THE BROWNS BOARD

QB mike white

LBC mike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trubisky is the example of how a qb could skyrocket to the top ot the draft. He eneded up being an overall #2.

We're talking about White here. NFLdraftcountdown has him a 2/3 round guy already. Corollary much?

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Trubisky is the example of how a qb could skyrocket to the top ot the draft. He eneded up being an overall #2.

We're talking about White here. NFLdraftcountdown has him a 2/3 round guy already. Corollary much?

OK, sorry, I underestimated White. Seems Walter Football does too. 

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I can ascertain a corrallary just fine....if one is set up and  made in a cogent manner.  Yours fell short on that count.

But I get what you are saying now.  You think that this guy.....who may have been rated like a 6th/7th/UDFA....is now shooting up to where he may be snagged in round 2? 

I will believe it when I see it.   (and remember...I have an affinity toward WKy.....as my Dad was a Bowling Green Ky. native.

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OK, sorry, I underestimated White. Seems Walter Football does too. 

Here are CBS rankings:

10 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St. Sr QB 1 6-5 230  
14 Lamar Jackson Louisville Jr QB 2 6-3 200  
16 Josh Rosen UCLA Jr QB 3 6-4 220  
21 Sam Darnold USC Soph QB 4 6-4 225  
39 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma Sr QB 5 6-1 218  
119 Josh Allen Wyoming Jr QB 6 6-5 233  
155 Logan Woodside Toledo Sr QB 7 6-2 201  
168 Mike White Western Ky. Sr QB 8 6-4 225  
187 Kyle Lauletta Richmond Sr QB 9 6-3 215  
195 Nick Stevens Colorado St. Sr QB 10 6-3 200  
200 Riley Ferguson Memphis Sr QB 11 6-4 210  
220 Luke Falk Wash. State Sr QB 12 6-4 225

They have him as about a 5th rounder.

Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 221. Arm: 32.63. Hand: 9.38. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.79. 
Projected Round (2018): 5-FA. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz571Z7hDsU

Walter has him the same.....5th round to UDFA.

OK....so, I am sorry...I must have missed it.  Who has him going as high as round 2? 

Rudolph and Jackson as the top two?? Good thing I'm not drinking anything at the keyboard anymore, I'd have spit it out,

laughing. we'll see how it all turns out. They have him going as high as round two.

EDIT:

My bad, it was http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128411&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

Name: Mike White (Transfer from South Florida)
College: Western Kentucky     Number: 14
Height: 6-4   Weight: 221
Position: QB  Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2018

40 Low: 4.78
   40 Time: 4.87
  40 High: 4.98
Projected Round: 2-3  Stock: same.gif   
Rated number 7 out of 115 QB's     82 / 2381 TOTAL

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Rudolph and Jackson as the top two?? Good thing I'm not drinking anything at the keyboard anymore, I'd have spit it out,

laughing. we'll see how it all turns out.

I see....it was Draft Scout that had White as a a 2-3 round pick.   

And...honestly at this point...I would rather see either Rudolph and Jackson ....and even White, over DeShone Allen...aka, Brandon Weeden Jr.  The more I look into Allen....the more that that is what I see of him.

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here are CBS rankings:

10 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St. Sr QB 1 6-5 230  
14 Lamar Jackson Louisville Jr QB 2 6-3 200  

They have him as about a 5th rounder.

I agree with some of CBS' opinions- but care to explain how in the world they can have Mason Rudolph rated as their #1 QB prospect and the 5th quarterback taken in the draft? Other than their outlier- no other mock I've seen has Rudolph in the first round, and certainly not the #1 QB prospect.  Does not compute. 

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I see....it was Draft Scout that had White as a a 2-3 round pick.   

And...honestly at this point...I would rather see either Rudolph and Jackson ....and even White, over DeShone Allen...aka, Brandon Weeden Jr.  The more I look into Allen....the more that that is what I see of him.

Somehow you missed the weeden when watching Rudolph?

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I agree with some of CBS' opinions- but care to explain how in the world they can have Mason Rudolph rated as their #1 QB prospect and the 5th quarterback taken in the draft? Other than their outlier- no other mock I've seen has Rudolph in the first round, and certainly not the #1 QB prospect.  Does not compute. 

Sure it computes.  They have Rudolph ranked as the best prospect.....but Mock Drafts are NOT designed to rank prospects....they are projections of what the author of the mock thinks that teams will do.    We have gone over this before.  It is also likely that it is a different writer that does the mock than does the prospect ranking.

