THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Ask This

The Gipper

Let's have any of you that want to do this:   It seems that we have these 6 QBs that may be considered for the first round of the draft (or not...nevertheless).

State in which order you believe they should be drafted.    We have...in alphabetical order:   Allen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, Rosen, Rudolph.    If you think some other name should be interspersed...by all means do so.   

So What say you all:

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Let's have any of you that want to do this:   It seems that we have these 6 QBs that may be considered for the first round of the draft (or not...nevertheless).

State in which order you believe they should be drafted.    We have...in alphabetical order:   Allen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, Rosen, Rudolph.    If you think some other name should be interspersed...by all means do so.   

So What say you all:

1.Allen

2.Darnald

3.Rudolf

4.Mayfield

5.Jackson

6.Rosen

I chose Rosen last because he simply said he didn't want to be here.  To be honest, I would only have 5 and leave him off.

1.Allen - Seems Elwayish to me.

2.Darnald - Depending on your offense, Darnald might be the better pocket passer pick.

3.Rudolf - May very well surprise most scouts etc.

4.Jackson - stronger arm than Mayfield, no red flags....so...

5.Mayfield - more a toss up with Jackson, red flag - issue, maybe not?

6. Tanner Lee - Nebraska - later pick - but size and arm like a Tom Brady. Is said to have had a far better arm than Goff at Manning camp.

Did I forget anybody? nah.

1. Rosen - There are real questions about his commitment and he just rubs me the wrong way (more so than Mayfield) BUT he throws the most accurate & nicest passes. It kind of pains me to say this.

2. Mayfield - Not as familiar with the off field issues as others are. On the field, he's bit too "rah! rah!" but better a little more than not enough. And he backs it up with skill and a lot of fight!

3. Rudolph - A close 3rd due to his prototypical size we all love but his high passes seem like they'll get a  lot of WRs killed.

4. Allen - I really want to like him more because he seems to be a great kid but the numbers aren't where they need to be. I think he may be a good choice to take later on if we get Alex Smith.

5. Darnold - Hard to figure out. Should be much better than he showed lately. S#!& the bed under the national spotlight when the word on him was he thrives in the big game. Except he did the opposite.

6. Jackson - I'm not ranking him 6th. I just haven't watched him at all. 

We'll see who shines at the combine. But then again, I don't know anyone who could've watched Wentz at the 2016 combine and not wanted him. So, there's that...

Good question even for the top 10 picks which would be like picking the lottery.....in the right order. A lot depends on the drafting teams needs -and- skill.

I'll have to thimk about it.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

So What say you all:

1. Mayfield

2. Darnold

3. Allen

4. Rosen

5. Jackson

6. Rudolph

Is it “which order should they be drafted” or “put these guys in order by who you want the Browns to take the most”?

You say it’s the former...and then you put Rosen at the bottom of the list because he mentioned he’d want to go to the right scenario and then saw that as a condemnation of Cleveland and only Cleveland, so I’m a little confused.

My answer for the former is:

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold 

3. Mayfield

4. Rudolph 

5. Jackson 

6. Allen

I don’t have an answer for the latter because it’s not so cut and dry.

7 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Is it “which order should they be drafted” or “put these guys in order by who you want the Browns to take the most”?

You say it’s the former...and then you put Rosen at the bottom of the list because he mentioned he’d want to go to the right scenario and then saw that as a condemnation of Cleveland and only Cleveland, so I’m a little confused.

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold 

3. Mayfield

4. Rudolph 

5. Jackson 

6. Allen

Same list here.

As of now what I think will happen: Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph.  

Disclaimer- my order of preference: (and I've said subject to change) 

1. Darnold

2. Mayfield

3. Rosen

4. Rudolph

5. Allen

6. Jackson.

As we are now with no proven QB signed (I might change that order later if we do sign one and as I watch the combine/pro days).

1. Rosen-most ready to run a pro offense from day one

2.Rudolph

3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top)

4. Mayfield because he is a sober JFF

5. Jackson- RGIV

6. Allen-has overrated written all over him

18 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

1. Rosen 

2. Darnold 

3. Mayfield

4. Rudolph 

5. Jackson 

6. Allen

I said "state which order you believe they SHOULD be drafted" ....not would be. In other words, state the order in which you think they will ultimately play the best in the NFL.   And you failed to say who you were addressing.....as it could not have been me...as I think I had Rosen second.

59 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... ;)

Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

56 minutes ago, darren15 said:

1   Smith

2  Cousins

3  Darnold

4  Rosen

5  Allen

6  Bradford

I didn't realize that Smith, Cousins and Bradford were allowed to back into the draft again. This was asking "which order should they be drafted".

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

Let me see. Karnac say..........................................................................Josh Rosen!  Do I get the prize?:)

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let me see. Karnac say..........................................................................Josh Rosen!  Do I get the prize?:)

Yes....and your prize is a date with Tour....since he is being female about everything....perhaps on your date you can get him to actually giving you a straight answer.

I am not totally clear on the question, but will list the order of the  qbs I would prefer the Browns take and at what pick if available:

2.1  Rudolph

2.3  Allen

2.30  Jackson

1.1  Rosen

Trade back to mid-1st for  Mayfield

1.4  Darnold

3.1  Lock

4.1  White

Ask anyone...

Unlike you I'm not a butterfly flitting from #1 to #1... post to post... thread to thread...

Tour has Tour-eggs Syndrome:

advice-sticking-out-neck.jpg

lol... yeah, if I'm known for one thing around here, it's being shy about sharing my opinions.

Issue is right now I don't have an opinion informed enough to rank 2-6. While I've done some work on, watched some tape of all the usual suspects, I was so blown away by Rosen's tape that I stopped looking at the rest.

About all I can say is I am pretty sure Darnold is not my #2.

I'll be jump-starting my assessments after Sr. Bowl Week... at least that's how it's worked in the past.

yet, Josh Allen threw for 45 TD's in his career, Wentz threw for 44. Allen would surely sit for a year, Wentz didn't have to.

Nobody knows. It's best to avoid red flags for that reason. Even without red flags, it's taking a chance on qb's.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As we are now with no proven QB signed (I might change that order later if we do sign one and as I watch the combine/pro days).

1. Rosen-most ready to run a pro offense from day one

2.Rudolph

3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top)

4. Mayfield because he is a sober JFF

5. Jackson- RGIV

6. Allen-has overrated written all over him

Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?

I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship. 

The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship

7 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?

I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship. 

The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship

Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.

Archived