calfoxwc

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Have you bothered to look?

I thought Rudolph was your job...

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

For full disclosure, I am concerned with Rosen's injury history. So this isn't some crusade to bag on Allen because I am someone who is rah-rahing for Rosen. None of the QBs have blown my hair back. Rosen has all the tools but I have my misgivings about a QB with a concussion history coming to Cleveland. 

Injuries have to be a concern and in Rosen's case that's a shoulder and a couple concussions.

After his 2017 campaign I'd say the shoulder is a non-issue. For the concussions the blows that brought them on have to be considered. If they were seemingly innocuous, then color me concerned, but I haven't seen the plays that produced them.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Regarding that mechanical breakdown- hope you noticed some of it was when Wyoming was playing Gardner-Webb. I said way back I was willing to bet you a root beer or two, you couldn't even tell me what state Gardner-Webb was located in without looking it up. 

lol... sports-reference.com/cfb doesn't even have a Gardner-Webb page...

Passing Rushing Receiving Tackles Fumbles
Rk Year Date School   Opponent   Cmp Att Pct Yds TD Int Rate Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk FR Yds TD FF
17 2017 2017-09-02 Wyoming @ Iowa L 23 40 57.5 174 0 2 84.0 8 -10 -1.3 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0     0
18 2017 2017-09-09 Wyoming   Gardner-Webb W 22 32 68.8 328 2 0 175.5 0 0   0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0     0
19 2017 2017-09-16 Wyoming   Oregon L 9 24 37.5 64 0 1 51.6 8 25 3.1 1 1 2 2.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0     0

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I thought Rudolph was your job...

No...because I am not gobbling his knob  the way you are on Rosen...or Cal is on Allen.  I am on no one's knob. All I have ever said is that he could be a factor. Why? Because CBS had him as the #1 overall best prospect at one point.  And they have been somewhat authoritative in the past. I can found out where they have him now. That is the extent of my involvement really.

So, here it is:  interestingly, they have him still as the #1 QB....but only 10th player  prospect overall:

2018 TOP NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS - QUARTERBACK
RK PLAYER POS POS RK SCHOOL CLASS HT WT
10 Mason Rudolph QB 1 Oklahoma State Sr 6-5 230
12 Lamar Jackson QB 2 Louisville Jr 6-3 200
17 Josh Rosen QB 3 UCLA Jr 6-4 220
22 Sam Darnold QB 4 Southern California Soph 6-4 225
39 Baker Mayfield QB 5 Oklahoma Sr 6-1 218
49 Ryan Finley QB 6 NC State Jr 6-4 205
114 Josh Allen QB 7 Wyoming Jr 6-5 233
117 Logan Woodside QB 8 Toledo Sr 6-2 201

Here is what CBS had ahead of any QB:

2018 TOP NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS
1 Bradley Chubb DE 1 NC State Sr 6-4 275
2 Derwin James SS 1 Florida State Soph 6-3 211
3 Quenton Nelson OG 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-5 329
4 Roquan Smith ILB 1 Georgia Jr 6-1 225
5 Orlando Brown OT 1 Oklahoma Jr 6-8 360
6 Minkah Fitzpatrick FS 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 201
7 Saquon Barkley RB 1 Penn State Jr 5-11 223
8 Maurice Hurst DT 1 Michigan Sr 6-2 282
9 Courtland Sutton WR 1 Southern Methodist Soph 6-4 215

They have

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I have an issue with any ranking that has Lamar Jackson that high.  

Yea.   They also have Allen only a mid 3rd rounder.  So...maybe they are not so bad? :o

Maybe, the fact is that I may be right when I said: "this QB group may actually be no better than the group that include Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder as first rounders..

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They have

Yea.   They also have Allen only a mid 3rd rounder.  So...maybe they are not so bad? :o

Maybe, the fact is that I may be right when I said: "this QB group may actually be no better than the group that include Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder as first rounders..

folks were saying that about last years draft and it looks like Houston Chicago and K.C have found their starters

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Weren't you just saying Wyoming's coach was the same guy who developed Wentz? Cal, it's a level playing field.

bs have a nice day.:rolleyes:

Well to properly judge Allen's accuracy need to review the film to see if he was on target or coverage good or WRs were dropping the ball etc. I don't care who we draft at QB at this point. I haven't decided on a favorite one, I think any of the top 3 are fine. Just make sure you grab the right one.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, here it is:  interestingly, they have him still as the #1 QB....but only 10th player  prospect overall:

Still CBS...

DraftScout has still not merged it's 2018 and 2019 Draft classes...

... and won't until the declaration deadline passes.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think we need a countdown clock to the draft. It's Jan 5th, and the draft is in late April?

Or to the Senior Bowl....

Chris MortensenVerified account @mortreport

Wyoming QB Josh Allen is going to accept invite to Reese’s Senior Bowl after graduating as 4th year junior. Elevates magnitude of Sr Bowl week. Expect announcement today.

10:04 AM - 5 Jan 2018

I wonder if Hue is now in trouble with Dorsey for turning down the coaching gig...

