THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Allen mechanics are very good.

calfoxwc

On 1/6/2018 at 12:24 PM, calfoxwc said:

well, when you bitch as a mod about being nicer to you, then you take to smarting off like fool, that is just the way it is. You don't get it - rapistberger went to Miami. As I remember, Miami has always had a strong team back when I was in college. He had a lot of talent around him.

Here's a clue for you - lame your butt. Rapistberger started at Miami in 2001. Now, in 2000, Miami U. went 11-1, went to the Sugar Bowl and won it. So much for bragging on your boyfriend raptistberger.  Of course rapistberger had great stats, they were great before he ever got to college.

In 1998, Miami was 9-3, and they won the MicronPC Bowl.

In 1999, Miami was 9-4, and the won the Gator Bowl.

Long time lurker of the board; die hard Cleveland fan, born and raised. 

I usually just sit back and read you guys, enjoying the banter and drama, but in this case I couldn't resist.

The quotes from Calfox spewing the stats about how good Rapistberger's team was around him when he was in school, finally forced me to get involved.  He's going on a rant about how good "Miami U" was before Ben arrived, which would be a perfectly reasonable argument... if only he were talking about the CORRECT COLLEGE TEAM.  Ben didn't attend school at the University of Miami, which is the team that went 11-1 in 2000 and won the Sugar Bowl.  That school is in Florida and goes by the name "Hurricanes"... you may have heard of them.  Ben went to a much lesser known school, Miami University, which is located in Ohio, goes by the "Redhawks" and is in the MAC. 

They were terrible in 2000 (6-5 against MAC competition), the year before Big Ben.  There was little to no talent on that team.  He raised them to a 13-1 record (in his third year in college, only his fourth year playing the QB position after only playing one year at QB in high school) before deciding to go pro, and by 2006, the Redhawks returned to trash by going 2-10 (and they've had one year with a winning record since). 

I understand you're passionate about Josh Allen and will basically say anything to try to convince people of your point of view, but if you are not even going to be in the right stratosphere with your "stats", people are going to lose the last remaining shred of respect they may have had for you.

Go Browns!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Up Up And Away said:

I usually just sit back and read you guys, enjoying the banter and drama, but in this case I couldn't resist.

The quotes from Calfox spewing the stats about how good Rapistberger's team was around him when he was in school, finally forced me to get involved.  He's going on a rant about how good "Miami U" was before Ben arrived, which would be a perfectly reasonable argument... if only he were talking about the CORRECT COLLEGE TEAM.  Ben didn't attend school at the University of Miami, which is the team that went 11-1 in 2000 and won the Sugar Bowl.  That school is in Florida and goes by the name "Hurricanes"... you may have heard of them.  Ben went to a much lesser known school, Miami University, which is located in Ohio, goes by the "Redhawks" and is in the MAC. 

They were terrible in 2000 (6-5 against MAC competition), the year before Big Ben.  There was little to no talent on that team.  He raised them to a 13-1 record (in his third year in college, only his fourth year playing the QB position after only playing one year at QB in high school) before deciding to go pro, and by 2006, the Redhawks returned to trash by going 2-10 (and they've had one year with a winning record since). 

I understand you're passionate about Josh Allen and will basically say anything to try to convince people of your point of view, but if you are not even going to be in the right stratosphere with your "stats", people are going to lose the last remaining shred of respect they may have had for you.

Go Browns!!

Did Cal seriously confuse which "Miami"  Ben R. went to?  I kind of just skip over some of his rants and did not see this mistake...if in fact he did make that mistake.   Whatever else Cal is off base on (and we won't go into it)....I didn't think he would have actually been so far off base on a factual matter that is so basic. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Did Cal seriously confuse which "Miami"  Ben R. went to?  I kind of just skip over some of his rants and did not see this mistake...if in fact he did make that mistake.   Whatever else Cal is off base on (and we won't go into it)....I didn't think he would have actually been so far off base on a factual matter that is so basic. 

Yes he did...or at least certainly looked that way.   But then he'll just say he was just kidding afterwards. 

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yes he did...or at least certainly looked that way.   But then he'll just say he was just kidding afterwards. 

If BR had gone to Miami Fla.....there would have been a lot of discussion about that school being Quarterback U, with the likes of Bernie, Vinny, and Jim Kelly having gone there.

