THE BROWNS BOARD

The games deliver Ghoolie's lessons

Ghoolie

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

:lol: Well said.  Even worse, Pitt pulled 1 or 2 linemen that bellied back instead of staying tight to the line of scrimmage (because the right side of their line got pushed back); which caused the RB to belly back as well.  You do that to a loaded box with fast LBers and they're going to swarm in right off/behind the fannies of the pulling linemen. This completely closed off any chance for Bell to cut back while the defense pursued, clamped and closed.  Couldn't have been any easier for Jax. 

It would be fun to see Jax win this whole thing.  I don't know if they're balanced enough; but they have LBers and a secondary that matches up well with NE's strengths. Plus they can put heat on the passer and run the ball.   Looking forward to this week's games.

I honestly think Brady is past his prime. If he is given time, he is still great. But when he is forced to release quickly, he is very average. I think if JAX goes blitzn happy, they can win. I am sick of NE  sick of everyone. SIck of us not having a team that is worthy of our honor and support.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I honestly think Brady is past his prime. If he is given time, he is still great. But when he is forced to release quickly, he is very average. I think if JAX goes blitzn happy, they can win. I am sick of NE  sick of everyone. SIck of us not having a team that is worthy of our honor and support.

Anything can happen. Maybe the Jags are the next Patriots? They won 12 games this season and a bunch of guys contribute on offense. They are balanced. Bortles just makes plays when they need them. Brady didnt wow anybody in 2001 either.

Seriously about QBs. They make or break you. They make the OL look like the 5 blocks of granite. Not the other way around of the OL making Kizer look like Jim Kelly. Lots of NFL QBs come and go with the physical ability that made them big stars in college. The NFL game is 3 D chess and decision making is as important as a strong arm.

All bets are off on the Browns constant losing and coming in last in 2018 if they land a real QB like Alex Smith and draft a beast. Youre not winning jack squat without a QB in the NFL.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:12 PM, Ghoolie said:

Otto Graham never won an NFL championship. Never. Not one that stands up to the teams of today. I m sure you can dig up some caveman who won  The Fred Flintstone Bowl championship 8 times while wearing a Brontosaurus egg on his head. Stone Age championships mean nothing. The modern era of football started with the SB. 

Tom, Gipper is such a crotchety old fart that he had season tickets during the Otto Graham era. He tailgated out of the back of his Model T.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

you clearly don't value the fat-butt factor..OL coach Scarnicki should get more value in that Pats. coaching staff than he does. 1st quarter, If the Jags DL beats up Pats OL? Jags got a chance. If Jags got to blitz to get to Brady, Gronk will make them pay worse than McDonald last week..Jags got under 4 secs. to Brady or the winning door closes quickly..Jags with Marone is all about winning up front on both sides of ball 

Just now, gumby73 said:

you clearly don't value the fat-butt factor..OL coach Scarnicki should get more value in that Pats. coaching staff than he does. 1st quarter, If the Jags DL beats up Pats OL? Jags got a chance. If Jags got to blitz to get to Brady, Gronk will make them pay worse than McDonald last week..Jags got under 4 secs. to Brady or the winning door closes quickly..Jags with Marone it's all about winning up front on both sides of ball 

Gronk may be the key to the Patriots winning another ring and Brady yet another SB MVP.

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I dont think, I know that youre an idiot.

The Steelers OL and DL used to be one of the best in the NFL and could go toe to  toe with any team. Against Jax, Ben threw hail marys and his WRs came down with the ball. The OL is not fine and Pitt has been winning nail biters all season.

The Steelers are not a dominate team in the trenches anymore. They are a soccer team.

I will accept the opinion of any football expert on who is right...you or me.  I say that the Steelers OL is just fine...one of the best in the NFL.  You say it sucks. 

98% of football experts will take my side.

I wish you were right. I wish the Steelers OL was just suckass. But it isn't.  And you are the consensus idiot of America if you think otherwise.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes....Brady is past his prime.....but he is still one of the best likely 2 QBs in the league.  

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Tom, Gipper is such a crotchety old fart that he had season tickets during the Otto Graham era. He tailgated out of the back of his Model T.

So....are you putting yourself in the bucket of ignorant arseholes along with  Ghoolie?

Are you as Stupid as a Steeler fan?   "The world didn't exist before the Steelers started winning"   The world didn't exist before the Patriots started winning.   Both Franchises were the laughing stock of 2 different leagues for 40 years each.....but those years don't count in your ignorant minds...and nothing counts before they started being winners.

Well....that would be great if we could do that.   If nothing before the early 70s counted...then we can then conclude that  nothing that Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinson etc. etc.   Nothing of what they did counts.    Good...lets completely diminish the Yankees accomplisments all those years.

Same for Basketball.  Nothing counts before the merger with the ABA...... Nothing Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Bob Cousy, George Mikan, Oscar Robertson,Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek, Bob Petit....nothing of their careers counts at all.