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is what CBS had ahead of any QB:

2018 TOP NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS
1 Bradley Chubb DE 1 NC State Sr 6-4 275
2 Derwin James SS 1 Florida State Soph 6-3 211
3 Quenton Nelson OG 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-5 329
4 Roquan Smith ILB 1 Georgia Jr 6-1 225
5 Orlando Brown OT 1 Oklahoma Jr 6-8 360
6 Minkah Fitzpatrick FS 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 201
7 Saquon Barkley RB 1 Penn State Jr 5-11 223
8 Maurice Hurst DT 1 Michigan Sr 6-2 282
9 Courtland Sutton WR 1 Southern Methodist Soph 6-4 215

Does CBS stand for Complete Bull $hit? I would bet everything I own that's not even close to the way the draft is going to fall out. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

bs. have a nice day.<_<

That the best you got? Lame. You are so far in D-Nile, you've paddled all the way up river to the Congo. PAC-12 = Mountain West talent level? 56% completion level is as good as Roethlisberger's and Flacco's 60%+ in lesser conferences? ROTFLMAO!!!!   

Seriously Cal, you have painted yourself into a corner looking at character and arm strength as your major criteria. I call that rose colored glassed smoochie falling in love with a prospect. 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Still CBS...

DraftScout has still not merged it's 2018 and 2019 Draft classes...

... and won't until the declaration deadline passes.

Just reporting it.   You put any of the other prospect rankings up here that you wish....they would likely all be different, fair to say?

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

That the best you got? Lame. You are so far in D-Nile, you've paddled all the way up river to the Congo. PAC-12 = Mountain West talent level? 56% completion level is as good as Roethlisberger's and Flacco's 60%+ in lesser conferences? ROTFLMAO!!!!   

Seriously Cal, you have painted yourself into a corner looking at character and arm strength as your major criteria. I call that rose colored glassed smoochie falling in love with a prospect. 

well, when you bitch as a mod about being nicer to you, then you take to smarting off like fool, that is just the way it is. You don't get it - rapistberger went to Miami. As I remember, Miami has always had a strong team back when I was in college. He had a lot of talent around him.

Here's a clue for you - lame your butt. Rapistberger started at Miami in 2001. Now, in 2000, Miami U. went 11-1, went to the Sugar Bowl and won it. So much for bragging on your boyfriend raptistberger.  Of course rapistberger had great stats, they were great before he ever got to college.

In 1998, Miami was 9-3, and they won the MicronPC Bowl.

In 1999, Miami was 9-4, and the won the Gator Bowl.

gee, hoopla, you wonder how rapistberger had a real good completion rate? seriously?

Here's another clue - in 2004, AFTER RAPISTBERGER LEFT MIAMI, they went 9-3, and won the Peach Bowl.

What corner? I just see things as I see them, unlike you, you want to see things like others see them. that is what is lame. If I"m wrong, which happens here and there...well, there and here, too, I'm wrong. But I don't wait until a consensus hits, and run with that consensus. What fun is that?  Go ahead, draft Johnny manziel with 68 and 69.9 completion percentages.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/johnny-manziel-1.html

I argued a ton to not draft JM. I kicked him off my list.

If you want to smart off, you get smarted off in return. I was trying to be nice- so HAVE A NICE DAY.

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

oh, btw, you whine about the stink - you should just not keep stirring up the cowpie. Have a nice day !

Some reports are that Allen may be high on Dorsey's list.   It will take going through all the motions to confirm this.

But....see my Minkah thread.  

If Allen were high on the Browns list....I personally believe if he were the guy....that it would be with #4...and not #1. 

I can even see trading out of #1, letting some other team go for rosen/darnold, and picking Minkah at 4.  Buffalo? may be the only team with two draft picks in the first round. It's complicated, some scouts say the top cb is the other guy?

who is "only" just a shut down corner ...with three picks in the second round, I don't care if THIS front office drafts a cb and roquan smith, lb, trading out of the first pick, and gets the qb at 4. But Smith's stock is skyrocketing...

This is a football experience rock solid fo now. Too bad the draft is so far away.

(did I mention Allen is my favorite qb? oops, I just made hoopla cry:))

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I can even see trading out of #1, letting some other team go for rosen/darnold, and picking Minkah at 4.  Buffalo? may be the only team with two draft picks in the first round. It's complicated, some scouts say the top cb is the other guy?

Minkah Fitzpatrick is listed as a FS.....the other guy.....Derwin James is listed as a SS.   Of course, both may be Peppers like guys....who go from FS to SS to CB if needed.

who is "only" just a shut down corner ...with three picks in the second round, I don't care if THIS front office drafts a cb and roquan smith, lb, trading out of the first pick, and gets the qb at 4. But Smith's stock is skyrocketing...

Smith?  Roquon?  He is listed as an ILB.....and that is not a bad position for us now as it stands, with Schobert/Kirksey.  

As for CBs, the top rated guys that I have seen are Joshua Jackson of Iowa and Denzel Ward from Ohio St. Both listed in the 20s among overall prospects.

This is a football experience rock solid fo now. Too bad the draft is so far away.

30 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

A draft that netted Roquan Smith and Minkah Fitzpatrick would be ideal. You know how I feel about Allen but those other two guys are top notch.

Archived