ALL of these are, after all.....just some mope's personal opinions on things....be it Kiper, McShay, Brugler, Mayock,  you, me,  or any other gasbag with a forum to get their opinions heard. 

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Somehow you missed the weeden when watching Rudolph?

No...I didn't miss it because I didn't see it.   (I have heard that Allen basically fits that mold)   But I did note the same reservation that I had for Weeden....and Mayfield....and everyone else that has come out of the Big 12:   Big 12 QBs cannot be trusted....as they have never been very successful. 

As someone noted:  NO Big 12 QB since the inception of the league (in like 1994)  has ever won an NFL playoff game.  The best ever has been Andy Dalton....who has lost 4 playoff games. 

If the best the Browns can do with their drafting of a QB is to get another Dalton.....then I am all for going elsewhere with the pick.

I think it boils down to one of the Pac 12 guys likely.  Allen....we got his clone now in Kizer.   Mayfield and Rudolph....the Big 12 curse.  Jackson....not unless we want like a Mike Vick type clone...who cannot throw nearly as well as Vick did.

No....to me....it looks like Darnold or Rosen.  

So....for one of them its:

And:

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sure it computes.  They have Rudolph ranked as the best prospect.....but Mock Drafts are NOT designed to rank prospects....they are projections of what the author of the mock thinks that teams will do.    We have gone over this before.  It is also likely that it is a different writer that does the mock than does the prospect ranking.

ALL of these are, after all.....just some mope's personal opinions on things....be it Kiper, McShay, Brugler, Mayock,  you, me,  or any other gasbag with a forum to get their opinions heard. 

Go ahead and keep being obtuse. So yeah, if different guys are doing the rankings\draft I can see it. But if Rudolph is truly the #1 prospect (and as I pointed out only CBS does- and that's a major outlier in the discussion)  there is absolutely no way in hell four other quarterback needy teams are going to pass on him.  

Sorry if you think an outlier fits your argument. Walter has him #6 qb, ditto NFL.com. SI and Jeremiah don't even have him in the top 50 prospects. So CBS having him drafted (at best) in the lower half of the first round fits what the other draftniks and talking heads think about his ability. In other words, whoever at CBS ranked him the #1 qb prospect is crack head BS, and doubtless they'll change it after the combine. The new term being bandied around is click bait. 

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Go ahead and keep being obtuse. So yeah, if different guys are doing the rankings\draft I can see it. But if Rudolph is truly the #1 prospect (and as I pointed out only CBS does- and that's a major outlier in the discussion)  there is absolutely no way in hell four other quarterback needy teams are going to pass on him.  

Sorry if you think an outlier fits your argument. Walter has him #6 qb, ditto NFL.com. SI and Jeremiah don't even have him in the top 50 prospects. So CBS having him drafted (at best) in the lower half of the first round fits what the other draftniks and talking heads think about his ability. In other words, whoever at CBS ranked him the #1 qb prospect is crack head BS, and doubtless they'll change it after the combine. The new term being bandied around is click bait. 

Sorry Larry....you are the one being obtuse because:  A.  You  are entering TCPO type of  mental malfunction because you still do not seem to be able to tell the difference between a prospects rating and a mock draft...and B.  I am NOT saying that Rudolph is the best prospect in the minds of the mass media.....I understand that most mock drafts and ratings of him do not have him among the top prospects.

What I AM saying is that NO ONE among this crop of QB prospects is all that impressive to me......that NONE of them are what any of us should think of as a sure thing.  That for all any of us know this guy could be as good or better than all the others when the time comes to truly evaluate this group of QBs:  i.e 3-5 years later. 

I mean...look at it this way...I see this draft class as potentially similar to 2012  If anyone said they would think that  the guy that was projected to be the 6th best QB of the bunch would turn out to be the best guy....then many of you on here would have said that whoever said that is crack head BS.....and would have doubted that would change. But here you go....QBs in 2012 in order in which they were drafted:

1. Andrew Luck

2. Robert Griffin III

3. Ryan Tannehill

4. Brandon Weeden

5. Brock Osweiler

6. Russell Wilson

7. Nick Foles

8. Kirk Cousins

Now...who would have thought that it was the guys that were the 6th and 7th QBs taken that year would be the ones to be Super Bowl winning starting QBs.....and that the guy that was 8th would be in line to become the highest paid QB in history. 