Same for hockey....not that I know much about hockey...but  a few names like Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Stan Mikita...nothing they ever did counted. 

You guys are the biggest morons of our generation.

On 1/17/2018 at 7:12 PM, Ghoolie said:

Otto Graham never won an NFL championship. Never. Not one that stands up to the teams of today. I m sure you can dig up some caveman who won  The Fred Flintstone Bowl championship 8 times while wearing a Brontosaurus egg on his head. Stone Age championships mean nothing. The modern era of football started with the SB. 

& When they rename the Super Bowl the World Bowl or Universe Bowl, all those Championships the Steelers won in the 70s will mean as much as Otto's. You'd have to be damn near 50 to even remember them. 

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

& When they rename the Super Bowl the World Bowl or Universe Bowl, all those Championships the Steelers won in the 70s will mean as much as Otto's. You'd have to be damn near 50 to even remember them. 

75% of people now remember the Steel Curtain as well as they remember the Akron Pros. ..or the Napoleanic Wars. 

Now...there was a matchup and names to remember;

Salamanca!

Badajoz!

Trafalgar!

Leipzig!

The Pyramids!

The March to Russia!

The Battle of the Nile!

and, of course, Waterloo!

Nelson!  Wellington!

Blucher!

Villanueve!

Field Marshall Ney!

And, of course,   Bonaparte himself!

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So....are you putting yourself in the bucket of ignorant arseholes along with  Ghoolie?

Are you as Stupid as a Steeler fan?   "The world didn't exist before the Steelers started winning"   The world didn't exist before the Patriots started winning.   Both Franchises were the laughing stock of 2 different leagues for 40 years each.....but those years don't count in your ignorant minds...and nothing counts before they started being winners.

Well....that would be great if we could do that.   If nothing before the early 70s counted...then we can then conclude that  nothing that Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinson etc. etc.   Nothing of what they did counts.    Good...lets completely diminish the Yankees accomplisments all those years.

Same for Basketball.  Nothing counts before the merger with the ABA...... Nothing Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Bob Cousy, George Mikan, Oscar Robertson,Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek, Bob Petit....nothing of their careers counts at all.

Same for hockey....not that I know much about hockey...but  a few names like Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Stan Mikita...nothing they ever did counted. 

You guys are the biggest morons of our generation.

What did you guys tailgate with back in yonder days?

Hard cider and squirrel stew.

28 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

We roasted stupid humans.   Good thing you were not around. You would have been on the menu.

So....as a "Boston" guy.....are you comfortable with the notion that NOTHING that Bill Russell/Havlicek/Cousy/Bobby Orr/Ted Williams  ever did counts for anything?

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes....Brady is past his prime.....but he is still one of the best likely 2 QBs in the league.  

Yes just like other greats like Peyton Manning, Brett Farve  even John Elway  they just knew how to win.......baby!

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 5:36 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

San Diego Chargers when Fouts/Winslow were on the team still couldn't put together a championship due to their defense.  They could put up 40 and lose 44-40.  Combination of both is best.

heh heh heh....ask dan marino also....

On 1/19/2018 at 11:39 AM, hoorta said:

The NFL will never expand into Europe, and the rest of the world will never expand its interest in the NFL. The reality is that the NFL is shrinking, and Cleveland is a market that is among the least promising and profitable.

The Steelers tradition of winning is far greater than that of the Browns. In fact, the Browns are one of the least successful franchises of all times. Certianly in the Era of the modern times, they may be THE worst.

The Browns won the NFL title in 1964, but that is the only time, the only championship. All that leather helmet BS means noting. Those guys could have been beaten by a good pick up game squad.

On 1/19/2018 at 12:17 PM, boo fagley said:

Cox and Vaselline

On 1/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, Gunz41 said:

I am not saying he for sure was, many factors go into that. My point was he was the ONLY person the Browns should take, and he didn't effect them losing. He wasn't a game changer. The hate he had for Watson, he did change things for the Texans until he got injured. The point was even all this predicting, he wasn't right on them

I am absolutely right on Lynch. He got hurt, but he is the starter. He has more wins than any current Browns QB, as a Brown.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, boo fagley said:

I dont think, I know that youre an idiot.

The Steelers OL and DL used to be one of the best in the NFL and could go toe to  toe with any team. Against Jax, Ben threw hail marys and his WRs came down with the ball. The OL is not fine and Pitt has been winning nail biters all season.

The Steelers are not a dominate team in the trenches anymore. They are a soccer team.

DOMINANT..........not dominate

On 1/19/2018 at 5:37 AM, boo fagley said:

He tailgated out of Ben Hur's chariot. They made a movie about it. Chariots Of Schidt.

6 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

There’s a lot of bait being taken on this classic albeit predictable troll-job

Half the fun for the fishes is nibbling at the bait to fool the fisherman into thinking there is a fish on the line. Got to wait until the line really runs off before you set the hook.B)

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The NFL will never expand into Europe, and the rest of the world will never expand its interest in the NFL. The reality is that the NFL is shrinking, and Cleveland is a market that is among the least promising and profitable.