But note this.....those three guys were all on the Miami roster at the same time in the early 80s....but is it fair to say that that school has produced  Fuyuck All in terms of quality NFL QB since?  

photos.medleyphoto.8450975.jpg

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I can even see trading out of #1, letting some other team go for rosen/darnold, and picking Minkah at 4.  Buffalo? may be the only team with two draft picks in the first round. It's complicated, some scouts say the top cb is the other guy?

who is "only" just a shut down corner ...with three picks in the second round, I don't care if THIS front office drafts a cb and roquan smith, lb, trading out of the first pick, and gets the qb at 4. But Smith's stock is skyrocketing...

This is a football experience rock solid fo now. Too bad the draft is so far away.

(did I mention Allen is my favorite qb? oops, I just made hoopla cry:))

You had better set your DVR now Cal. Just saw your Dreamboat committed to the Senior Bowl.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905018/article/josh-allen-accepts-invitation-to-2018-senior-bowl  (That's in addition to Baker Mayfield & this loaded crew  Other QBs that have accepted invites include Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph, Washington State's Luke Falk, Virginia's Kurt Benkert, Western Kentucky's Mike White, Richmond's Kyle Lauletta and Troy's Brandon Silvers. I can hardly wait) 

The 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl will be nationally televised by NFL Network at 1:30pmCT (2:30 EST) Saturday January 27.  Practices on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be televised live by NFL Network and the Wednesday and Thursday practices will also be covered live by ESPN on ESPNU. The NFL Network will produce hour-long recap shows each evening as well. 

Since the Kelly/Bernie/Vinny group   Miami Fla. has produced these QBs:   Craig Erickson, Gino Torretta, Scott Covington, Steve Walsh, Ken Dorsey, and Brad Kaaya.  Walsh was the best of a below mediocre crop.   Not sure how Kaaya did this year...his rookie season. Did he play at all?  PFR has nothing on him.

15 minutes ago, Up Up And Away said:

Go Browns!!

lurker smercher. I was talking about Miami University. I'm old school - retired, when I was in college, Miami went to the Tangerine Bowl. I admit, I grabbed the wrong link somehow.

but you cherry picked your own stats:

your boyfriend rapistlicksbooger only played til 03.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ben-roethlisberger-1.html

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2001 Miami (OH) MAC FR QB 12 241 381 63.3 3105 8.1 7.9 25 13 146.5
2002 Miami (OH) MAC SO QB 12 271 428 63.3 3238 7.6 7.4 22 11 138.7
*2003 Miami (OH) MAC JR QB 14 342 495 69.1 4486 9.1 9.6 37 10 165.8

The year after he left Miami U.... they went to the Indepence Bowl - they were a good talented team without him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_RedHawks_football

December 22, 1973 Tangerine Bowl Florida W 16–7
December 21, 1974 Tangerine Bowl Georgia W 21–10
December 20, 1975 Tangerine Bowl South Carolina W 20–7
December 13, 1986 California Bowl San Jose State L 7–37
December 18, 2003 GMAC Bowl Louisville W 49–28
December 28, 2004 Independence Bowl Iowa State L 13–17
January 6, 2011 GoDaddy.com Bowl Middle Tennessee W 35–21
December 26, 2016 St. Petersburg Bowl Mississippi State

L 16–17

As for Miami OH.    you have BR....and you have a couple of like 12th rounders from the 70s who never appeared in an NFL game.....plus you have Zac Dysert.   He is still listed as an active player......but I see no stats whatsoever on him since he was drafted in 2013.

Though....here is what Wiki has on him:

Career history

It says that he was on IR all season for the Cowboys.  Apparently he has never been anything but a PS player.

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You had better set your DVR now Cal. Just saw your Dreamboat committed to the Senior Bowl.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905018/article/josh-allen-accepts-invitation-to-2018-senior-bowl  (That's in addition to Baker Mayfield & this loaded crew  Other QBs that have accepted invites include Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph, Washington State's Luke Falk, Virginia's Kurt Benkert, Western Kentucky's Mike White, Richmond's Kyle Lauletta and Troy's Brandon Silvers. I can hardly wait) 

The 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl will be nationally televised by NFL Network at 1:30pmCT (2:30 EST) Saturday January 27.  Practices on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be televised live by NFL Network and the Wednesday and Thursday practices will also be covered live by ESPN on ESPNU. The NFL Network will produce hour-long recap shows each evening as well. 

so, my bad, I clicked on the wrong link. But my point is still there...lol....