So...the bottom line is:    don't be all so effing Socksure that all these rating services and mock drafts will get things right.  Would only that the 
Browns not have been the dumbarses of the world and taken those 6-7-8th ranked QBs...instead of the one they got.

not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

52 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

You talking to me?  I had nothing to say about Manziel's completion pct. 

All I can figure out is that you really must be a Communist.  You love a guy with nothing but red flags.   And the flags that I am talking about are just the bare bones statistics.  Of the Top 6 candidates I already documented that your boy toy had:

1. The WORST completion pct.

2. The WORST QB rating.

3. The WORST  TD/int. ratio

...plus the WORST in  several other statistical categories.  

Now...he might have the size of Brock Osweiler, and a Brandon Weeden/Derek Anderson/Deshone Kizer bazooka arm.  And he might be the nicest kid this side of Brady Quinn...who seemed like a really nice kid. But the fact is.....it seems that he falls into comparison with all these other guys for a reason. 

well, judge goober, you are a poor judge of talent, let's leave it at that. He also led his not that talented team to the bowl game,

and wowed scouts in it. I never once said he was a finished product, but let's all just watch the draft, watch their careers. You wanted to sit in a hottub with johnny manziel. Your fave rudolph won't be drafted that high as the top five, take it to the bank.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, judge goober, you are a poor judge of talent, let's leave it at that. He also led his not that talented team to the bowl game,

and wowed scouts in it. I never once said he was a finished product, but let's all just watch the draft, watch their careers. You wanted to sit in a hottub with johnny manziel. Your fave rudolph won't be drafted that high as the top five, take it to the bank.

The dude using Josh Allen’s hog as a snorkel is in here talking about evaluating talent.

Thats just about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

8 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The dude using Josh Allen’s hog as a snorkel is in here talking about evaluating talent.

Thats just about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

although, I was absolutely against jm being drafted - argued against it bigtime. I was a Trubisky guy, and he went #2 Overall.

What did you think of jm in that draft?

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

The irony of this didn't escape me either, Mark. 

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

well, sissy markie, when it comes to people talking about wanting their daughters to be raped, you should have manned up and deleted it, instead of being a punk butt and letting it go. and it wasn't said to me sheet for brains, so STFU.

You have deleted some of my stuff, just because I disagreed with one of your friends about politics. If you won't be a man and do your job right, then turn it over to several posters on this board who could do it right, and not like an asexual limp-leaved tropical plant.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, sissy markie, when it comes to people talking about wanting their daughters to be raped, you should have manned up and deleted it, instead of being a punk butt and letting it go. and it wasn't said to me sheet for brains, so STFU.

You have deleted some of my stuff, just because I disagreed with one of your friends about politics. If you won't be a man and do your job right, then turn it over to several posters on this board who could do it right, and not like an asexual limp-leaved tropical plant.

A.  I have deleted nothing that you've posted.

B.  I never visit the political board.

c.  If I had seen the (one post) you're referring to, I would've deleted it.   How about the 100 other posts you've complained about?

D.  If you would like my moderator status, feel free to email the owner of the board and ask for it. 

E.  Get your accusations correct before you make them snowflake.

F.   F stands for Fuck off

A. You are a liar - I have friends, too,

B. Sure you have - another lie

C. No, you wouldn't have, there have been plenty of others you didn't, but one of the mods did,

and apologized to me that it was left up. asswhole.

D. I wouldn't make a good moderator - but better and fairer than you. Fox example, you came out of the woodwork to start arguing with me. ooooh, scary worthless mod.

E. You don't order me nothing, sissy markie. I didn't start anything with you - you started it with me. So go suck up some more to

toolmaster stanley.

F. Stands for sissy markie Fool.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

B. Sure you have - another lie

Show me one post of mine on the Political board.    Go ahead........go ahead and search for it.  I'll wait.   And then I'll expect an apology for making shit up.  

Also....me sucking up to Stan is hilarious.  Shows just how much you actually know. 

I don't have to look - you probably went and deleted them. But you said you never went OVER THERE, I didn't say you POSTED.

I don't know all that much - but I know more than you think - I go way, way back. You started the crap, sissy markie. The more you stir it, the more you whine and bitch about it stinking. See, I never once started anything with you, you got the red butt because I disagreed with one of your friends...or stan sent you to start something with me, like a good little red azz nazi soldier.

Have a nice (gay?) day, and God Bless Ya !

Archived