Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Derrick Henry!!


TexasAg1969
 Share

Recommended Posts

It would have been a blast if you had posted this thread earlier in the 4th quarter and he really fumbled that ball and it was recovered for the winning TD. 

As much as I like Henry, I don't like the Titans as a playoff team. I'd rather see the Bills. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So what is the back story regarding TexAg and Henry?

Ask Tour. I pushed like mad to get the Browns to take him and people here kept trying to tell me he was too slow and obviously he is not only fast, but powerful to boot which is what I was saying all along. And we have the visionless Crow instead of a back like Henry. Bunch of f'n idiots in our FO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Orion said:

Henry & Mariotta did a great job!

You gotta love that block by Mariota to allow Henry to get the final first down. That will go into the highlight reel!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ask Tour. I pushed like mad to get the Browns to take him and people here kept trying to tell me he was too slow and obviously he is not only fast, but powerful to boot which is what I was saying all along. And we have the visionless Crow instead of a back like Henry. Bunch of f'n idiots in our FO.

But Crow has a higher yards per carry over the last two seasons than Henry.

Man, if Crowell wasn't blind he'd average 7 yards a carry! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

But Crow has a higher yards per carry over the last two seasons than Henry.

Man, if Crowell wasn't blind he'd average 7 yards a carry! :lol:

Titans have finally discovered the secret to Henry out of necessity. Run him all game and he pays off big time in the 4th Q. No one can stop a back that big and that fast when he is running even stronger in the 4th than he does in the first. His game has always been that way. He wears down defenses and then runs over and away from them. Plus he has vision which Crow has never had.

EDIT: Earl Campbell was a similar kind of back except he did not have Henry's top end speed once he clears the LBs.

EDIT #2: Most do not know that there was a RB in Texas named Kenneth Hall, nicknamed The Sugarland Express, who set a career HS rushing record of 11,232 yards in 1953. That record stood until 2012 when Henry reset the record with 12,124 yards. He also broke Herschel Walker's single season SEC rushing record while playing for Alabama. And the Browns passed on him twice for Coleman and Ogbah. And that is why this FO is a bunch of idiots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

EDIT #2: Most do not know that there was a RB in Texas named Kenneth Hall, nicknamed The Sugarland Express, who set a career HS rushing record of 11,232 yards in 1953. That record stood until 2012 when Henry reset the record with 12,124 yards. He also broke Herschel Walker's single season SEC rushing record while playing for Alabama. And the Browns passed on him twice for Coleman and Ogbah. And that is why this FO is a bunch of idiots.

Henry ran for over 12,000+ yards in his HS career? Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus! How is that even possible?

A kid who went to my HS ran for around 6500 yards in his career in the late 90s and I thought that was pretty amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

He’s been mediocre most of his career so far. Are we gonna get this after every game?

That is because the Titans have been too in love with Murray to use Henry properly, as the workhorse all game long who will wear you down and crush you in the 4th quarter. I've been very consistent about that since I first started trying to get the Browns to take him in the draft. This time Murray was out so they used him properly. And since he has been there he should at least have been used in short yardage situations late in games. Just did not happen consistently.

 

2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Thank you !

I did not say Earl did not have top end speed. I said he did not have Henry's top end speed. There is a difference IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Hold the champagne.

The Chiefs D sucks vs the run and they have crusty old LBs. Hali and Johnson are done. Zombo is a jagoff. Houston is always hurt. Marcus Peters hates to tackle so you run straight at him. Revis is a ghost of his former self. 

Valid points. But you also have a big back with speed making them afraid to take on 250 lbs of speed that likes to run right through people who attempt to make a head on tackle and stiff arm to the ground those that try to take him from angles instead. My point has always been that we ended up not taking a guy who was projected late 1st early second that we really needed. He was BPA and we passed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

30 other teams missed him too.

Texas is a football factory no doubt.

Texas? He came to Alabama from Florida where he broke that national record. BTW on that 35 yd. TD run he hit a max speed of 20.31 mph. For 250 lbs that's not slow like detractors here were trying to tell me back before he was drafted. He is deceptively faster than he appears to be, not unlike those long strides even faster Eric Dickerson used to display.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Texas? He came to Alabama from Florida where he broke that national record. BTW on that 35 yd. TD run he hit a max speed of 20.31 mph. For 250 lbs that's not slow like detractors here were trying to tell me back before he was drafted. He is deceptively faster than he appears to be, not unlike those long strides even faster Eric Dickerson used to display.

Perhaps what detractors were meaning by "slow" is big guys like Henry take a while to get up to 20.31 mph? That he might have good max speed, but because of his size he takes a bit to get going?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Perhaps what detractors were meaning by "slow" is big guys like Henry take a while to get up to 20.31 mph? That he might have good max speed, but because of his size he takes a bit to get going?

You'd have to ask them. I provided the videos back then showing how fast he was accelerating past and then leaving behind DBs. They frequently misjudged that speed because of the long strides and then took improper cutoff angles. Once they missed that rarely was he ever caught from behind.

EDIT: One of the videos I provided back then before the draft. Fast to accelerate or not?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I can't hate on Derrick, even though he cost me $1830 on Sportsbetting (8 teamer) parlay by running the ball for a TD with only a few seconds left. 

Well if there was a valid reason to hate someone, that would be it. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ask Tour. I pushed like mad to get the Browns to take him and people here kept trying to tell me he was too slow and obviously he is not only fast, but powerful to boot which is what I was saying all along. And we have the visionless Crow instead of a back like Henry. Bunch of f'n idiots in our FO.

Yes, you did... and it only took you two years to have a game to crow about (pun intended).

Enjoy it... even TR had one good game. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes, you did... and it only took you two years to have a game to crow about (pun intended).

Enjoy it... even TR had one good game. ;)

Ah ha Sherlock! You knew I started this thread just for you (and me it goes without saying). It took almost a day for the fish to finally rise to the bait. You're slipping.;)

BTW it's taken the Titans 2 years to figure out what Saban knew from day 1, he had a dominating force in the running game that could set up the rest of the offense if you play him all game long. Had Murray not gotten hurt they still would not have understood that. Play him all game and he pays off in the 4th Q. Always been that kind of player. He's an offensive punisher of defenses. Hopefully they still haven't learned that and leave him out for a good price in FA. May Murray quickly recover.:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That is because the Titans have been too in love with Murray to use Henry properly, as the workhorse all game long who will wear you down and crush you in the 4th quarter. I've been very consistent about that since I first started trying to get the Browns to take him in the draft. This time Murray was out so they used him properly. And since he has been there he should at least have been used in short yardage situations late in games. Just did not happen consistently.

 

This isn't the first game Henry's started. In fact just a couple weeks ago he had 28 carries for 51 yards. Where was the thread for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...