The Steelers tradition of winning is far greater than that of the Browns. In fact, the Browns are one of the least successful franchises of all times. Certianly in the Era of the modern times, they may be THE worst.

The Browns won the NFL title in 1964, but that is the only time, the only championship. All that leather helmet BS means noting. Those guys could have been beaten by a good pick up game squad.

You can only play the competition the league has.   The thing that never changed is "if you beat the best - you're the best." The first 10 years of Pro Football for the Cleveland Browns - they were in the Championship Games all 10 years.  When they were in the weaker league - they Won the Championship all 4 times.   When the Browns (and 2-3 of those teams) joined the NFL - Cleveland made all 6 NFL Championship Games (won half of them - including their very 1st game they were SUPPOSED to lose to Philly in).

When this franchise leaned on Ottomatic Graham during his 10 year career - they won 7 Pro Football Championship Titles.  Bradshaw had you staining your Fruit of the Looms much far less;  and Otto never got benched for a lesser QB all the way into his 4th season.  When this franchise leaned on Jim Brown - they only won 1 Pro Football Title (1964).  Otto Graham also won a Pro Basketball Championship with the Rochester Royals.   Sometimes I'm asked why Rochester, NY has such a HUGE following of the Cleveland Browns fans and I think Otto Graham, Jim Brown (SU) and Ernie Davis (SU).  There was also a good lineman John Brown who blocked for Ernie Davis at SU before he played at a high level for the Browns.

Here's coaches that learned under Paul Brown:

1) Don Shula - Did anyone else go undefeated in the 70s in spite of a backup QB starting all but 5 games? Has anyone gone undefeated after the 70s?

2) Chuck Noll - This piece of "Offensive Linemen are just a Dime a Dozen" learned a lot as Paul Brown's messenger Guard; maybe even some draft criteria...

3) Bill Walsh - Listed last because he learned the nuts and bolts of the WCO in Cincitucky under Brown. I'm glad SF's dynasty was almost as good as the Cleveland Browns.  

Even Tom Landry and the Cowboys borrowed a lot of his scouting and draft criteria that was way ahead of his time.  Brown was the best High School Coach in the Country before he won a National Title for Ohio State before he created the best 10 year dynasty Pro Football has ever witnessed.  Looks to me like the PRO FOOTBALL Hall of Fame is in the right state.

No need to drop a plop on the part of our history when winning was a tradition - especially if everyone remembers to take their meds.

You see these coaching trees all over ~but~ many run through Ohio......naturally. ;)

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Since 1999 the case can be made the Browns are the least successful. Good thing the Steelers didn't get shut down pre 1970 & moved because THEY were the least successful franchise 1930-1970. And don't give me that crap it was a long time ago. As Gip pointed out, plenty of yellow seats in the 4th quarter of a playoff game in Pittsburgh last week.

All it will take is a few winning seasons and all the talk of the Browns being among least profitable will go away. 

:lol::lol::lol: BTW, about that 11-5 prediction for the Bengals this year. Only missed it by 4. 7-9. Told ya they were going to stink. Since two of their wins were against the hapless Browns, My 5-11 would have been right on...   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

:lol::lol::lol: BTW, about that 11-5 prediction for the Bengals this year. Only missed it by 4. 7-9. Told ya they were going to stink. Since two of their wins were against the hapless Browns, My 5-11 would have been right on...  

Moral of the story. Browns will find a way to screw with you no matter what you do.:lol:

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am absolutely right on Lynch. He got hurt, but he is the starter. He has more wins than any current Browns QB, as a Brown.

So the Cleveland Browns are now the measuring stick for a QB? In 2 seasons, he has 4 starts, and 1 win in those starts. That would equal a 4-12 record. 4 TD and 4 INT, so 16 each. Those are supreme numbers.

And no, he is not the starter. He started the last game. He is the starter the same as Sean Mannion is for the Rams.

He is just not that good, comparing him to other NFL quarterbacks. 

But go ahead and proclaim him the next Brady or Manning or Brees.

17 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

So the Cleveland Browns are now the measuring stick for a QB? In 2 seasons, he has 4 starts, and 1 win in those starts. That would equal a 4-12 record. 4 TD and 4 INT, so 16 each. Those are supreme numbers.

And no, he is not the starter. He started the last game. He is the starter the same as Sean Mannion is for the Rams.

He is just not that good, comparing him to other NFL quarterbacks. 

But go ahead and proclaim him the next Brady or Manning or Brees.

I never proclaimed him as the next anyone. I said we should have drafted him. Compared to the shidt we did draft, he is a world beater. The guy's story has not been written. You jackoffs are so hard up to find me being wrong at something, you were proclaiming a failure the first time Simeien (sp.) started. THey has been hurt. Is he fragile? We will see. For sure, he has not yet had his chance. 

Archived