Miami U. (I went to Kent, of course I know the difference) went to a bowl game the year after bent left.

although, the U of Miami link proved my point better..."der":wub:

The senior bowl is going to be very telling, maybe. Allen shines, hopefully, who knows.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

As for Miami OH.    you have BR....and you have a couple of like 12th rounders from the 70s who never appeared in an NFL game.....plus you have Zac Dysert.   He is still listed as an active player......but I see no stats whatsoever on him since he was drafted in 2013.

Though....here is what Wiki has on him:

Career history

It says that he was on IR all season for the Cowboys.  Apparently he has never been anything but a PS player.

It's all relative, Gipper. Kent was a doormat to Miami U. for years. and after rapistbooger left, they still went to the bowl game, meaning they had the talent without him. So, there ya go.

40 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It's all relative, Gipper. Kent was a doormat to Miami U. for years. and after rapistbooger left, they still went to the bowl game, meaning they had the talent without him. So, there ya go.

Whatever. I am just pointing out that since the common draft....BR is the only Miami Oh. QB to register any sort of stats in the NFL from that school.

Now, going back....they had a guy named Bruce Matte drafted in the 7th round by the Redskins in 1967.....who never played.  But I wonder if he was related to Tom Matte?

Also.....Tom Dmitroff SR. went to Miami Oh.   Drafted by the Browns in 1957 ...in the 25th round at QB.      Never really played....but:  He was from Barberton.....and he went to play in the CFL for some years....and he coached in the CFL....even winning a Grey Cup in 1976 as the OC of the Ottawa RoughRiders.   

And...he is the Dad of Tom Dmitroff Jr.   who is currently the GM of the Atlanta Falcons. 

I usually just sit back and read you guys, enjoying the banter and drama, but in this case I couldn't resist. poo poo away Stanley

have a nice day anyways, closet squealer squid.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I usually just sit back and read you guys, enjoying the banter and drama, but in this case I couldn't resist. poo poo away Stanley

have a nice day anyways, closet squealer squid.

Over 30K posts would tend to be evidence against the highlighted statement.

Edit...errr OK...sorry...I got it wrong about who is saying they sit back and read.  Sorry Cal.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Over 30K posts would tend to be evidence against the highlighted statement.

Edit...errr OK...sorry...I got it wrong about who is saying they sit back and read.  Sorry Cal.

You underestimate the power of being a Trumpette. They should call it the cal board, not the political board. If you think he kisses players over here, go over there.:P

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You underestimate the power of being a Trumpette. They should call it the cal board, not the political board. If you think he kisses players over here, go over there.:P

have a nice day, leftwing rosen-bum.^_^

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

cal thought Ben Rothlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes.

I can only imagine his ramblings on the political forum are hilarious. :lol:

no, I think he's a rapistbooger, and you give him great big smoochies, like stan would.

wrong link, I made a mistake. It happens, little stanley #2. have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, I think he's a rapistbooger, and you give him great big smoochies, like stan would.

wrong link, I made a mistake. It happens, little stanley #2. have a nice day.

I'll give you credit, you owned up to your mistake cal. (You have to admit, it was quite the doozy!)

Why would I give Ben Roethlisberger smooches, and who the hell is stan/stanley? :lol:

just go with it, it's a long story.  I had the link, didn't read it, lost it, googled it back up on the list, snagged it...

wrong Miami. I don't know how that happened. dammit.

We already have Josh Allen on our team.

His name is DeShone Kizer...

"Accuracy is one of those significant issues, especially downfield."

"This play is indicative of his struggles to understand defensive coverage schemes and his reckless willingness to rely on his arm to bail him out of bad decisions."

On 1/10/2018 at 1:43 PM, Up Up And Away said:

Go Browns!!

Now THAT'S what I call an entrance... welcome to the light!

HTF did I miss this?

On 1/10/2018 at 2:22 PM, calfoxwc said:

but you cherry picked...

That's your new, go to retort, isn't it?t

On 1/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, Dutch Oven said:

cal thought Ben Rothlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes.

Either that or that Miami of Ohio won a Sugar Bowl, a Gator Bowl and a Peach Bowl in like a 5-year span.

Not sure which is funnier...

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'm just glad this thread has remained a calm. rational, dispassionate analysis of separate but objectively reconcilable perspectives.

Lord knows, I've tried.... earlier on, that is.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBKdQTZBgp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g15pyBqafY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRDSJJx9OtY

Archived