBartolo probably dissuaded any thought along those lines.

I didn't summarize the article...I didn't read it.  I just related what I heard.   So...if I was inaccurate...it is because the reports I heard were inaccurate. (though I don't think they were...you just say shite like that to make people think you are so much smarter than everyone else...when actually all you are is a bigger asshat than anyone else).   

and of course...as "SUMMARY"  by definition lacks depth and nuance.  Or maybe you didn't know that.

13 hours ago, StinkHole said:

OK,, then you should have said that in the first place.  You said in the present tense "the Steelers and Pats are boring", you should have said "the Steelers and Pats would be boring."

Two entirely different conclusions, so its not a matter of being obtuse, its a matter of you failing to convey what you really mean.

Again, you are wrong...even concerning simple English .   I said ..and these other boring POS teams, like Squibs and Pats can just fade away for  a few decades..  So...I said that they ARE boring.   "Would be" implies that something is conditional....such as "it would be boring if the Pats and Steelers made the playoffs".  Except...they are already in the playoffs...so there is no "would be" about it.  Having them be in contention IS boring....as I said.   

8 hours ago, boo fagley said:

You should be a moderator here Ghoolie instead they persecute you for being a soothsayer. Its looking like you might be spot on about Brady being done.

You predicted the end a year ago. How did you know Tom?

Get a fuc-king room already...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Get a fuc-king room already...

Considering Ghoolie and boo are the same person, the hotel room would consist of Ghoolie, a box of tissues, lotion and a economy sized box of boner pills.

Archived